Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Usafsf

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 07:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Usafsf

Welp, I ship out August 18th! Hello Texas heat & humidity... Gulp.

I swore in on april 6th, and signed my contract for E2 status cuz I just finished my first year of college.

Just thought I'd introduce myself to everyone and ask for any advice in boot camp? tech school? (Security Forces) Chances are i'll end up in Afganistan from what i've heard... so the Ls1 project will be put on hold.

Anyway i'm stoked to get all my training done with and start livin the military life
Old 05-24-2009, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

good luck San Antoin is a fun place to be.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

you will get there just in time to get the last part of the summer heat and humidity, but your tech shouldnt be to bad cause lackland is also where sf tech is and by the time you start it start to cool down. Im sure you will get some sand time...dont take offense but you wont be doing anything besides guarding gates at deployed locations where ever you go for a good bit being a newb.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:50 AM
Teching In

Yeah thats what i figured... shouldnt be too bad though I'll be alright. What is your job? Still enlisted?

edit; just read your sig
Old 05-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Teching In

Not to be rude but the last job I would every pick would be SF, my brother did it and hated every minute of it except when he went to the sand box and got to drive some badass cars.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:27 PM
Launching!

You will do fine. From what I have gathered AF Basic isn't all that bad. I was in the WVANG for a short while after my time with the Marines. Tell the Air Force I said hey!
Old 05-28-2009, 02:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AWD_Launch
Not to be rude but the last job I would every pick would be SF, my brother did it and hated every minute of it except when he went to the sand box and got to drive some badass cars.
None taken, Some people have the mentality it takes to enjoy a security/enforcement job 24/7 and others dont. I've heard about half and half. Some hate every second of it, and others thrive and become k-9 units or a part of the swat team (I forgot the AF name for it..) and love it. There are tons of other opportunities to be had while in Security Forces.

I want to be a cop when I get out, And a few agencies in Denver hire the M.P. backgroud with a degree and no POST certification. So hopefully i'll be set I get an associates in Criminal Justice str8 outta training! Hell yes.

DEVIL DOG; My ex-fiance(haha long story) is stationed in Quantico as a combat Photog, I was seriously 3 seconds from joining the Marines BTW. I will send your message
Old 05-28-2009, 03:05 AM

Good Luck man...

Last edited by ehnihl; 05-28-2009 at 03:16 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LuckySpencer007
None taken, Some people have the mentality it takes to enjoy a security/enforcement job 24/7 and others dont. I've heard about half and half. Some hate every second of it, and others thrive and become k-9 units or a part of the swat team (I forgot the AF name for it..) and love it. There are tons of other opportunities to be had while in Security Forces.
I want to be a cop when I get out, And a few agencies in Denver hire the M.P. backgroud with a degree and no POST certification. So hopefully i'll be set I get an associates in Criminal Justice str8 outta training! Hell yes.
security forces isnt so bad. even though honestly, i would do something else. the job is easy even though its alot of bullshit to it. security forces deploys alot..and i mean alot. but the job is easy.

just remember just because you have security forces background doesnt really mean squat when you try to become civilian police officer. you still have to go through the acadamey and stuff like that.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Banned

As a TACP I'm pretty much required to tell you that SF is ******* gay because half ther careefield are washouts from the TACP schoolhouse. Don't buy into the bullshit you will hear at techschool about being the Air Force's Infantry, you're a security gaurd. Don't run around telling people you are "SF" like it stands for Special Forces. Don't run your drop leg holster through your reflective belt in PT gear. I strongly reccomend you make an effort to take advantage of the opportunities it does offer, and go K9 or something. That Raven **** you will hear so much about is gay as aids, it's a 2 week course on how to beat people up with a baton, and then you become a glorified military air marshal.

I've met some down to earth sf guys who realize they arent Rambo, but I've met far more who really think they are some kind of combat expert hardass who just gaurds an ECP at Bagram or Manas.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jperran
As a TACP I'm pretty much required to tell you that SF is ******* gay because half ther careefield are washouts from the TACP schoolhouse. Don't buy into the bullshit you will hear at techschool about being the Air Force's Infantry, you're a security gaurd. Don't run around telling people you are "SF" like it stands for Special Forces. Don't run your drop leg holster through your reflective belt in PT gear. I strongly reccomend you make an effort to take advantage of the opportunities it does offer, and go K9 or something. That Raven **** you will hear so much about is gay as aids, it's a 2 week course on how to beat people up with a baton, and then you become a glorified military air marshal.

I've met some down to earth sf guys who realize they arent Rambo, but I've met far more who really think they are some kind of combat expert hardass who just gaurds an ECP at Bagram or Manas.

dang bro, why do u seem bitter towards security forces? you do know security forces have been doing outside the wire **** now too right?

with all the civlilan gate guards they have now, all security forces do now is just deploy.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Even with the civilian rent-a-cops, the only thing he will be doing his first 3-4 years is checking ID cards at the gate. He wont be able to be K-9 for a few years and then hes not guaranteed to get it. I agree with the poster a few posts ago when he said that would be the last job I would do in the Air Force. I have yet to talk to an Airman and have him say the he really likes it.

To the OP... I would reconsider your choice. You wont come right out of training with an associates degree. And if college is what you wanna really focus on during your time in the AF, you wont have a lot of time to do that being Security Forces. Seeing how they deploy about every other year for sometimes a year or longer at a time. Even when your not deployed you work 12 hour shifts, which turn out to be 14+ hour shifts after you come in for your morning brief/arming-up and when your shift is over you get to have another briefing before you go home.

Good Luck.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

OP, no doubt security forces isnt a job most people would like to do. some people hate it, but some people actually like doing the job. its all in what you make of it.

also some advice i can give you, is that dont get to your first base, and start running your mouth this **** sucks..security forces sucks.. its those type of troops that get there asses handed to them everyday.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Launching!

I just graduated from basic April 3rd and in my opinion it was pretty fun and I miss it at times. My TI was pretty laid back so that may be part of the reason, but I think even with a hardass for a TI it really wouldnt be all that bad.My advice for basic is to stay low key for the first few weeks so you dont end up as dorm chief or an element leader. Other than that have fun and don't get on your TI's bad side. I have a few friends in tech school for security forces right now and they seem to like it alright. They will be graduating right before you get down to basic so you will never see them. Like others have said, I have talked to some people that like being Security Forces and others that hate it. It really just depends on what you want to do. I know I would never want to be security forces, but at the same time im in school for EOD right now which a lot of people would never want to do.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
dang bro, why do u seem bitter towards security forces? you do know security forces have been doing outside the wire **** now too right?

with all the civlilan gate guards they have now, all security forces do now is just deploy.

Yea, sf guys are getting tagged to do convoy security in Iraq, oh man that sure is the pinacle of badassery right there, so are random pogs. Most SF guys gaurd flightline ECP's. The civilians took a lot of the front gate jobs, but not the internal gates or patroling the fence line, thats still all security forces. These guys run around really thinking they have a comparable job to Marine and Army infantry, with a bigger chip on their shoulder than you can imagine.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:43 AM
Teching In

Well i agree with some **** you say, the only reason i didnt take offense to that is because I know who you are talking about. the kids who think they are B.A.'s cuz they have a beret are the same ones who got picked on in high school and want revenge on the world by having a sense of power and control. I get that, and i'm sure there are plenty of those idiots out there. Its all in the person. I could say that most TACP's just want to be known as Special Forces, but are too ***** to do CCT. But I dont cuz some are, and others actually enjoy TACP for what it is.

My friend I graduated High School with is going TACP, lucky bastards get to go to Florida... BUT they do have to go to Washington??? (I think) in the cold as hell months.

And I do believe SF's are sort of the infantry of the AF. I mean we there are tons of us, and we get deployed like no other and are the closest to action on a day to day basis. TACP, CCT and PJ's are Special forces, SF=infantry IMO
Old 05-29-2009, 03:47 AM
Teching In

ex-FREAKIN-catly, the sit on your *** security gate check job is quickly diminishing, i'm talking to a dude onlie who is stationed in Germany as SF and he described his job to me, its pretty ****** sweet. He Guards Americans like the secret Service does for the president over there
Old 05-29-2009, 03:50 AM
Teching In

security forces isnt so bad. even though honestly, i would do something else. the job is easy even though its alot of bullshit to it. security forces deploys alot..and i mean alot. but the job is easy.

just remember just because you have security forces background doesnt really mean squat when you try to become civilian police officer. you still have to go through the acadamey and stuff like that.
Na man thats my point, I mean a lot of agencies are like that but i know for a FACT adams county, CO hires without a post certification. I just talked to an officer a couple weeks ago who walked right out of AFSF and right into adams traffic cop
Old 05-29-2009, 03:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slowmc
To the OP... I would reconsider your choice. You wont come right out of training with an associates degree.
I will actually. The CCAF will approve my 28 transfer credit hours from my college in Denver, and I will get an associates in Criminal Justice STR8 out.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:03 AM
Teching In

Yea, sf guys are getting tagged to do convoy security in Iraq, oh man that sure is the pinacle of badassery right there, so are random pogs. Most SF guys gaurd flightline ECP's. The civilians took a lot of the front gate jobs, but not the internal gates or patroling the fence line, thats still all security forces. These guys run around really thinking they have a comparable job to Marine and Army infantry, with a bigger chip on their shoulder than you can imagine.
I missed this post somehow and ***Sorry for my multiple posts**** but o well haha.

It honestly sounds to me like you are the one with the chip on your shoulder there pal, and im sure everyone else who has read this thread will agree.

SF are also currently training the afganistan 'army'. our job is to be a cop. we are not infantry, but in the AF sense we are. My guess is you got pulled over by one on a base or some crap and are a little hostile, whatever its all good bro and you are not entitled to say anything about Security Forces, i'm sorry your opinion is far from the truth, but hey thats life.

Quick Reply: Usafsf