Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Heads Up Racing Next Friday at Eddyville Raceway Park

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I'd definitely like a shot at this guy Friday night. If he can outrun me, so be it, but I'll burn my **** to the ground to put loud-mouth ****** like that in their place. Somebody has to rep for us LS1 guys.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just wish i could find some one to loan me their nitrous kit so i can hand him his *** in the ole lt1 lol

I think all I truely need is good tires and a retune because last time i raced him i finished right at his door...but i still lost..winnings winning.

Last edited by 355z28; 06-17-2008 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Had to correct my slang car words
Old 06-17-2008, 03:57 PM
TECH Regular

If all you need is a bottle, I've got like 23 of them.

W
Old 06-17-2008, 04:01 PM
10 Second Club

sorry ill edit that and put nitrous kit lol
Old 06-17-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Regular

Son of a gun. Well, if you want to get one ever. Let me know and I can hook you up.

W
Old 06-17-2008, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by houseofboost
Well, I brought our bike up there a couple weeks ago and got to make 3 passes the whole night. There was only like 25 cars there and the ***** running the staging lanes ignored us the whole ******* night. It was pretty unimpressive.

I had the same experience as you had last time. I watched cars get to hot-lap their **** while we sat waiting.

And I spent nearly two years of my life running the joint, so it was pretty shitty.

Wes Buck
Wish I would have been there to enjoy that night.

When you were running the place, there was good stuff going on, hopefully they can get it going like that again.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:37 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
The guy with the yellow mustang called me out at the osky mall parking lot. Tells me all this **** he has done. He asked me probably 5-6 times if I wanted to go run them on the highway. Not worth it to me at all to loose my license and CDL for my job. Then like Fenton 06 said all his friends called me a ***** and showed me the "classy" sticker of a guy pissing on the words camaro on his back window. haha what dumb ***. Then he probably went and told all his friends how he could kick my cars *** and I wouldn't race him. Haha hope it makes him feel better he can beat a camaro with exhaust.
Haha... He is truly a dumbass... he's been caught street racing AT LEAST 3 times, the last time I think he lost his license for a year or something... stupid people just don't learn. If you saw his friend I lovingly call "fat ****" (you REALLY can't miss him) He talks a lot of the **** for his buddies car. I have a friend who works with him at O O's (O'Reilly's) and when he starts talking **** about it asks him some question about it and then says, "Oh yeah, that's right, it isn't yours" and laughs he shuts right the **** up
Old 06-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Launching!

DAMN GUYS!

All this good action and I'm gonna be in Minnesota!!! UGH WORK...

I have a couple requests:

1. I want video of Wes calling out the Mustang and his "crew" (anybody seen the 377ndacut youtube vids?)

2. I want video of the Mustang being destroyed

3. I want video of the Mustang crew's reaction.

I'm going to be working hard all summer to promote the Heads Up Racing and Midnight Madness. We need callouts and rivialy like this to really get this stuff goin full steam again.

Hope some of you can get out early to see the 10.5 cars throw down.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 377 Likes on 275 Posts

BCNUL8R - Are you comin' down, man? I hope so. Haven't seen you in a long time.

I'll be bringin' my Gold T/A, but I can't hang with your car on the spray. It might be a descent race my car on the spray vs. your car on the motor, but I doubt you'll want to do that.

I hope there is a good turnout. I think this yellow Mustang is going to the top of my hit list. I hope he turns up Friday night.

We're bringing a wealth of cars up from Kirksville, MO. I'm hoping that there is 10 of us.

Do many bikes show up anymore? Cause we'll be looking for races for our stock swingarm, street tire, no wheelie bar, N/A Yamaha R1, but I don't think anyone can hang.

W
Wes it's great to hear from you! If I get off work early Friday I might come watch, but I popped the motor in the goat so no racing for me.

We're getting parts together for the rebuild and I'm heading a different direction with the new motor. Low compression about 9.25 to 1 for some boost down the road. I'm working my tail off 11 and 12 hour shifts to pay for stuff, but I will be back.

I'll never forget that first year I went racing while you were running the track!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Regular

Yea, it's too bad you aren't going to be around. I think we're going to have a good turnout. I'm actually considering staying the night up in ERP and then driving over to Cordova to run a few 1/4 mile passes on Saturday.

I'm going to bring a video camera, but I don't know that I'll capture everything you're after. We'll try, though. I've been to a handful of those grudge races in Phenix City, Piedmont Dragway, etc...and I can only hope to create that kind of excitement up at ERP.

I'd like to put together another heads up event here in the midwest sometime soon. It's just hard telling when. I'm actually negotiating with a couple tracks to do a big, real big, match race towards the end of the year with a couple of the biggest names in the business.

We need to re-name the deal at ERP like the Street Car Shootout or Street Legal Shootout or something along those lines. I had a friend call me about the 10.5 race at ERP and I was like no, it's not what you're thinking, you don't need to bring a car that'll run 4.40s in the 1/8th.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BCNUL8R
Wes it's great to hear from you! If I get off work early Friday I might come watch, but I popped the motor in the goat so no racing for me.

We're getting parts together for the rebuild and I'm heading a different direction with the new motor. Low compression about 9.25 to 1 for some boost down the road. I'm working my tail off 11 and 12 hour shifts to pay for stuff, but I will be back.

I'll never forget that first year I went racing while you were running the track!
Man, I'll never forget those Friday nights either. We had more fun on Friday nights and during the Midnight Madness races than any other time. Big burnouts, tons of people and cars, etc... It was a blast.

I hope you get to come down. It'd be good to see you regardless of whether you race or not. I'm sorry to hear about your motor. That sucks. How much spray were you runnin' when you burnt a hole?

I'm actually going to have Speed Inc. do the tune-up on my gold car when I get the FAST LSx 92mm intake and 92mm throttle body. I'm hoping for 400+rwhp with a CAM only LS1 w/o spray.

Thanks again for coming down and supporting my programs back in 2005. I hope that we can re-create some of that excitement this weekend and in the future.

Keep it real. Peace.
W
Old 06-17-2008, 08:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Rogue86
Good to hear guys!

Wes, Is Tim's Chevelle going to be done?
Christian - Hey, Tim is putting his 406ci SBC back together as we speak. I'm not sure how long he'll be down, but I'm thinking he should be ready for the NEXT late-night deal. He was going to put his 380ci 14:1 motor out of his blue Camaro in the Chevelle, but I think we've convinced him just to put a new crank in the 406 and roll out. That 14:1 motor makes big power, but it's no sort of street-car engine.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 377 Likes on 275 Posts

Man, I'll never forget those Friday nights either. We had more fun on Friday nights and during the Midnight Madness races than any other time. Big burnouts, tons of people and cars, etc... It was a blast.

I hope you get to come down. It'd be good to see you regardless of whether you race or not. I'm sorry to hear about your motor. That sucks. How much spray were you runnin' when you burnt a hole?

I'm actually going to have Speed Inc. do the tune-up on my gold car when I get the FAST LSx 92mm intake and 92mm throttle body. I'm hoping for 400+rwhp with a CAM only LS1 w/o spray.

Thanks again for coming down and supporting my programs back in 2005. I hope that we can re-create some of that excitement this weekend and in the future.

Keep it real. Peace.
W

It had a 200 shot on it when she popped. I don't know 100% but I think that I had an injector issue on that cylinder because it melted the plug completely and put a huge whole in the piston. Some of the other cylinders showed signs of detonation and the rod bearings were beat up, but #1 was the only one that melted a plug the others looked fine.

The friday nights at Eddyville haven't been near as exciting as they were when you were running the show.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Launching!

We need to re-name the deal at ERP like the Street Car Shootout or Street Legal Shootout or something along those lines. I had a friend call me about the 10.5 race at ERP and I was like no, it's not what you're thinking, you don't need to bring a car that'll run 4.40s in the 1/8th.
Yeah we tossed around names for awhile. I just hate to go to the "street car shoot out" name because several of the cars that came out to support the last heads up race were probably less than street legal, which was anticipated from the start, but still put on one heck of a show. No, its not ORSCA true 10.5 where you need to be in the 4's, but it works well for the area and makes for some good action for us Damn Yankees.

If we can get this going full steam, we may create a seperate "True Street" heads up class with some pretty strict street equipment rules so that only the true street cars will be in it. Would anyone on here be interested?
Old 06-17-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Regular

Yea, I understand, but you don't have to feel bad about calling them street cars considering that NMCA and ORSCA both advertise having the world's fastest street cars and we all know that Tim Lynch's 10.5 Outlaw Mustang and Vinnie Budano's Pro Street Camaro aren't "street legal", but they race in a street-car organization.

I just know that I'd feel better about writing SCS or SLS on my window than 10.5 - cause I do have a street car, even though it's not entirely street legal, but I don't have a 10.5 car.

I think True Street would be a cool class, too. And I think there are quite a few cars that could fit into that category. It'd just be cool if there was a category for mildy modified, street driven, radial tire-equipped cars. I think a simple "no trailers", drag radials only, must have full exhaust, and a handful of thers street-type rules would make for a really, really fun deal.

Regardless, it doesn't matter to me. A little bit of street-team style promotion, guerilla marketing if you will, would do this deal a lot of justice. I think flyers (big or small) are some of the best marketing tools in use today.

W
Old 06-18-2008, 03:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default No Trailers

i really like that idea...everyone have to make a trip to osky and back or something like that...o yeah there's a yellow mustang thats supposed to be a bad *** street car...that comes down on a trailer must feel good to need a supercharger and nitrous to catch up to my junkyard camaro **** that was driven to the track every weekend

(i am talking about the same one as everyone else

Last edited by brandoz28; 06-18-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Teching In

The black supra was me I was there to tune my AEM EMS with my friend so we didn't even have the boost over half a bar. That and my plugs felt like it was time to foul so that's all that misfiring you heard half way down the track at WOT. Trying to get my hands on a set of drag radials but I might just go on my daily set to wear em out and force myself to get a new set. Funny how stuff gets around on the internet. But here's a pic, hope to see some of you guys friday night.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:30 AM
10 Second Club

Nice to see you on here. What times were you running that night you were there?? you were usually behind me in staging so i never did get a change to stage against you. Plus my buddy said you looked like you were tuning so i figured it would be a bad night to pick on you!

what type of numbers? can we get a list of stuff done to the car?
Old 06-19-2008, 01:48 AM
TECH Regular

Good looking car, man. Obviously, I'm a bit of a GM guy, but I've always had a real fondness for Supras. Honestly, if you car is a 6-speed and you ever take a notion to sell it - I'd probably be interested. It'd be a new challenge and just an overall new experience. I know the guys at TITAN Motorsports really well as we race against them in ADRL Extreme 10.5 and I've always been impressed with what a guy can do with those 2JZ inline 6-cylinders. It's unbelievable.

Hope to see you down there Friday. Maybe we can line 'em up.

Peace.
Wes
Old 06-19-2008, 09:15 AM
Teching In

The car is a built boost logic automatic. Being the broke *** college student that I am I couldn't afford to throw in the cash for a nice 6-speed which are becoming harder and harder to find. Titan Motorsports is one of the few groups that races 6-speed supras so gotta give em props, most people stick with the automagics as you can pull off much lower times. But I purchased a completely rust free car from Fresno with nice mods for what I paid. I have the tranny waiting to be swapped in my basement but think I'm going to full rebuild/paint the car once i'm out of school.

ENGINE
- Boost Logic Stage 1 Turbo Kit w/ 67mm turbo
- Anti-surge compressor housing
- HKS Racing BOV
- Boost Logic ABS Heat Shield/Turbo Blanket
- SPAL push and pull fans.
- Fluidyne Radiator
- Greddy 3-Row FMIC
-Sound Performance Intake/exhaust manifold

FUEL
- Dual In-Tank Walbro/Stock Fuel Pumps
- Powerhouse Racing Stage 1 Fuel System w/ 720cc injectors