Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

graduated af bmt

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by patchz28
Did you atleast have any fun there? There were parts of mine that was fun. Rifle range, obstacle courses, and watching other people get yelled at is always funny.
See, I think I would have rather gone through a marine style basic than the AF ****. Imagine your basic training without any of what you just said, and thats pretty much AF basic.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jperran
See, I think I would have rather gone through a marine style basic than the AF ****. Imagine your basic training without any of what you just said, and thats pretty much AF basic.
how many years ago did you go through basic 6 or 7?
Old 11-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Banned

I went through ~year and a half ago
Old 12-01-2008, 05:55 AM
12 Second Club

It's kind of crazy to hear people say certain things about BMT here. A couple things we should clear up right now.
We just changed to 8.5 weeks vs. 6.5 weeks right at 1 month ago.
All emphasis on Dorm is now gone and it's all on Warrior stuff. IBD concepts, SABC, M-16, and the BEAST.
Speaking of the BEAST (Basic Expeditionary Airman Skills Training) we had people from the Marine Corps here not to long ago taking notes from it and is wanting to change the Cruicable to better match it.
And as far as different branches changing things to match us, Army and Marine Corps is changing their PT training to mirror ours, because we actually get better results now in the old 6.5 week and this new 8.5 week course then their longer basic trainings.

Times have changed in the AF now. I'm not gonna lie 12 years ago I did join the "Chair Force" a bunch of fat, lazy, out of shape NCO's, and SNCO's running around. But, things are changing. Did you know it's now USAF running all Convoys in the desert now with Army working for them? I had a kid in one of my first flights and he emails me of him (E-4) in charge of some Army E-5 and E-6s on his Convoys that he sets up and runs.
It's kinda crazy that way.
Tate
Old 12-01-2008, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

First off congrats on graduating, i remember just relaxing and watching a movie is the thing i missed most, or just sitting outside, missed driving too.

2nd Jperran:
What are you talking about? The AF has the obstacle course and rifle training.

Basic training is cake physically for any branch I think. Gotta make it so the weakest guys can still pass, so i guarantee they are all weak by some of our standards, including my own.

Physically, i found it laughable, although some couldn't make it.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

grats on graduating man. things are gonna get a lil bit easier/lighter on you now that you're goin into tech school in wichita falls, tx. i'm ammo - not by choice. been in just over 6 years. if you have any questions, hit me up. your tech school instructor (for the first few blocks) will more than likely be a TSgt Blake, who i used to work for here at Langley. like i said man, send me a message if you have any questions about anything. there's one other guy who posted in this thread earlier that said he's ammo, so im sure you could hit him up too.

also - i just came back from wichita falls due to 7-level school, and i must say WOW...things have changed. what the **** happened to the discipline of marching around while on-base in uniform, not talking on your cell while outside in uniform, etc.? also, the mini-mall has changed. there used to never be a computer center like there is now. there were a few computers that were free for internet use, but now apparently you have to pay for them. however, there's a lot more to use. also, you can bring your own laptop and use the net for free - a luxury we never had 6 years ago. we also had random blue ropes stroll through for a lovely phase-check. lots of people got their ***** busted for that one..
Old 12-01-2008, 07:27 PM
TECH Regular

we did it for a day

Did it almost 5 years ago to the date 16 December
Old 12-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Compg
It's kind of crazy to hear people say certain things about BMT here. A couple things we should clear up right now.
We just changed to 8.5 weeks vs. 6.5 weeks right at 1 month ago.
All emphasis on Dorm is now gone and it's all on Warrior stuff. IBD concepts, SABC, M-16, and the BEAST.
Speaking of the BEAST (Basic Expeditionary Airman Skills Training) we had people from the Marine Corps here not to long ago taking notes from it and is wanting to change the Cruicable to better match it.
And as far as different branches changing things to match us, Army and Marine Corps is changing their PT training to mirror ours, because we actually get better results now in the old 6.5 week and this new 8.5 week course then their longer basic trainings.

Times have changed in the AF now. I'm not gonna lie 12 years ago I did join the "Chair Force" a bunch of fat, lazy, out of shape NCO's, and SNCO's running around. But, things are changing. Did you know it's now USAF running all Convoys in the desert now with Army working for them? I had a kid in one of my first flights and he emails me of him (E-4) in charge of some Army E-5 and E-6s on his Convoys that he sets up and runs.
It's kinda crazy that way.
Tate

Marine Corps p.t. is not changing to mirror like any branch! The only change is that we have added more events to our PFT. Not all units have incorparated the add yet.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

OP my old supervisor and good friend(him and his wife) are now instructors at sheppard, Their last name is Curry and if you get him or her(which i dont think you will cause they are still in instructor training) He gets agitated quick lol but he is cool and dont **** her off i have seen her mad at others haha.

Ruckus I went into BMT Feb. 6th so your a little ahead of me lol still looking to put a face to a name though.

OP If Sgt. Bell(cant remember if he is a Tech or Staff) is still there when you walk by him do the Quagmire thing when he says giggty giggty(only when your able to though) and he will reply with oh right haha its pretty funny.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Compg
I have to lol at this. The Army has not changed thier PT programs, we still run the 3 event test and train the same old way. Basic traning in all the branches is a joke anyway, PT at my duty stations was always harder than the BS we did in basic. PT wasnt even stressed upon in basic, we did it to pass but most time was devoted to other things much of the time in army basic is spent on the rifle range.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
2nd Jperran:
What are you talking about? The AF has the obstacle course and rifle training.
They have a lame obstacle course that half the events are closed in because god forbid some one get hurt, and one morning and 100 rounds is not rifle training.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got to do the whole thing when I went through 4 years ago... It was actually kinda fun, seeing the bigger guys not make the rope swing all the way across the water. Shimmy'ing down the rope above the water, dummy behind me starts shaking the **** outta the rope and about dunks my ***...
Old 12-02-2008, 04:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by patchz28
How inhuman is AF "bmt"?
Actually, if you did your homework you'd know that the AF just recently changed the way they do their basic training. They now incorporate 6 weeks of field training which is more than all the other branches. And to answer the OP question, you'll probably like your job, but being associated with any job on the flightline sucks. I work AGE (Aerospace Ground Equipment) and the job isn't bad but being part of maintenance, you get treated like garbage. But anyway, congrats and good luck.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

They have a lame obstacle course that half the events are closed in because god forbid some one get hurt, and one morning and 100 rounds is not rifle training.
I went through the whole thing..dunno what you mean. I guess I only needed 100 rounds to get marskmanship. I dunno how many rounds you need.

I guess basic training is what makes a military right? Not the individual.

Some of the military are so ******* dumb on this board, it's laughable how you guys argue about the never ending subject of who is better blah blah blah.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
I went through the whole thing..dunno what you mean. I guess I only needed 100 rounds to get marskmanship. I dunno how many rounds you need.
I only need one Bullet to get my Target..but that's not the point.

His point is that we spend one day shooting a Weapon that may save your *** if given the situation. That was the old way though, now they actually carry the things around, but it's got blue grips, so basically it's a ***** that can go bang.

Every time I go to qualify, which is a pathetic every 15 month appointment, others every 2 years, I see people still afraid to shoot that Rifle, and barely know how to use the damn thing, and some have been in twice as long as me easily. The most common one is the Girls afraid the Charging Handle is going to pop out and hit them in the Nose..

I get disgusted at that fact, that is ******* horrible.
Bunch of office warriors pretty much, I bet they could defend themselves with a Key Board better than an M16.

Me, I bought my own personal AR-15 so I can atleast have some fun and take it to the Range whenever I want to shoot, also it keeps me proficient in the knowledge of that Weapon. And I can shoot a full Mag, instead of 4, 3, 3..

That and it's good at ****** up some Coyotes out in the field..

Last edited by the_merv; 12-02-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RedneckTA
Actually, if you did your homework you'd know that the AF just recently changed the way they do their basic training. They now incorporate 6 weeks of field training which is more than all the other branches. And to answer the OP question, you'll probably like your job, but being associated with any job on the flightline sucks. I work AGE (Aerospace Ground Equipment) and the job isn't bad but being part of maintenance, you get treated like garbage. But anyway, congrats and good luck.
I didnt know I needed totake A.F. 101! And it was just a joke man, chillax. But according to you, 6 out of 8 1/2 weeks are field training????
Old 12-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Merv.

Alot of pencil pushers or desk jockeys look like clowns shooting w/ M16s at the range. One of the reasons I'm glad I'm CE because I get to shoot more than the other squadrons. I wish I could shoot more though just for **** and giggles.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bene
I agree with Merv.

Alot of pencil pushers or desk jockeys look like clowns shooting w/ M16s at the range. One of the reasons I'm glad I'm CE because I get to shoot more than the other squadrons. I wish I could shoot more though just for **** and giggles.
We need to go to the Range one day and play with some of my Pop Guns that you have seen in my Collection..

I'm buying another one when I get back..

Old 12-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What is that? That's badass.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

It's a GSG 5, made by German Sport Guns, replicated after the MP5, functions and breaks down like the MP5, it's just a .22 Cal version of it, so it'll be really cheap to shoot.

Semi Auto, 22+1 rnd. capacity, 16" Barrel, the fake Supressor helps add the extra Barrel Length to make it legal without it looking akward.

I saw one right before I left, thought it was really cool, $500 price tag, not too bad for just a plinker..

Quick Reply: graduated af bmt