Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Usafsf

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 04:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
OP, no doubt security forces isnt a job most people would like to do. some people hate it, but some people actually like doing the job. its all in what you make of it.

also some advice i can give you, is that dont get to your first base, and start running your mouth this **** sucks..security forces sucks.. its those type of troops that get there asses handed to them everyday.
I completely agree with you, it is what you make of it and it takes a different person to do this in the first place.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Launching!

you will soon find out why nobody likes SF. have fun with post reports, i will laugh if your first assignment is minot or grand forks you will love gaurding that gate or ecp when its 40 below, or when the rest of the base is closed and your still working 14 hour shifts.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LuckySpencer007
I will actually. The CCAF will approve my 28 transfer credit hours from my college in Denver, and I will get an associates in Criminal Justice STR8 out.
Let me guess your recruiter told you that. You wont get but 15 or so from tech school. 28+15=53....not an associates. But hey good luck to you. You might have an associates once you get to your first base and do your CDC's and complete your core task. But not once you graduate basic/tech school.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Teching In

I missed this post somehow and ***Sorry for my multiple posts**** but o well haha.

It honestly sounds to me like you are the one with the chip on your shoulder there pal, and im sure everyone else who has read this thread will agree.

SF are also currently training the afganistan 'army'. our job is to be a cop. we are not infantry, but in the AF sense we are. My guess is you got pulled over by one on a base or some crap and are a little hostile, whatever its all good bro and you are not entitled to say anything about Security Forces, i'm sorry your opinion is far from the truth, but hey thats life.
Nobody here has a chip on there shoulder, pal. You need to realize we are in the AF. YOU are not. I was trying to give you the truth of what Security Forces does and what to expect your first duty station.Trying to look out for you, as was everyone else here. You have no idea what the AF is like. Or what security forces does. Stop with the WE and OUR ****. You are nothing yet. How are you entitled to say anything about Security Forces when JPerran is not. My advice to you is keep your mouth shut and your ears open. You need all the advice you can get right now.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jperran
Yea, sf guys are getting tagged to do convoy security in Iraq, oh man that sure is the pinacle of badassery right there, so are random pogs. Most SF guys gaurd flightline ECP's. The civilians took a lot of the front gate jobs, but not the internal gates or patroling the fence line, thats still all security forces. These guys run around really thinking they have a comparable job to Marine and Army infantry, with a bigger chip on their shoulder than you can imagine.

thats why security forces has taken over for army doin convoys, and convoy securty.. i guess that is a pinnacle of badassery.

my buddy on last deployment was doin IED sweeps on the MSR/ASR so convoys can come through.. isnt that supposed to be EOD job? no that was security forces out there doin that ****.

thats why security forces cant go on 3-4 month AEF rotations like the rest of the air force. every place in the AOR needs security forces not TACP, or pararescue..LOL.. security forces is basically doing jobs thats not even what we would normally do, so in some ways we are bad ***.

Last edited by TXZ28LS1; 05-29-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:28 PM
Teching In

OP, no doubt security forces isnt a job most people would like to do. some people hate it, but some people actually like doing the job. its all in what you make of it.

also some advice i can give you, is that dont get to your first base, and start running your mouth this **** sucks..security forces sucks.. its those type of troops that get there asses handed to them everyday.
Originally Posted by slowmc
Let me guess your recruiter told you that. You wont get but 15 or so from tech school. 28+15=53....not an associates. But hey good luck to you. You might have an associates once you get to your first base and do your CDC's and complete your core task. But not once you graduate basic/tech school.
ummmm... ya thanks for the math lesson but you just proved my point there cuz an assosciates is a 2 years degree... therefore 40 credit hours, and yes i checked they will all transfer.

i dont have time to read your other post... i have more important things to do... like get drunk!! I'm 19 today! WOOOT! so yaya whatvever security forces sucks and i'll hate it and everyone has a chip on thier shoulder.. WHATEVER See ya around
Old 05-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jester177
you will soon find out why nobody likes SF. have fun with post reports, i will laugh if your first assignment is minot or grand forks you will love gaurding that gate or ecp when its 40 below, or when the rest of the base is closed and your still working 14 hour shifts.
Somebody's got to do it. I AM the trash man of the air force apparently. Its got to be done but no one else straps thier **** up to work a 14 hour day.

And whoever the guys that is bichin that i'm not an airmman yet and therefore he's better then me,... dude get the **** over it seriously i'll be an e2 in 5 months, its not that hdumdumdum, i have believe it or not been through some tough **** and im sure boot camp will be hdumdumdum; I PRAY IT IS but dont hold that **** over me and think you are amazing

EDIT my post says 'hdumdumdum' when i go to edit it... but it like magically changes to 'hdumdumdum' WTF crazy! this is seriously weird.

Last edited by LuckySpencer007; 05-30-2009 at 03:59 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Banned

thats why security forces has taken over for army doin convoys, and convoy securty.. i guess that is a pinnacle of badassery.
You know I keep hearing people claim this, but I have yet to see a single SF troop out in any of the convoys I've been on, in fact, I haven't seen any other AF personel since I left BAF for the real fight. I saw you guys gaurding the flightline though, quite valiently I may add.

my buddy on last deployment was doin IED sweeps on the MSR/ASR so convoys can come through.. isnt that supposed to be EOD job? no that was security forces out there doin that ****.
He was part of an RCP package, hooray, I've seen females in RCP packages before. He was probably manning a gun or riding in the back of a truck, he was not doing EOD's job. Just like this claim that SF are training the Afghan Army, is again blown out of proportion and not true at all. SF gets tagged to augment ETT's from time to time when the Army cannot fill a team, and they really arent training ****. I know you picture door kicking and fast roping and all this other bullshit, but it's more like babysitting and jumping jacks. The other option is to be part of a LEP team in which they train afghan police officers criminal justice type ****. The guys getting taagged for this are also expirienced guys with 5-10 years and some stripes or bars. The guys doing these kinds of assignments make up like 1% of the SF careerfield. 99% of you gaurd ECP's, and thats as high speed as it gets.

thats why security forces cant go on 3-4 month AEF rotations like the rest of the air force.
TACP's deploy for 6 months, then get 6 months at home station before deploying again, and while at home station we're going TDY every month and going to month long NTC rotations. I must have missed you at NTC...oh wait you were probably gaurding a C17 or something "bad ***" like that.

every place in the AOR needs security forces not TACP
Are you out of your mind? I was being somewhat civil until I saw this, now you have just shown that you are an insecure moron. JTAC's are the most highly demanded personel in either country, theres a reason the AF shells out $90,000 everytime one of us re-enlists.

, or pararescue..LOL.. security forces is basically doing jobs thats not even what we would normally do, so in some ways we are bad ***.

Nobody brought up PJ's, but sitting on their *** PJ's are 1,000 times more cool guy than an SF troop will ever be.

LuckySpencer I suggest you stop the we and us crap, you are not in the AF, you are not an SF troop, and until then don't claim to be. That's a matter of profesionalism and respect. Judging by how you've posted so far, you will fit right in with the SF crowd. I'm sure the same could be said about me and TACP, but us > them

Last edited by J2Pharren1; 05-30-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Teching In

Somebody's got to do it. I AM the trash man of the air force apparently. Its got to be done but no one else straps thier **** up to work a 14 hour day.

And whoever the guys that is bichin that i'm not an airmman yet and therefore he's better then me,... dude get the **** over it seriously i'll be an e2 in 5 months, its not that hdumdumdum, i have believe it or not been through some tough **** and im sure boot camp will be hdumdumdum; I PRAY IT IS but dont hold that **** over me and think you are amazing

EDIT my post says 'hdumdumdum' when i go to edit it... but it like magically changes to 'hdumdumdum' WTF crazy! this is seriously weird.
Oh WOW an E-2?!?! I must say thats pretty impressive.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Launching!

i bet he gets recycled within the first three weeks of BMT. over under of two any takers?
Old 05-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Teching In

haha recycled my *** i still love how people judge an entire person on 3 posts in a car forum Yes an e2 with a degree, and i'm proud of it. I'll stop the we and us **** when im in boot camp, but before and after BMT i'll keep it saying it thanks. AF BMT= not that difficult, so dont think making it through it makes you so much better slowmc.

This argument will never end, the TACP, PJ and CCT guys will always think their beret is better then a SF, o well big deal i'm over it. It is what it is. But the bottom line is we are all needed in our feild and all play a role, if one link goes missing we all fail, so stop the petty bull ****.

O ya well i just thought i'd add I LOVE MY LS1
Old 05-30-2009, 11:05 PM
Teching In

Im going in as an e2 just for being able to pass the pt test before boot camp so thats nothing special there its actually required nowadays. As far as going out looking for ieds i wouldnt call it a baddass job either. Im going into the seabees which is a combat engineer job in the Navy but mainly just building things inside the bases and they still do those kind of things. Have fun drinking at 19 it was nice going to canada on the weekends and going into the bars and clubs its like an early 21.

I hate my lt1 at the moment
Old 05-31-2009, 02:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

ummmm... ya thanks for the math lesson but you just proved my point there cuz an assosciates is a 2 years degree... therefore 40 credit hours, and yes i checked they will all transfer.

i dont have time to read your other post... i have more important things to do... like get drunk!! I'm 19 today! WOOOT!
Cant even follow the law, and you are going into an AFSC that is there to uphold it....we are fucked!

Jack
Old 05-31-2009, 04:15 AM
Teching In

Ya I figured i'd break it a few last times safley, i'm not going street racing with a bottle of jack next to me. I mean hell once i get to boot camp i aint a kid anymore haha, i'll live it up while i can.

The navy advances you by passing a ****** PT test!? PSH, at least i dont have to wait 2 years to even leave to boot camp once i get sworn in- that would suck. But hell if the AF offered that i'd be an e3
Old 05-31-2009, 06:11 AM
Teching In

haha recycled my *** i still love how people judge an entire person on 3 posts in a car forum Yes an e2 with a degree, and i'm proud of it. I'll stop the we and us **** when im in boot camp, but before and after BMT i'll keep it saying it thanks. AF BMT= not that difficult, so dont think making it through it makes you so much better slowmc.

This argument will never end, the TACP, PJ and CCT guys will always think their beret is better then a SF, o well big deal i'm over it. It is what it is. But the bottom line is we are all needed in our feild and all play a role, if one link goes missing we all fail, so stop the petty bull ****.

O ya well i just thought i'd add I LOVE MY LS1
No Im better than you because Im not a punk as kid that thinks he is the **** because he is in the DEP. You are really a moron. You have no idea how the military is. You are going to have a rude awakening. But good luck to you. And I hope you like checking ID cards.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why is everyone hating on this guy for wanting to be in SF? It's his choice, not yours.

Congrats dude. Like any job, SF is what you make of it. If you wake up every morning thinking about how much life sucks, you will be miserable. If you take your job seriously (but not TOO seriously like some SF), then you'll enjoy it.

My advice to you is don't be a douchebag, and don't think that all because you wear that cute beret that you outrank everyone on base. Know your place, and know when to STFU. Those two things will get you far in your AF career.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

You know I keep hearing people claim this, but I have yet to see a single SF troop out in any of the convoys I've been on, in fact, I haven't seen any other AF personel since I left BAF for the real fight. I saw you guys gaurding the flightline though, quite valiently I may add.

He was part of an RCP package, hooray, I've seen females in RCP packages before. He was probably manning a gun or riding in the back of a truck, he was not doing EOD's job. Just like this claim that SF are training the Afghan Army, is again blown out of proportion and not true at all. SF gets tagged to augment ETT's from time to time when the Army cannot fill a team, and they really arent training ****. I know you picture door kicking and fast roping and all this other bullshit, but it's more like babysitting and jumping jacks. The other option is to be part of a LEP team in which they train afghan police officers criminal justice type ****. The guys getting taagged for this are also expirienced guys with 5-10 years and some stripes or bars. The guys doing these kinds of assignments make up like 1% of the SF careerfield. 99% of you gaurd ECP's, and thats as high speed as it gets.

TACP's deploy for 6 months, then get 6 months at home station before deploying again, and while at home station we're going TDY every month and going to month long NTC rotations. I must have missed you at NTC...oh wait you were probably gaurding a C17 or something "bad ***" like that.

Are you out of your mind? I was being somewhat civil until I saw this, now you have just shown that you are an insecure moron. JTAC's are the most highly demanded personel in either country, theres a reason the AF shells out $90,000 everytime one of us re-enlists.

Nobody brought up PJ's, but sitting on their *** PJ's are 1,000 times more cool guy than an SF troop will ever be.

LuckySpencer I suggest you stop the we and us crap, you are not in the AF, you are not an SF troop, and until then don't claim to be. That's a matter of profesionalism and respect. Judging by how you've posted so far, you will fit right in with the SF crowd. I'm sure the same could be said about me and TACP, but us > them

yeah, ive done convoys.. my unit was 70 MTD in arifjan doing convoys. my longest convoy was 14 days long. been as far as damn near the turkey border.. pass taji, fallujah and so fourth on MSR tampa.. air force relived the entire army unit to take over convoys..mmmm..i wonder why they didnt call TACP since your so badass ..

its cool that u can sit there and think SF just guards flightlines which is what we should be doing, but no security forces has been doing more **** than it should.

wow, 6 months.. your bad ***

just for your FYI, when i was doing convoys, i was driving those big *** 18 wheeler trucks doing convoys.. thats transportations job to be driving those not us. but security forces did anyways..

and yeah, my buddy was out there doing MSR/ASR sweeps. he had 4 uparmored humvees out there doing sweeps every day.. so yeah, security forces is doing things outside what they normally would do.. no army just all security forces.. seems like your jealous that we are doing alot more than you..lol

seems like us security forces has been doing more **** on the daily than you guys.. and it **** we arent even supposed to do. if you deployed more, you probably would see that. but you said your an instructor right? so that means you havent deployed lately..LOL...

Last edited by TXZ28LS1; 05-31-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:08 PM
Banned

TXZ28LS1 you really are the stereotypical cop and the spitting image of why everyone in the AF hates security forces. You keep telling yourself that you guys are high speed, I won't be able to argue with you anymore here shortly, I have real work to go do in the mountains.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

TXZ28LS1 you really are the stereotypical cop and the spitting image of why everyone in the AF hates security forces. You keep telling yourself that you guys are high speed, I won't be able to argue with you anymore here shortly, I have real work to go do in the mountains.

stereotypical? fool, u need to go back page 1 and look at your post. you started talking smack and stereotyping security forces. im just letting you know, that security forces is doing things outside of the normal duties stateside and deployed locations.. if you didnt know i guess you havent deployed lately, as security forces has been doin outside the wire missions over the last 2 years if that. since security forces just sits on the flightline all day, then explain how the SrA and 1LT that i work with just got back from 365 deployment training iraqis?

yeah, go have fun camping and rosting marshmallows in the mountains, as security forces has brand new airmen out of tech school deployed right now doing outside the wire missions.. true pinnacle of badassery!!
Old 05-31-2009, 06:15 PM
Teching In

The navy advances you by passing a ****** PT test!? PSH, at least i dont have to wait 2 years to even leave to boot camp once i get sworn in- that would suck. But hell if the AF offered that i'd be an e3 [/QUOTE]

Its not just Navy who does it i heard the Army and maybe Marines do it also. The waiting thing does suck but it cant be more than a year at a time. Theres also ways of getting e3 before you ship out and its really not hard to do but your not anything until after you complete basic so i wouldnt be going in there bragging about it.

Quick Reply: Usafsf