Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

I need tactical vest advice...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

our local ROTC's just got molle gear, I dunno why youre still using vietnam stuff other than the rubber duckies. Might think about transferring that scholarship to another university
Old 01-07-2009, 01:13 AM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by 1gen
our local ROTC's just got molle gear, I dunno why youre still using vietnam stuff other than the rubber duckies. Might think about transferring that scholarship to another university
the AROTC at Illinois was still using ALICE/LBE's when I left a year ago.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:39 AM
On The Tree

The school I transferred to had switched to decent stuff and we always used real M-16's for the FTX's. This school uses rubber duckies and the old stuff. Even though to school/program is much better.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:42 AM
TECH Junkie

well yeah you can use real m16's for FTX's but you cant really run around your local park doing STX lanes with real m16s
Old 01-07-2009, 12:39 PM
On The Tree

well yeah you can use real m16's for FTX's but you cant really run around your local park doing STX lanes with real m16s
My new school uses them on FTX's too. Neat huh
Old 01-07-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Junkie

that sucks ***, but look at the bright side tac vests look the coolest with rubber guns
Old 01-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Teching In

After you have you have to get out of uparmours or run up and down stairs you learn that less is definetly more and how your gear fits is much more important than how it looks.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Restricted User

that sucks ***, but look at the bright side tac vests look the coolest with rubber guns
and everyone knows, if you don't look cool its probably not a good rig.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by socmguy
and everyone knows, if you don't look cool its probably not a good rig.
if it doesnt have "De Opresso Liber" on it I wont buy it
Old 01-08-2009, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

I love how everyone here is acting like I'm some hooah cadidiot that has never had to use this crap before. I've been in 3 years I've used it, done it.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Teching In

I belive you. I was just giving you my opinion.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:28 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm just giving you I hard time, I could care less. Thats why I also posted a link a while back
Old 01-08-2009, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

To be honest, money is tight. I think an ACH is far more important and so are my other bills. I will buy my ACH and call it good, I'm not in the sticks enough to buy one RIGHT NOW but probably will once I get some spare change. I'd rather drink my money and fack betches than carry beef jerky more efficiently. We have one FTX a damn semester. This **** has taken the back burner but only because I have already allocated my $2,000 to other ****.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Sp00led Ya
I love how everyone here is acting like I'm some hooah cadidiot that has never had to use this crap before. I've been in 3 years I've used it, done it.
If your sig is correct, you haven't done **** junior. What the hell would you need an ACH vs. Ballistic helmet? That is just retarded. You didn't answer my question from pg 1. What is your MOS and how many deployments have you been on? Duty stations?
Old 01-10-2009, 12:59 AM
On The Tree

If your sig is correct, you haven't done **** junior. What the hell would you need an ACH vs. Ballistic helmet? That is just retarded. You didn't answer my question from pg 1. What is your MOS and how many deployments have you been on? Duty stations?
My sig shows a rank, some ribbons and a qualification badge. It doesn't show the E-5 slot I turned down from fast track (2.5 years) for scholarship, or my multiple MOS's, or the tours I volunteered for and got fucked out of or the knowledge that I have. So please do not spit this what do you need this or that for bullshit to me as if I'm some kid fresh out of basic. I can assure you that deployments are not an indicator of how successful or unsuccessful someone is or isn't or may ever become. You want deployments? I can give you a list of ******* dirt bags that deployed and did NOTHING, or did stupid ****, got kicked out... so what. I haven't been, whoop-dee ****** do... that doesn't mean I wasn't ready or willing and if you knew how the Army worked you would know that you can't just up and deploy because you feel like it. I have learned many things from peers, men with gobs of experience and all the deployments and ribbons you could ever ask for. Judging my character based on the amount of ribbons I have or have not received means ****. You want bronze stars? I can give you a handful of bronze start recipients that received them simply because they showed up, had some rank and kissed some nut... what of it.

Are you saying that I am not HARDCORE enough to use an ACH? Oh you haven't been deployed yet so that means you know nothing about wearing a certain type of gear and what sucks and what doesn't bla bla bla. What the **** ever.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Restricted User

You are a ******' douche *** tool. What is the point of spending hundreds of dollars on a MICH for? How would it improve anything you do in ROTC? You just want it to be a little different from everyone else so the rest of those faget *** cadets will think you're cool. YOU ARE NOT FOOLING ANYONE HERE. You must have been a construction equipment operator or surveyer, etc. I seriously doubt you were a 12B/21B. You're too much of a goddamn tool. You'll make an excellent officer!
Old 01-10-2009, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

You are a ******' douche *** tool. What is the point of spending hundreds of dollars on a MICH for? How would it improve anything you do in ROTC? You just want it to be a little different from everyone else so the rest of those faget *** cadets will think you're cool. YOU ARE NOT FOOLING ANYONE HERE. You must have been a construction equipment operator or surveyer, etc. I seriously doubt you were a 12B/21B. You're too much of a goddamn tool. You'll make an excellent officer!
Considering they can be had for $130-175 bucks in completely serviceable condition and are ten times more comfortable than the old school kevlars I think it's a good trade off. So there goes your hundreds of dollars.

-You are ignorant as **** to think that I give a damn about what other Cadets think of my gear. And next time you go calling someone a "FAGET" make sure you spell it right numb skull, it's ******.

-I'm not fooling anyone here? Tell me, why would I be trying to fool anyone here?

You're right, I couldn't possibly be a combat engineer because I bought an ACH for beans because I didn't feel like using old gear when I didn't have to. How did you guess? You sound like an ignorant hillbilly that jumps to conclusions based on poor evidence and ultimately sounding like an *** hat to be passing such judgment on someone you've never even met. However what I say doesn't matter, the dumber... the harder to crack.

Didn't you read that book? It's called

"How to be a shitty officer" by Socmguy

The blurb on the back says:

"faget"

"******' douche *** tool"

"goddamn tool"

Which translates into: If you want to be a shitty officer, buy your own gear... because buying your own gear is a reflection of your skills and experience.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Restricted User

Whatever makes you feel better ROTC boy. Make sure you get some pace count beads and a huge rambo knife so the other douches will think you're cool while you're telling your basic training drill sergeant war stories.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:45 PM
NKAWTG...N

This is getting good.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Spooled Ya you are right that deploying definetly dosent mean you have done anything or that you know what you are talking about. Tons of retards have deployed. But if you havent deployed it also means that you dont have much real world experience either. Sorry but alot of us dont think much of guys who buy all the cool guy gear when they dont have a real need for it.

Quick Reply: I need tactical vest advice...