im pcsing to mildenhall afb from elmendorf afb

i work in vehicle maints

anyone know whats up with this place

or have pictures or what not?

thanks
Old 12-11-2008, 09:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Feel sorry for you man! Im outta this piece soon. I can hook you up with some info when I get back on the 22nd Dec.

Sun doesnt shine that much in winter
Rain Rain Rain
Women well majority of the women here look like white trash muffin top bimbos The good looking ones go for the brothas. Im married but I used to come TDY here in the past a lot so im familiar w/ this place.
RAF Mildenhall and Lakenheath are in the sticks. You gotta travel to actually have a good time where they dont hate Americans.
Pig farms
Service for anything around here is subpar
You pay way too much for what you get
American chain restraunts taste nothing like the states. But your mind actually fools you some times.
If you got any questions or whatever let me know. Dont get me wrong though it can be ok probably not as good as being in mainland europe but germany is like 8-10 hours away and you can use a liberty pass on a 3 day weekend and not get charged leave.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Launching!

i got a friend thats there in maint. doesnt sound like a bad place, im down in aviano... and from what hawaiiboysz says its basically all the same....
Old 12-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joakwin
im pcsing to mildenhall afb from elmendorf afb

i work in vehicle maints

anyone know whats up with this place

or have pictures or what not?

thanks
When is your RNLTD? I'll be there next year, PCS to Lakenheath.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Launching!

Im here, been here about 4 years now and i am ready to leave this sunless rock.

My car can only stay clean for about a half day in the winter, its cold all the time, rains all the time, the MOT inspections are not "enthusiasts" friendly ( I have a hook up for that though Road and TV Tax is gay, exchange rate is better now, but im sure itll go back up to a terrible rate and make EVERYTHING ridiculous expensive... list goes on...

There are good things about this place, Lt1/LS1 with cutouts get alot of GOOD attention, summer cruises with the T-Tops down are the BEST, London is very cool, Travel is awesome, travel outside of the "American Circle" and you can meet some really cool british people that really do enjoy us, the drinking and partying is awesome here, again the attention our cars get, get a chance to run some of japans best on the street (Sr20 200sx's. RB26DETT GTR's, all gen EVO's and STi's, Integra Type R's, FD's, Twin Turbo Supras) and pretty much in stock form, so its easy for an *** raping lol. you just have to make for the best of it because some things here will just out right **** you off...

My advice is: 1: Bring your Car (the attention is worth it alone) 2: Move outside of the "American Circle" to really enjoy the true brits, the near locals are NOT kind and i try my hardest to avoid them. be willing to drive at least 30 minutes to work... plus you can get WAY MORE house for your money. As an A1C far from base, i had the same size house as most MSgt's near base with a 2 car garage...

All in all, ive had a blast here, im just ready to move on to Texas and enjoy the sun!

-justin
Old 12-15-2008, 01:54 AM
Teching In

Lakenheath/Mildenhall is what you make of it. I was there for 8 years and I loved it. The car aspect is a different story. I brought and sold a nice F-Body while I was there but only because it was never driven. American Muscle definatley gets noticed but don't be surprised when you get blasted on the motorway buy a little 4 banger..haha..
Anyway alot of people complain about being there, just get out and travel, make the most of it. I wish I could go back!!
Good Luck.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Nice!

Europe is the trip of a lifetime! I started to get pissed at Ramstein at the time, but I miss it a LOT now and I had a lot of really good times there! Abuse ReinAir!! (SP?) Dirt Cheap tickets all over Europe! Get to Edelweiss Lodge and Resort ( http://www.edelweisslodgeandresort.com ) in southern Germany if you can!!!!! OMG Jaw dropping scenery!!! We had a room Facing the Zeugspitz! (SP?) Went snowboarding at the alps when we got back from deployment in 2004.. But I'm sure You'll see the commercials on AFN.. -Gotta love it... Gets very annoying after a while tho!

Last edited by bayer-z28; 12-15-2008 at 02:03 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:05 AM
Launching!

be prepared to hate the base but love the country. thats how it is with me in japan the base sucks but the stuff you have an opportunity to do is well worth it. btw my biggest regret is not bringing my car it will be worth the hassle to bring yours with you. have fun.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:15 AM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ORedRoc4
Im here, been here about 4 years now and i am ready to leave this sunless rock.

My car can only stay clean for about a half day in the winter, its cold all the time, rains all the time, the MOT inspections are not "enthusiasts" friendly ( I have a hook up for that though

All in all, ive had a blast here, im just ready to move on to Texas and enjoy the sun!

-justin
Can you hook me up w/ the MOT inspections? I'm ready for the change too. I'm tired of being in Arkansas.

I want to live off base also, get that extra cheese.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:37 PM
12 Second Club

Extra cheese ****........ I dont think there is much money in UK elsewhere yes but not UK. Mil to Mil in UK was crap especially with the pound rate dropping. Thats ok Me and the wif are going to make 2K+ a month just on BAH since her rent is only 1200. yayyah!
Old 12-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bene
Can you hook me up w/ the MOT inspections? I'm ready for the change too. I'm tired of being in Arkansas.

I want to live off base also, get that extra cheese.
Yes i can get you in contact with the guy, he owns a MINT procharged 3rd gen GTA and lives like about an hour from base. You wont have to put any of those stick on lights and **** either... Looks TERRIBLE!

-justin
Old 12-23-2008, 09:07 AM
On The Tree

Enjoy the easy traveling all over Europe, enjoy the drinking and everyone is a lot closer overseas. Bring your F body or whatever you got, don't make that mistake. yeah the inspections suck but you can manage prob. good luck traveling in Europe > over saving some extra money. get out as much as you can. www.Ryanair.com
Old 01-09-2009, 02:38 AM
Teching In

im moving into a place in red lodge

and i shipped over my wifes van,
i didn't want to bring over my truck
f/s gmc bagged on 24's

so now im getting the stuff to do the lights on that myself

places in town want 300 pounds to do it for me,
screw that, change a few lights and add a few,
i'll do it myself
Old 01-11-2009, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, you can do most of the work yourself but they will still try to charge you just for the MOT inspection sticker alone. They know how important our vehicles are to us, and they don't cut any slack. They'll find something wrong with your vehicle, that they will consider a Hazard and charge you to change it.

Quick Reply: pcs to mildenhall