Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Moving w/2 cars...TMO vs DITY moves

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009 | 12:36 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by lt1 hawk
no one answered my question on what the order is for moving cars... I know we say that we can move two cars, but I am pretty sure that TMO told one of my buddies that they would not move ANY cars and that he would have to pay out of pocket. I just want to know where to look up the order on moving vehicles so I can quote it when they tell me I cannot do it.
If you are single you are SOL on the 2nd car. If you are married they expect your wife to drive the other car, but you will get mileage for both.

Most people I have seen doing a full DITY get a moving truck and a tow bar to tow one car, and have the significant other drive the other car.
Old 07-01-2009 | 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Talking

Originally Posted by StoleIt
If you are single you are SOL on the 2nd car. If you are married they expect your wife to drive the other car, but you will get mileage for both.

Most people I have seen doing a full DITY get a moving truck and a tow bar to tow one car, and have the significant other drive the other car.
Thats what I'm doing... The Trans Am is getting towed while the wife is driving the Cobalt. I didn't know you get paid milage moving your car... hmmm looks like I may come out better than I thought. I'm doing a full dity myself.. I'm going to be fighting to get 9,000lbs... but if i do its going to be around $5,200 in my pocket plus the $1,887 (for E5 w/dependent) dislocation allowance everyone is given.

I'm moving from Moody in S. Georiga to Lackland btw. I'm looking forward to my new job and my new house.
Old 07-06-2009 | 05:03 PM
11 Second Club

From: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work

Some good info in here and will be put to good use when my DOS comes up in April

Quick Reply: Moving w/2 cars...TMO vs DITY moves