Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Ship out Jan 11th. Need to lose 9lbs

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ship out Jan 11th. Need to lose 9lbs

Hey Guys,

So yeah. I ship out for PI January 11th.

I am at 214. I am 71.5 (so they can go 71 or 72) I need to be at 207 or under.

Best advice for me to get that 9lbs off? I am pretty active. I been trying to get a 1 1/2miles in every night

Someone mention T3 and another product to burn it off.

My biggest problem is I am always hungry. How do I stop the craving?
Old 12-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Launching!

It's a easy your intake must be lower then output
Old 12-27-2009, 09:49 PM
11 Second Club

A few days before hand you can keep running and spend time in the sauna, eat very little, like lettuce. Run, Sauna, repeat a few times. You're gonna feel like ****, and it's not healthy, but I dropped 20lbs in a week doing this for the PFA. Be carefull and good luck, I almost passed out when I weighed in, I was pretty dehydrated.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Launching!

It's not about how much you eat so much as it is WHAT you eat. :2cents: Drink water instead of soda, eat apples and other healthy items instead of junk food, and eat turkey sandwiches instead of burgers/pizza.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:04 PM
11 Second Club

Well portion size does have a lot to do with it. Basically golden rule for weight loss is to burn more calories than you intake. But he is looking for a rapid solution, so working out/running and eating very little is probably the best way. The sauna solution requires eating very little, drinking very little to drop the water weight. Like I said, not the healthiest way to go about it, but it's a way.

My suggestion, bring some extra cash to the MEP station, weigh in (hopefully pass), then hope you have enough time to go and raid a vending machine or cafeteria. The hunger craving sucks while doing this, and will power is key. What sucks the most is all the food commercials you'll see on tv.

If you do go about this, be careful not to die. If it feels like you can't take it, drink some water, better not to pass than die.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Banned

OK, do not dehydrate yourself or starve yourself. By PI you mean Parris Island (you dont want to show up dead there). Eat tuna and lettuce, carrots, boneless skinless chicken breasts, drink a gallon of water a day, eat veggies. do not consume any sports drinks, energy drinks, cokes or anything that is not WATER. Increase your run to 2-3 miles, run wind sprints for 30 minutes, then bike for 30 minutes. go to the gym and get on a treadmill and put it at max incline and turn the speed up to the fastest you can walk and do that for 30-60 minutes. This the healthy and right way to accomplish what you need to do. If you show up to PI dehydrated or malnourished your gonna pass out before you get a chance to walk through the front doors. and you will get a nice rude awakening called the "silver bullet". Good luck
Old 12-27-2009, 10:21 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah, my method would be bad for the Marines or the Army. I was in the Navy, but I didn't have to do that for boot, I had to for a PFA long after graduating boot and been in long enough to be on shore duty and be lazy.

If your going Marines, listen to your fellow Marines.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:19 PM
12 Second Club

Why are you waiting until less then 2 weeks prior to want to lose the 9 pounds? This is a case of you reap what you sew my friend. Good luck to you, but losing 9 pounds in 11 days is not healthy, no matter how you do it.
Tate
Old 12-28-2009, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well the reason being was my weight flucuates a lot. I gain and loose 5 or 6lbs a day.

But I just found my requirements for 72in which is 213lbs. And that is 1lb less than what I was this morning. So I am good to go.

Just can have too much beer and such for my last few days to partay. Lol.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well the reason being was my weight flucuates a lot. I gain and loose 5 or 6lbs a day.

But I just found my requirements for 72in which is 213lbs. And that is 1lb less than what I was this morning. So I am good to go.

Just can have too much beer and such for my last few days to partay. Lol.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that 1.5 mile bs you need to stop that and get serious about running at least 3 miles a day or every other day. only once in boot camp did i run 1.5 miles and that was for the initial pft. every other run is 3 miles plus. so just drink a gallon of water a day, eat healthy small portions 4-5 times a day, and make sure to stretch a lot too. i developed really bad charlie horses in boot camp
Old 12-28-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Get an enema a few days prior. Might help with a pound or 2
Old 12-28-2009, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jsteele90
that 1.5 mile bs you need to stop that and get serious about running at least 3 miles a day or every other day. only once in boot camp did i run 1.5 miles and that was for the initial pft. every other run is 3 miles plus. so just drink a gallon of water a day, eat healthy small portions 4-5 times a day, and make sure to stretch a lot too. i developed really bad charlie horses in boot camp

Oh yes. I know 1.5 is for the IST. A friend of mine who just got back from boot said they work you up to the 3mile. Its not right away.

Yes I understand I need to do more. I'm not going to make excuses I am just flat out of shap. I work a lot too which kinda hinders me from doing more exercise. But that's not a excuse. My biggest issue is I lack drive and motivation before. But now knowing that I am going to be something greater helps me push through at times.

I want this. And I know I will suffer a little more than these guys fresh out of high school and such but I have heart and determination and I don't quite til the job is done. Plus maybe being a little older and mature may help me in the long run.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i went to boot camp when i was 23 and it sucked but just suck it up and deal with the pain. its only 3 months of fun!!!!!!!! run,run,run!!!
Old 12-29-2009, 03:04 PM
Teching In

Just make sure that you can keep the weight off. Cause if you lose it for one day and you gain back all the weight, you will still get tested in bootcamp and for the rest of your career.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jsteele90
i went to boot camp when i was 23 and it sucked but just suck it up and deal with the pain. its only 3 months of fun!!!!!!!! run,run,run!!!
I will beat that I went too Boot Camp at 25
Old 01-07-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro52R
Oh yes. I know 1.5 is for the IST. A friend of mine who just got back from boot said they work you up to the 3mile. Its not right away.

Yes I understand I need to do more. I'm not going to make excuses I am just flat out of shape. I work a lot too which kinda hinders me from doing more exercise. But that's not a excuse. My biggest issue is I lack drive and motivation before. But now knowing that I am going to be something greater helps me push through at times.

I want this. And I know I will suffer a little more than these guys fresh out of high school and such but I have heart and determination and I don't quite til the job is done. Plus maybe being a little older and mature may help me in the long run.
Don't worry about it the DI will get you into shape I was in your same spot I was out of shape and 25 when I went to Boot Camp. Just stay motivated and always remember why you joined... You will have those day's were you just want to quit or ask yourself why did you join.... But that is all normal and you will get through it just don't give up!

Watch when you get back you will be putting high school kids to shame LOL
Old 01-07-2010, 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

oldest guy we had at bootcamp was 28 almost 29. age waiver anyone? lol

sorry for the offtopic
Old 01-07-2010, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Reject
oldest guy we had at bootcamp was 28 almost 29. age waiver anyone? lol

sorry for the offtopic
Yeah I knew a guy around that age too lol.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:59 PM
On The Tree

duretics. . will help you remove water weight. make sure you drink 120oz of water aday. you will be pissing alot more out.

Quick Reply: Ship out Jan 11th. Need to lose 9lbs