Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Marine infantry vs. Army infantry...need info

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

0321 here, what do you want to know?

Frankly, the United States does not need the Marine Corps which is why we are constantly having to prove our effectiveness - as an effort to justify our existance. In that, many Marines will come across as arrogant but just ignore them.
I've taken cover, slept next to, and trained with members of every branch and it really boils down to which dress uniform you want gathering dust in your locker because when Osama sees an American flag, he's not gonna give a rats *** which branch you belong to, hes just gonna spray and pray with his AK. Ive met good, honorable men and complete douchebags from every branch, including my beloved Corps.

I will say this... if you enjoy gettong screamed at and spit on like some animal, separated from your family for weeks and months on end, and hazed to what seems like inches from death, then the Marines are for you

Celer, Silens, et Mortalis
Vin
Old 05-03-2010, 06:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Marine Infantry FTW!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NoTractionLS1
Here is my 2 cents!

Holy ****, what is that? That must be a "soldier" from the Army Guard or Reserve with a chain of command that looks the other way on standards. There is no way that a person that overweight should even be allowed in a recruiting office let alone in a military chow hall. I don't care if he can do 500 push-ups.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mySStery_machine
It is spelled Corps but pronounced CORE. How much weight do you need to cut? Stick with it, any extra conditioning can only help.
I hate when people pronounce Corps: Cor-PS. It's a French word, the ps is like an English silent E. The Army has actually used the word Corps well before the Marine Corps. The present active corps in the US Army are I Corps ("eye core"), III Corps, V Corps, and XVIII Airborne Corps; their numbers derive from four of the 24 corps [numbers I-XVI, XVIII-XXIV and XXXVI] that were formed during World War II. It also refers to a grouping of specialized troops such as the Army Corps of Engineers.

Quick Reply: Marine infantry vs. Army infantry...need info