Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Kentuckianna Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kentuckianna Lounge

Alright guys, after hijacking a certain introductions thread I thought it would be a good idea to set something up in here to meet some local Tech members.

So if you live within an hour or so of Louisville, KY then step on in!

What are some other local boards? I know of kyfbodies.org and louisvillemustangs. Surely there are enough LSX, Ford, and Dodge folks around E-town, Lex Vegas, Clarksville-IN, Jeff-IN, etc. to get into something just about every weekend.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i live in salem indiana about 45 minutes north of the ville...i go to Hobby Lobby in clarksville indiana from time to time...really dont do much racing in the ville anymore..most of it takes place on the indiana side of the bridge now...louisville is reserved for food,movies and entertainment
Old 08-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

I moved to Jeffersonville, IN a few months ago but I work in Louisville and I just don't know much about southern Indiana yet. I know on 10th street in Jeff one is very likely to spot some fast cars. My first week in town I was driving around just getting to know the area and I ran into a yellow LS1 Goat. I played around a little bit and followed him to a bank and it turns out he was getting a teller check for a down payment on the car! The guy's name is Lanham. The salesman was in the passenger seat and he told me that when they saw my Z28 he said, "now, that Camaro is a fast car, but this one is alot faster!" Turns out the Goat had a bunch of work in it. Heads, cam, intake, rearend, carbonfiber hood, etc. It was plenty mean, I forget what he said it put down to the ground but I believed him.

Anyway, after a few weeks of getting settled in I contacted Lanham again and asked how the Goat was doing and it turns out he totaled it and just gotten out of the hospital from injuries. Then he said he was working on building a 9 second edge body Cobra. That was quite awhile ago, I hope he's doing okay.

One more thing, I was sitting in Hardees on Court Ave just minding my business eating some biscuits and gravy and my buddy who was in town visiting (drives an '06 Mustang GT) tapped me on the shoulder all excited and pointed to the street. There I saw a brand new Audi R8 in the light blue with the silver "side blades." I was pumped because I hadn't seen one yet and I laughed because I thought it looked way out of place.

Here's a link to my Fquick page just so you guys know who I am if you see me...
http://www.fquick.com/garages/Chevro...Z28/2000/20831

Indiana License plate: "F BOMB"

See you all around!
Old 08-04-2008, 01:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sounds cool man....go to hobby lobby in clarksville on fri/sat night...tons of cars there...also if you wanna meet some people in the scene or just shoot the **** join out local forum...louisvillemustangs.net...dont let the site fool ya...lots of fbody and misc owners on there...they have get togethers every week for racing/eating/haning out/movie premiers..i mean you name it..ver active forum for a local forum...lot of them hang out at the lobby too

Last edited by thislswon; 08-04-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Staging Lane

That sounds good, that parking lot is perfect for something like that.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you get your typical douchebags there too...but overall its a good time with lots of fast cars....lots of nasty cars running around the area..turbo ls1 gto,magnacharged yellow c5,408 turbo black Trans Am, bolt on c6 z06, new bolt on LS3 vette some nasty terminators and foxs and some fast imports...
Old 08-04-2008, 02:11 PM
11 Second Club

I ride thru Hobby Lobby from time to time but usually don't stop unless I see a few friends.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Staging Lane

I'll have to swing by there and see what the hell is up! I wish I knew this last weekend, I had some buddies in town visiting and we had my Z28, a lightly modded '06 GT, '00 S2000, and a decently modded and gutted GTP. We all convoyed out to Papa Murhpy's out on Veterans, they were all itching to go WOT. The GTP was torque steering through turns, the GT was barking tires, and the S2000 got sideways a couple times. It was a miracle we made it there and back without getting booked... I don't drive like that myself though.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

there is some pretty quick s2k's aroun the are a silver S/C and a yellow turbo one...yea just cruise through the lobby on the weekends and youll usually see a ton of people from about 10pm on..
Old 08-04-2008, 07:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whats going on guys.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexington mostly site:
kyhorsepower.com

I'm in Ashland. Home of the fastest F-bodies in Kentucky!
Old 08-04-2008, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

a 5 second fbody resides in louisville???

Quick Reply: Kentuckianna Lounge