Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

BUSTED! front plate and window tint....

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the $1000 2nd offense is for tint, because they classify it as a threat to officer safety (at least that's what Mr. State Trooper told me when he wrote me)
Old 08-16-2008, 05:41 PM
On The Tree

that sucks i hate when cops are dick heads it gives all the guys that are nice about things a bad rep.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by turbowhistle86
ANY aftermarket exhaust is illegal in IL. In GM HighTech a few months back the posted the Illinois motor vehicle code, and it states anything that changes the appearance or sound of the factory system is illegal. Which would technically make aftermarket tips illegal, but find me the officer that's gonna write that one.

It still bugs me that we can get slammed so badly with this, but every goddamn Harley owner can remove everything and run open pipes, nevermind the fact that they drive through town at 1 AM and make as much noise as humanly possible. Loud pipes won't save the life of the next Harley owner that goes flyin down my street at WOT after dark.

I sense just a little uneasiness here...lol...

The difference between the Harleys and the rice rockets is the rockets are loud...and GONE (quiet again)

A harley is like stabbing a pig and listening to it bleed out.... FOREVER...

The prob w/ the new hog crowd is the wolf's in the henhouse!
All the attorneys, cops and judges have 'em for their shitty slow weekend rides!!!

If you don't own a Harley... you don't own ****.

That's what I say!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:13 AM
TECH Resident

**** the PO-LICE!

I just go a ticket the other day from a damn ticket MAID out in front of my house.

Are you kidding me? a TICKET MAID, not even police and in a residential neighborhood.

So I bought the show-n-go retractable plate bracket and put my damn front plate on, and contested the damn thing.

I rather give $50 bucks to Summit for the plate than the damn City of Chicago, and Maylor GAYley.

and my brother told me the other day in the morning he saw a stupid ticket maid bitch giving my T/A 3 go-arounds looking for violations. Luckily I didn't get another tint ticket, but that pissed me off. She's got it out for me, that bitch.

/rant
Old 08-18-2008, 06:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by nickate
I sense just a little uneasiness here...lol...

The difference between the Harleys and the rice rockets is the rockets are loud...and GONE (quiet again)

A harley is like stabbing a pig and listening to it bleed out.... FOREVER...

The prob w/ the new hog crowd is the wolf's in the henhouse!
All the attorneys, cops and judges have 'em for their shitty slow weekend rides!!!

If you don't own a Harley... you don't own ****.

That's what I say!
I don't see why motor cycles can be obnoxiously loud and get away with it but i can't...

I have no front plate and illegal tint...for over a year now...good luck i guess.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:18 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,207 Likes on 773 Posts

I got the SLP bracket so when I do drive my car around, just to see how if it's running okay, I won't get a front ticket plate. Looks ugly but I'll leave it on for now:

Old 08-18-2008, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PSJ- Looks mean even with the ugly *** plate...I'm gonna put mine underneath on the air dam today...thats all they are going get outta me
Old 04-20-2009, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the $1000 2nd offense is for tint, because they classify it as a threat to officer safety (at least that's what Mr. State Trooper told me when he wrote me)
Wow! "Officer safety." That is laughable at best! Not sure about you, but I'm the only person who drives my muscle car. So when they pull you over and run your REAR plate they know exactly everything there is to know about the person driving that car. Whether you are a dangerous person or if you are simply a person who has a nice car that has tinted windows. And as for the front license plate law thats a joke as well. Are we really expected to believe that an officer is able to read the front plate of an offending car as it speeds past? Gimme a break. As previously stated, these laws were created to make the state money. Plain and simple. My question is, what can we do and who can we talk to about getting these laws changed? I would gladly start and circulate a petition if I knew how to go about it. I just don't see why you should have to risk being treated like a criminal just because you have a nice looking ride.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

came out in the morning to go to work. what do ya know, ticket for tinted windows. this was on my tahoe. chicago police drive around at night looking for violations. city stickers, tint, someone posted about no front plate. chicago is bad for this
Old 05-02-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^I'd flip out if i had to deal with that ****!! All the crackheads and scumbags out and about causing trouble...and they have to do that bullshit...looking for violations on parked cars..cmon
Old 05-02-2009, 07:27 PM
12 Second Club

I was warned that this would go on my ***duhn duhn duhn*** permanent record!
LOL, when i got pulled over for my front plate, the state cop told me he'd be "very disappointed" if he saw me without my front plate again.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

^Lol i bet that hurt your feelings! I would have said... uh ok dad
Old 05-03-2009, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So no tint on the driver or passenger windows in Illinois? That sucks big time. I guess I wouldn't last long with the 5% that I have all the way around. If I would have known that I would have driven around with the windows up when we passed through on power tour a couple of years ago, LOL, f'em.

Ohio has the stupid front license plate, I will just pay the tickets before I put that plate on, I dont care. I think our window tint law is 40%, I haven't been hassled yet but I usually drive with the windows down.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Teching In

Ive only got 1 tint ticket and they been tinted for about 3 years. State trooper whiped a **** through the median and i knew i was fucked. He gave me a warning for front plate. He said he really doesnt care about the front plate but some other troopers do. He asked me how fast ive got my car up to and I said 90 and he grins and gives me the look like whatever ur full of ****. Havent had any problems with city cops or sheriffs but when i see a state trooper windows go down fast
Old 05-05-2009, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IA2000SS
Ive only got 1 tint ticket and they been tinted for about 3 years. State trooper whiped a **** through the median and i knew i was fucked. He gave me a warning for front plate. He said he really doesnt care about the front plate but some other troopers do. He asked me how fast ive got my car up to and I said 90 and he grins and gives me the look like whatever ur full of ****. Havent had any problems with city cops or sheriffs but when i see a state trooper windows go down fast
I see you're from Iowa. You oughtta check out this thread...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/midwester...-petition.html
Old 05-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Staging Lane

IL state troopers are crazy on tint. I have to drive through two reginal state headquaters and the state headquaters in Springfield about once a month. I have trooper freinds that will flat out tell you the tint will get you in more touble than the plate. I know most of the time if you valunteer to take off the tent on the spot they will not ticket you. It is frusterating and rediculous, but it is the system and it is a bitch. I am not tinting mine becuase I don't want to get a bullshit supecion of DUI for having 3 beers and getting pulled over for my tinted windows. That is the main idea; they have a reason to pull you over if your windows are tinted, and you might have something to hide so they pull you over for the tint and try to tack on everything else. It is bull **** but I would rather avoid it than tint everything and say **** them on principal but have to pay fines. I would rather buy new parts than use the money to pay fines.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^True...i go by the book on my daily driver just for those reasons. The car doesnt come out when i'm drinking...that would be fun but NO! bad idea

Quick Reply: BUSTED! front plate and window tint....