Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

STOP-LOSS retroactive pay approved.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default STOP-LOSS retroactive pay approved.

I've double checked this and it's for real. The gist is $500 a month for each month you were stop lossed.

DoD To Implement Retroactive Stop Loss Special Pay

The Defense Department announced today the services' implementation plans to provide retroactive stop loss special pay. Active, reserve and former service members who had their enlistment extended or retirement suspended due to stop loss are eligible for this special pay, if they served on active duty between Sept. 11, 2001 and Sept. 30, 2009.

Service members may begin submitting their claim for retroactive stop loss special pay on Oct. 21, 2009. In accordance with the 2009 Supplemental Appropriations Act, all applications must be submitted to the respective services no later than Oct. 21, 2010. Eligible personnel will receive a payment of $500 per month for each month (or any portion of a month) that a member was retained on active duty due to stop loss. Applicants for retroactive pay who are no longer in the military had to be honorably discharged, and for those who were stop lossed in fiscal 2009, may only receive payment from one stop loss authority - either the money appropriated for stop loss special pay in the Duncan Hunter National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2009, or the money allocated for retroactive stop loss special pay in the 2009 Supplemental Appropriations Act, but not both.

Service members must provide documented proof they were stop lossed with their claim. Family members of deceased service members should contact the appropriate military service for assistance in filing their claim.

Information on how to contact each of the services is listed below:

Army: Go to https://www.stoplosspay.army.mil or email RetroStopLossPay@CONUS.Army.Mil

Navy: Email NXAG_N132C@navy.mil

Marine Corps: Go to https://www.manpower.usmc.mil/stoploss or email stoploss@usmc.mil

Air Force: Go to http://www.afpc.randolph.af.mil/stoploss/

Stop loss provides a valuable and critical tool to quickly retain and generate forces to surge in a major conflict. However, as deployment schedules stabilize, the department must then adapt and minimize its use of stop loss. The secretary of defense announced in March a comprehensive plan to eliminate the current use of stop loss, while retaining the authority for future use under extraordinary circumstances.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh so lekker! I was stop lossed for few months from 2002 to 2003!
Old 10-22-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yup, from what I understand from a few of our guys, it is still a royal ******* pain to get your stop loss money.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Banned

I'm sorry, but I really think stop-loss pay is bullshit. You signed the ******* contract that said they could stop loss you, you don't deserve extra money because they do. Yes it sucks and I sympathize, but cry me a ******* river.

On the other hand, if you were stop lossed BEYOND your inactive reserve commitment, that is ILLEGAL AS **** and their should be legal action taking place on hehalf of those who had that happen, and you shouldn't accept a couple hundred bucks to make it ok.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

i was stop lossed for 6 months in 2003. Sweet! Strange 12 bolt, here I come!
Old 11-11-2009, 09:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just know that once you recieve that first check you will no longer be eligable for re-inlistment under any circumstances.

Happend to a guy here in my platoon he was going to re-enlist because they were able to get him the assignment he wanted, but since he got stop loss pay he became uneligable. so if you plan to re-enlist but want to try to collect stop loss pay first just know it wont work.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:41 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 82cetuner
Just know that once you recieve that first check you will no longer be eligable for re-inlistment under any circumstances.

Spelling is not a strength of yours...
Old 12-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If you're currently enlisted it is automatic though. Two of my soldiers started getting it about a month ago. I think we're going to be the last stop-lossed unit in the active Army

Quick Reply: STOP-LOSS retroactive pay approved.