Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Any Navy Seals logged on to LS1tech?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Village Idiot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Navy Seals logged on to LS1tech?

I've come to realise the Navy Seals is one of America's finest elete groups serving in our American military today..

I understand in order to become a Navy Seal you must have the mind set of "I'd rather die then quit". Needless to say you have to be a physical specimen, and a mental genuis just to get in.. If you have that then your mental toughness really has to be off the charts, and that is where most fall short...

I got a chance to visit Coronado, San Diego (Seal training base) Learned alot, and saw first hand what it takes to complete pool competency test, Demolitions and tactics, Bud/s, and then Hell week, etc..

200 extremely fit bodies maybe start and maybe if your lucky 30 finish when the Seal training is over.. It is truely a test of wil and determination, and I absolutely commend any Navy Seals that have passed all the tests to become one..

You are America's finest, no dought!!!! This is coming from an Air Force guy too.. I salute all you tough SOB's "hooyah"

Ps. I'm a 40 year old guy today, but I tell you if I could do it all over again and when I was 20 I would want to test my fortitude as a man, and a warrior and try to become a Navy Seal..

Just finished a great book called "The Lone Survivor" Story of a Navy Seal team that kicked *** in the Middle East as well...

My question to any of you Navy Seals is how can you best describe your experience in "Hell Week" Seal training? How did you find it within you to finish?

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-26-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they told you then they would have to kill you immediately.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by Z06PSI
If they told you then they would have to kill you immediately.
I guess there are no Navy Seals hanging out on LStech.. Kinda expected that as they are few and far in between.. Thought I would try anyways, and get more of a low down..

Trying to get my Nef (18) to enlist and go for the Navy Seals program. He's stacked, mentally tough, MMA fighter, and a smart kid to boot.. Thinking he may have what it takes to become an elete Navy Seal..

The only problem with the Seals is they get called upon to do the most dangerous missions. You could die, that's for sure..

Green Beret and Air Bourne Rangers aren't too shabby either..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-18-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:16 PM
TECH Resident

You're forgetting Recon Marines too. Dude's are nuts!
Old 05-18-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

priceless
Old 05-18-2010, 11:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1badWS6
You're forgetting Recon Marines too. Dude's are nuts!

You mean the guys that SEALS rescue when they get lost?
Old 05-18-2010, 11:08 PM
Village Idiot

Yeah, but still the US NAVY SEALS are commonly known as the highest and most elete military force that the US has to offer.. Even over the Green Berets, Marine Recon and Rangers. Seals are just trained and pushed at a higher level.. It is considered among most that they are the best the US military have to offer.

Infact it is argued world wide that only the English Military SAS (Special Air Forces) can compare to the US Navy Seal program..

http://www.eliteukforces.info/

http://articles.sfgate.com/2006-05-1...s-navy-s-elite

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-26-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:07 AM
TECH Resident

Haha each Special Operations has their own particular mission set...Each is specailized in their skill set...Believe me , there are others out there WAY above Seals...
Old 05-19-2010, 05:57 AM
TECH Addict

Delta..
Old 05-19-2010, 06:05 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Z06PSI
Delta..

Oh you mean the group that no one knows about, not even the government...lol

I watched a tv show about the SEALS, pretty hardcore ****, but each specialized group has its own mission and training. Where SEALS excel in one area, SF, Rangers, SAS, Recon, Spec Ops, excel in others.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they don't look so tough to me!!!!
Old 05-19-2010, 07:52 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by anarchy99
they don't look so tough to me!!!!
What you dont know is that a Navy Seal has been living off the internals of that actually seal for months, and has managed to make a body suit out of it and he has swam thousands of miles into insurgent land and now is about to attack the insurgent onlookers.

Think outside the box with these guys.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've come to realise there is no greater military force in the United States then the Navy Seals.
it really depends on what the mission is. for some missions that may be true.

nowadays many of the impressive units are not all from one branch or even all military.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Banned

I am a Delta Recon Ranger Seal.

Beat that ****.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Village Idiot

Some of you guys are ******* out the Navy Seals, I probably would do the same until I got a first hand look and the knowledge of what it takes to become a Seal.. I would love to see if any of you guys can come close to completing the Navy Seal Program let alone even get in.

The demands are set extremely high, and sure there are other branches of the US Military that are elete or even more well suited to face a certain military situations then perhaps a trained Navy Seal.

As far as being the most elete military unit goes, it is the overall training and the intense training that makes the Navy Seal the most elete. Even the Navy Seal medical training is intense. Simple things like Moral standards are set very high as well. I think some of you guys need to really look into the program before you knock it..

It is really no joke at all... Getting thru BUD/S training will test your soul as a man from what I know.. They break you down and take you to the edge of insanity unlike no other training in the Military..

I'm an Air Force guy so for me to brag about the Navy is even tough for me.. Still I am just so incredibly impressed with the Navy Seal Program unlike no other.

That is all. Other Military elete Divisions I am sure are extremely well trained, and complete badass's as well, no disrespect intended on my part...
Old 05-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
Some of you guys are ******* out the Navy Seals, I probably would do the same until I got a first hand look and the knowledge of what it takes to become a Seal.. I would love to see if any of you guys can come close to completing the Navy Seal Program let alone even get in.

The demands are set extremely high, and sure there are other branches of the US Military that are elete or even more well suited to face a certain military situations then perhaps a trained Navy Seal.

As far as being the most elete military unit goes, it is the overall training and the intense training that makes the Navy Seal the most elete. Even the Navy Seal medical training is intense. Simple things like Moral standards are set very high as well. I think some of you guys need to really look into the program before you knock it..

It is really no joke at all... Getting thru BUD/S training will test your soul as a man from what I know.. They break you down and take you to the edge of insanity unlike no other training in the Military..

I'm an Air Force guy so for me to brag about the Navy is even tough for me.. Still I am just so incredibly impressed with the Navy Seal Program unlike no other.

That is all. Other Military elete Divisions I am sure are extremely well trained, and complete badass's as well, no disrespect intended on my part...
Blah blah blah blah

Last edited by Texas Heat; 05-19-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Texas Heat
Blah blah blah blah
LMFAO....To the OP I'm glad you are impressed with them but no need to slobber on them about it...Ever heard of the Virginia Boys??? They are good at what they do yes... The standard of physical fitness can be achieved by anyone..Yes the selection process is brutal but with the proper train up and mind set you anyone can accomplish the physical part...Its the brains , ability , and training that puts SpecOps above the regular soldier....
Old 05-19-2010, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it all is in the unit and your talking up the seals so much there just people last week my buddy and i had a 3 mile run to see who is faster he is a seal and i myself am a ranger to prove my point i beat him by almost a minute
Old 05-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Village Idiot

I guess I touched a nerv with some of you guys....

I should have known there is alot of compitition between the Armed Forces and who's the toughest...

I guess if I was in a special division force in the Army, Airforce or Marines I would be pissed off too if someone was over hyping the Navy Seals. I might tell that dude to **** off..

My bad...

Old 05-19-2010, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
I guess I touched a nerv with some of you guys....

I should have known there is alot of compitition between the Armed Forces and who's the toughest...

I guess if I was in a special division force in the Army, Airforce or Marines I would be pissed off too if someone was over hyping the Navy Seals. I might tell that dude to **** off..

My bad...

From what I understand SEALs have the longest training, but Id say CCT and PJs are right up there with them.

Quick Reply: Any Navy Seals logged on to LS1tech?