Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Purdue guys....

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009 | 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So what happened. Did you do the plugs/wires today and forget to plug something back in or did you do them a while back and you just now figureout out something wasn't plugged back in?
Old 02-14-2009 | 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

I was taking out the spark plugs on 3, 5, and 7. I wanted to see if 5 and 7 were arcing because I had the codes P0355 and P0357 (ignition coil), but a good mechanic had suspicion to believe that these were not the coil packs themselves, but maybe the spark-plugs since it was intermittent. Anyway, I had 3 off as a comparator plug against the other two. I got a little too ambitious and forgot to plug the spark plug wire back up to the #7 coil pack when I was all done, and then came the flashing lights on the dash instantly.

By the way, my day time running lights still work on both of my front corners. My turn signals are not working, however. Are there two pairs of lights in that housing? I was just curious before I tried taking off all the plastic under the car to get to the light housing.
Old 02-21-2009 | 10:11 AM
TECH Regular

Anybody with a Pewter Z28/SS on here? Got on it down Northwestern last night around 11 PM for the Paint Crew (Boiler Up! POTFH), and it sounded good!
Old 02-23-2009 | 09:07 AM
Teching In

if any one wants we are going to try to go to bunkerhill drag strip march 28 its test in tune cant wait
Old 02-23-2009 | 03:33 PM
Teching In

I'd be game to go run a couple passes. Is it an all day event or just in the evening?
Old 02-24-2009 | 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

123clemens, I am also interested in doing this.
Old 02-25-2009 | 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey guys, I am @ purdue as well. I don't have my LS1 out here right now because I have a winter beater but I am definitely down for cruising when the weather gets warmer.

I have had my blue LT1 formula out here before, its been parked in the Triangle Lot.

I plan on going home to Ohio and getting my car at Easter and bringing it back out, be sure to let me know what is going down because I love to cruise!
Old 02-26-2009 | 05:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BlackFormula01
Anybody with a Pewter Z28/SS on here? Got on it down Northwestern last night around 11 PM for the Paint Crew (Boiler Up! POTFH), and it sounded good!
THAT WAS ME!

I actually live in Crown Point, Indiana but I'm a huge purdue sports fan. I am always down there. Buddy of mine is actually going there right now.

Yeah I saw you guys out there and thought I would get on it a little bit. Thanks for the kind words man

Should sound a hell of a lot better in about a week. Pacesetter LT's high flow Y and LM2 catback are in the mail.

Keep in touch, next time I come down I would love to cruise with some of you guys.
Old 02-26-2009 | 08:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by redlineracing
THAT WAS ME!

I actually live in Crown Point, Indiana but I'm a huge purdue sports fan. I am always down there. Buddy of mine is actually going there right now.

Yeah I saw you guys out there and thought I would get on it a little bit. Thanks for the kind words man

Should sound a hell of a lot better in about a week. Pacesetter LT's high flow Y and LM2 catback are in the mail.

Keep in touch, next time I come down I would love to cruise with some of you guys.
Sweet, I was in the WS6 that was sitting right there and followed you out. I was studying for an exam on campus and heard you get on it. If you're around for the cruise we have in the spring, you are more than welcome to come. Bring your buddy, too. Hopefully we'll be setting a date soon!

Ed
Old 02-26-2009 | 09:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BlackFormula01
Sweet, I was in the WS6 that was sitting right there and followed you out. I was studying for an exam on campus and heard you get on it. If you're around for the cruise we have in the spring, you are more than welcome to come. Bring your buddy, too. Hopefully we'll be setting a date soon!

Ed
Oh, damn I didnt see you.

Definately post the date. I am in for sure
Old 02-28-2009 | 01:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Guys, I am just checking back in with everyone. The new wheels/tires, intake manifold, and throttle body are all on and doing well. Over on the Purdue Automotive Performance Association forum, they are gathering a bunch of guys to do a dyno day. I have allready recruited a few other F-body's to join in the fun and hopefully we can get a few more from over here. You don't have to be a member of PAPA or anything of that nature. Here are the two links below and a couple crappy pics of the new wheels/parts.

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~papa/foru...ad.php?t=10151

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~papa/foru...ad.php?t=10183
Old 03-03-2009 | 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i wish i would have my car out here in time for the dyno day, I would love to have mine dynoed but it won't be out until after easter which is april 12th....damn

maybe i should get my sentra dynoed, lol
Old 03-04-2009 | 12:43 PM
TECH Regular

Purdue People,

I want to get a cruise going here soon. I was thinking sometime April 18th or April 24th (GP Weekend). I just want to get a date out so we can plan this and maybe have a few more cars. Also, what is everyone wanting to do? I know my little tour was ok last time, but people expressed highway driving. Any ideas? I'm open to anything, just want to get out driving with some nice cars here soon. It was a good group of guys, and I'm excited to meet up with you all again and expand.

Let me know your thoughts if you can by this weekend or early next week, and I'll start up a new thread and get an official thing together.

Ed
Old 03-04-2009 | 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ed, I am up for the cruise. I think it is a good idea for us all to meet up here in town and maybe cruise to a big car show in the area/surounding counties or some sort of car event. I definetly think we need to get together and crusie to the Papa car show. I am also more interested in 2 lane highway or interstate driving as we can kind of all play around and punch it every now and then so long as everyone stays safe and no-one gets out of hand. As far as the dates, I don't really have a preference.
Old 03-04-2009 | 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

Cody,

Thanks for getting back. Does PAPA know what they are going to do as far as a car show with the track change up by the tennis courts?
Old 03-04-2009 | 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think they are still trying to figure that out. I am on the PAPA forum, I will keep an eye out for any news of it. I know they will have a call out car show soon that we all need to show up to for a while. I think its free and its a good chance to see other students cars too. It was at memorial mall last year.
Old 03-04-2009 | 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey guys, we need 7 more people to do this dyno day. Its a great chance to see what your car can do and you get 3 pulls for only $30 and you get to drive ur own car.
Come on, sign up and help us out.

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~papa/foru...ad.php?t=10151

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~papa/foru...ad.php?t=10183
Old 03-04-2009 | 11:08 PM
Teching In

never been around land and sea dyno, which model is it? i was looking at buying one a year ago. Might have to come check it out
Old 03-04-2009 | 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am game for a cruise on either of those dates, I should be getting my car the weekend of Easter (12th of April) and will be game for cruising any time after that.
Old 03-05-2009 | 07:21 AM
Teching In

Both dates in April should be fine with me.
Anybody gonna be out this evening? Thinking of knocking the dust of my car again. Might bring it through campus... See me, wave me down.

Quick Reply: Purdue guys....