Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Any Navy Seals logged on to LS1tech?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 09:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shamson5.7
CCT and PJs are right up there with them.
Not even in the same league.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:18 PM
Village Idiot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Israeli elete military forces are very solid as well..

Atleast that is what a close Israeli friend tells me that served in the Israeli military years ago.. He swears they are the best in the world, and I tell him no way!!!
Old 05-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Teching In

The best military special forces in the world is a hand-picked group now called "Task Force 121". They used to be called Task Force 20 or "Gray Fox". The spearhead of the force is a forty-man team made up of operators from the U.S. Army's Delta Force, U.S. Army's INSCOM intelligence unit , the U.S. Navy's DEVGRU (Seal Team 6), the U.S. Army's 75th Ranger Regiment, the CIA's Special Activities Division, and the U.S. Army's 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (a.k.a. SOAR, Nightstalkers.) Other Special Operations contributions will include U.S. Air Force Combat Controllers, and U.S. Air Force Pararescue. On occasions, operators from Coalition nations (particularly British and Australian SAS, Norwegian Marinejegerkommandoen, Canadian JTF2 and Polish GROM operators) augment the TF121 and provide direct and indirect operational assistance.

It basically takes the best personnel out of the worlds top military units (mainly American) and puts them in one small unit. I first heard about them when I was chatting up some special forces guys and they told me about Gray Fox.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

i am a navy seal...................every now and then when i play Call Of Duty
Old 05-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by Callsign_Vega
The best military special forces in the world is a hand-picked group now called "Task Force 121". They used to be called Task Force 20 or "Gray Fox". The spearhead of the force is a forty-man team made up of operators from the U.S. Army's Delta Force, U.S. Army's INSCOM intelligence unit , the U.S. Navy's DEVGRU (Seal Team 6), the U.S. Army's 75th Ranger Regiment, the CIA's Special Activities Division, and the U.S. Army's 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (a.k.a. SOAR, Nightstalkers.) Other Special Operations contributions will include U.S. Air Force Combat Controllers, and U.S. Air Force Pararescue. On occasions, operators from Coalition nations (particularly British and Australian SAS, Norwegian Marinejegerkommandoen, Canadian JTF2 and Polish GROM operators) augment the TF121 and provide direct and indirect operational assistance.

It basically takes the best personnel out of the worlds top military units (mainly American) and puts them in one small unit. I first heard about them when I was chatting up some special forces guys and they told me about Gray Fox.
I haven't heard of that..

Sounds like a down right scary unit of guys.. What missions would they go on? Seek and Destroy, reconnaissance, you name it I guess. Sounds like a force that is almost invincible to me..
Old 05-20-2010, 01:28 AM
10 Second Club

This thread is awesome and so full of truth!
Old 05-20-2010, 06:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Z06PSI
Not even in the same league.
you would be incorrect.

btw this thread is hilarious.

i guess since my class started with 22 and now i'm 1 of 2 graduating i'm super elite.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Callsign_Vega

nice copy/paste from wikipedia but that is a VERY old name. for the unit. they have gone through multiple name changes since then. Good group of guys to work with though, they have all sorts of nice gear and top notch support.

What missions would they go on?
they go after high value targets (saddam, UBL, etc)
Old 05-20-2010, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

Once again this thread delivers a big LOL!
Old 05-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Village Idiot

The Navy Seals weapons of choice -

[B]http://www.navyseals.com/?q=weapons-demo[/B

Does anyone have any experience with any of these toys? If so what can you say about each weapon.. Pros and cons..

I personally like the 7.62mm M14 rifle myself. I would like to try one of these bad boys out for hunting a deer one day.... Although, you'd probably blast bambi into pieces using one of these..

They are not cheap either..

http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search/Ca...es/M1A-M14.htm

http://ruger.com/products/sr22/index...e=Guns+America

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-20-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Teching In

the SEALS aren't going to be able to operate with this much weight swinging from their nuts.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
The Navy Seals weapons of choice -

[B]http://www.navyseals.com/?q=weapons-demo[/B

Does anyone have any experience with any of these toys? If so what can you say about each weapon.. Pros and cons..

I personally like the 7.62mm M14 rifle myself. I would like to try one of these bad boys out for hunting a deer one day.... Although, you'd probably blast bambi into pieces using one of these..

They are not cheap either..

http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search/Ca...es/M1A-M14.htm

http://ruger.com/products/sr22/index...e=Guns+America

Yep sure do. They kill bad guys effectively.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Teching In

My understanding is that PJs go through all the sister service spec ops training, and then their own school too. All the spec ops guys are top-notch though. I would never say that any of them are bad. However, before going and saying that any one of the is "the best", learn a little more about all of them. Just because you've seen SOME of the training for one, doesn't mean you know they are the best of the best. As others have said, they each have their own mission. You're just coming off as a little un-educated on the subject and a rabid SEAL fan-boy. Nothing wrong with them, they are very good at what they do, just not the only option if you want to be the best.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Village Idiot

The Taliban use mainly the AK47's these days, they took and stole them off the Russians mostly..

So that's what our military forces are mainly facing these days in combat, I still like our American made toys better.

M16, M14 or an AK47? Hmmm? Well, I do know those AK47's can spray and do some serious damage that's for sure..
Old 05-20-2010, 08:19 PM
Launching!

oh come on guys how could you forget the A-Team.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:12 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a funny thread ...im so glad im.getting out the 0311 field. 29 days left.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:43 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by venom99
it all is in the unit and your talking up the seals so much there just people last week my buddy and i had a 3 mile run to see who is faster he is a seal and i myself am a ranger to prove my point i beat him by almost a minute
Bet you wouldn't beat him in a one mile swim though, and probably not a long edurance test either with alot of weight strapped onto your back..

Seals are trained first in the Ocean and Water. Land too of course.

Lets see a team of Rangers row a boat full blast into a rocky shore line, navigating up to the big bolder rocks and surf and then carry the boat over your heads thru rocky bolders and onto the sandy shore..

Hell Week Bud/s - 60 hour straights, no sleep and with full out physical exertion.. That paritcular test in Hell Week I hear is where more then half the stacked recruits fail and ring that damn quit bell..

I hear they got ambulances and medical staffs right their to give immediate medical attention during the "Hell Week" Seal training.

Good luck with that ****. So you beat the Navy Seal in a run, whooopiee!!

Yeah, I'm sorta hyping the Navy Seals only because it is well deserved...I'm no kiss *** trust me.. Damn, I wish I could have tried my luck to become a Navy Seal years ago!!!.. Regrets, I have a few, but then again so few to mention... Sing it Frankie...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-20-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:50 PM
Launching!

I'm an Air Force guy so for me to brag about the Navy is even tough for me..
Then you of all people should know that in the SpecOps community, Air Force ParaRescue (PJ) training is generally considered the toughest. And while I agree that SEAL training is one of the most rigorous and intense, try taking a look at some of the others before crowning the SEAL program king.

Just my .02
Old 05-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Teching In

Bet you wouldn't beat him in a one mile swim though, and probably not a long edurance test either. With alot of weight strapped onto your back..

Seals are trained first in the Ocean and Water. Land too of course.

Lets see a team of Rangers row a boat full blast into a rocky shore line, navigating up to the big bolder rocks and surf and then carry the boat over your heads thru rocky bolders and onto the sandy shore..

Hell Week Bud/s - 60 hour straights, no sleep and with full out physical exertion.. That paritcular test in Hell Week I hear is where more then half the stacked recruits fail and ring that damn quit bell..

I hear they got ambulances and medical staffs right there during the Hell Week training.

Good luck with that ****. So you beat the Navy Seal in a run, whooopiee!!

You really dont know what you are talking about do you. You should really listen to what others are saying. SEALs are very good at some things and not so good at others. Thier is a reason that the US military has so many different special units it is not just because they all want to be better than the others. We all have different jobs and different areas of focus. Sending in a seal platoon to run the unconventional war at the start of Astan probably wouldnt be the best idea, the same as sending my ODA to do a hit on a Navy vessel wouldnt be the best fit either. I have worked with a fair amount of seals and some of them are great dudes while others are not worth the name elite. Guess what the same goes for just about every elite force. Watching some seal training does not mean you know a dam thing
Old 05-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Village Idiot

[QUOTE=SonicBoom;13361075]Then you of all people should know that in the SpecOps community, Air Force ParaRescue (PJ) training is generally considered the toughest. And while I agree that SEAL training is one of the most rigorous and intense, try taking a look at some of the others before crowning the SEAL program king.

Just my .02[/QUOTE)

Air Force Special Operations Command unit (AFSOC) are sick, and are actually right there with the Navy Seal program, you are right in a way, but the training is still different and just not as intense as the Seal training, Air Force Para Rescue is also a manly group of studs. I can't argue that!!!!

Infact, they all work together in teams on many missions in the past.. The elete forces are very friendly with other branches of the military from what I know..

This is a good thing..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-21-2010 at 12:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Any Navy Seals logged on to LS1tech?