10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"We are proud to claim the title of United States MARINE"

OORAHH!!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stocktonz28
Dude when i 1st came in over 3 years ago i was pushing for PFCs as a PV2 and locking up for them as well. I was the guy who they loved to **** with due to i was the only new guy they had for a while.... So i learned disapline real quick... When i came to a new unit after i PCSed from Ft.Lewis (5/20INF) to Ft.Hood (1/26 INF) I had a PFC who told me an E4 to go **** my self when i was chewing his *** for being late to work.

This is why im in the WTB i beat the living **** out of him nd blamed it on mental health lol..... Any other E4s and above do that?
dude it all depends on what unit ft. hood has some outta control soldiers for sure
Old 10-29-2008, 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

When i came to a new unit after i PCSed from Ft.Lewis (5/20INF) to Ft.Hood (1/26 INF) I had a PFC who told me an E4 to go **** my self when i was chewing his *** for being late to work.

This is why im in the WTB i beat the living **** out of him nd blamed it on mental health lol..... Any other E4s and above do that?
Thats kind of extreme for todays military but funny nonetheless.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:33 PM
TECH Resident

Dude when i 1st came in over 3 years ago i was pushing for PFCs as a PV2 and locking up for them as well. I was the guy who they loved to **** with due to i was the only new guy they had for a while.... So i learned disapline real quick... When i came to a new unit after i PCSed from Ft.Lewis (5/20INF) to Ft.Hood (1/26 INF) I had a PFC who told me an E4 to go **** my self when i was chewing his *** for being late to work.

How about e3 and below beating the living hell outta e4 and above? You sound very proud of the fact that your a dumbass.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Good job posting that on the internet. I'm sure your leadership would have fun with that little tidbit of information.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Im a E-5 in the navy and its kinda the same here. We have some e-1 thru e-4 that are the **** u I dont care what rank you are type. But the majority are respectful. Personally I have some really good friends in the marines and when they found out I was a e-5 (both of them bein e-3) imediatly started to call me Petty officer while we were out drinkin. I was like dude no its seth. Marines and Army are way more disciplinary than we are tho...
Old 10-29-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Jperran
when I first graduated tacp school I got saluted by a staff sergeant because of the shiny flash on my beret.

Probably thought I was a cop officer
"excuse me sir, do you know where the BX is"
Old 10-29-2008, 11:02 PM
11 Second Club

well if one of my junior marines told me to go **** myself id have a hard time not knocking his teeth out
Old 10-30-2008, 07:59 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nytmare1
Interesting post. It's good to hear that Marines of today are still paying respect at the proper time and place. Being a prior Marine Corps Drill Instructor, it makes me feel as though the time I spent at Parris Island was time well spent.

Thanks for posting this up. It made my day.

Marc
OO-RAH Gunny, Yes I know I definetly still give the proper respect to all that outrank me, even though being here in Japan it seems as if my NCO's are getting lax and they come out with me and my fellow Lcpl's drinking and whatnot. It seems that we may be crossing that work/liberty line... Ah well, I think they are just looking to have some fun.

So when did you serve on the Drill Field??
Old 10-30-2008, 08:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jperran
when I first graduated tacp school I got saluted by a staff sergeant because of the shiny flash on my beret.

Probably thought I was a cop officer
I see Navy enlisted guys getting saluted all the time. Ive seen people salute loadmasters becasue they wear a flight suit.

I did salute an army guy by accident one time. He was in my cousins unit and on there beret (spelling), they have a silver pin that looked exactly like the air forces colonel rank. Well he popped up next to me and scared the hell out of me and when i turned, all i saw was a shiny bird. I felt like a dummy.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:24 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by PotentialZ28
I see Navy enlisted guys getting saluted all the time. Ive seen people salute loadmasters becasue they wear a flight suit.

I did salute an army guy by accident one time. He was in my cousins unit and on there beret (spelling), they have a silver pin that looked exactly like the air forces colonel rank. Well he popped up next to me and scared the hell out of me and when i turned, all i saw was a shiny bird. I felt like a dummy.

It's often better to salute and endure a little embarrasment rather than not salute and endure an *** chewing if they are an Officer. I've done it.

Topfig
Old 10-30-2008, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brad8266
It is always a good idea for every servicemember to learn other services ranks. Its funny to see army members salute enlisted navy members, it happens.
I did that in tech school. I thought any shiney peice of metal was an officer at that time.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 89L98T56
OO-RAH Gunny, Yes I know I definetly still give the proper respect to all that outrank me, even though being here in Japan it seems as if my NCO's are getting lax and they come out with me and my fellow Lcpl's drinking and whatnot. It seems that we may be crossing that work/liberty line... Ah well, I think they are just looking to have some fun.

So when did you serve on the Drill Field??
Yeah... watchout for that fraternization thing. I can't think of any ocassion where I'd hang out with my Marines unless it was a unit function.

I was on the street from '88 - '91 (2nd Bn, G Co). I was also a WSSI at the pool.

Semper Fi,
Marc
Old 10-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigT2002
"excuse me sir, do you know where the BX is"
You don't know the pain, tomato head

I kid I kid

It's funny, every time I see a controller up here they can recognize it from a mile away, but every other person just assumes cop. Another good one is "whats that patch on your shoulder for?"

I went to LRS today to get a gas mask for NTC and she asked me which security forces squadron I was with
Old 10-30-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

Not to sidetrack this thread, but along the same lines as the title, isn't it interesting how if you walked by a bunch of Marines and yelled "Hey, Marine!" how they would all turn and look at you. Then in the same situation, only a group of Army, and you yelled "Hey, soldier!", they would also all look back at you. But then, if you walked by a bunch of Air Force guys and yelled "Hey Airman!", I doubt even one would turn around to look.

I am a die hard Air Force Airman to the point where I have been told that I bleed blue (whatever the hell thats supposed to mean), but I find it almost comical that the Army and the Marines are disciplined to the point that you could yell something like that and they would all look and treat you with respect. In the Air Force its not that way. I will admit that some days in the Air Force having it a little more relaxed around the ranks is nice, but it still pisses me off when proper respects are not rendered, or you get young Airmen calling officers by their first name.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:27 PM
TECH Addict

We as leaders regardless of service should expect our standards not others. What I mean is if a Soldier doesn't lock up and address you to your standard then you let him know the standard regardless of the situation. If you are lax then you are lax but expect to be treated that way as well.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Z06PSI
We as leaders regardless of service should expect our standards not others. What I mean is if a Soldier doesn't lock up and address you to your standard then you let him know the standard regardless of the situation. If you are lax then you are lax but expect to be treated that way as well.
So does that mean as an Air Force officer, if I'm approached by a chief master seargent and he doesn't salute me, I just go with the flow and say "Whats going on Chief?".

I mean this half jokingly. The Air Force is probably by far the worst branch for this stuff, and it does bother me. But as a new officer that has been previously enlisted, I know there is a big difference between a young Airman (or soldier) who just doesn't know any better because he has constantly been around lousy superiors that never consistantly corrected them who may just be having a bad day and lost his or her situational awareness compared to the same ranking individual who knows whats going on and what they should do, but just is lazy or chooses not to. In either event, they should be corrected, but reaming in both situations IMO is not justified.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Z06PSI
Agreed 100%, the problem now is that some higher leadership such as field grade and above will come down on you as an NCO or company grade officer for enforcing discipline standards and you may find yourself in the hot seat for performing corrective action or you **** a soldier off and they file a BS EO or some other complaint on you and bam right off the bat you are moved out of your unit no questions asked. A simple accusation can **** your career up now.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

When I left active duty (Army) and was called up to deploy again with a reserve unit in another state I didnt know what to expect from the reserves. Man were they relaxed, even other SSG's were telling me its ok and to relax a little. They said I was to AD(active duty) I was like WTF is to AD it was complete bs. It was like I was having a heart attack 24/7 watching first names being used and lack of saluting/parade rest.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Blacked Out
When I left active duty (Army) and was called up to deploy again with a reserve unit in another state I didnt know what to expect from the reserves. Man were they relaxed, even other SSG's were telling me its ok and to relax a little. They said I was to AD(active duty) I was like WTF is to AD it was complete bs. It was like I was having a heart attack 24/7 watching first names being used and lack of saluting/parade rest.
It really depends on your perspective. I am now a Reservist, and it already bothers me how some of the guys call each other by their first name, and this is O-5's and E's! I'm sure I'll just get used to it, but I like the discipline and structure of how its "supposed" to be.

Quick Reply: Difference between Marines and Army