Any Navy Seals logged on to LS1tech?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
The Navy Seals weapons of choice -

[B]http://www.navyseals.com/?q=weapons-demo[/B

Does anyone have any experience with any of these toys? If so what can you say about each weapon.. Pros and cons..

I personally like the 7.62mm M14 rifle myself. I would like to try one of these bad boys out for hunting a deer one day.... Although, you'd probably blast bambi into pieces using one of these..

They are not cheap either..

http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search/Ca...es/M1A-M14.htm

http://ruger.com/products/sr22/index...e=Guns+America
Isn't that not much more than a hot version of a .308 winchester round?

You might be able to take a deer with it but I wouldn't want to mess with any adult bears especially if you only had time to get off a single shot.

Roach
Old 05-21-2010, 12:04 AM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by 01turdbird
You really dont know what you are talking about do you. You should really listen to what others are saying. SEALs are very good at some things and not so good at others. Thier is a reason that the US military has so many different special units it is not just because they all want to be better than the others. We all have different jobs and different areas of focus. Sending in a seal platoon to run the unconventional war at the start of Astan probably wouldnt be the best idea, the same as sending my ODA to do a hit on a Navy vessel wouldnt be the best fit either. I have worked with a fair amount of seals and some of them are great dudes while others are not worth the name elite. Guess what the same goes for just about every elite force. Watching some seal training does not mean you know a dam thing
I'm not saying they are better served for certain missions then other specialized Military units.. You're obviously just reading what you want to read and not reading my posts correctly.. It's commonly known the Seal training program is one of the most intense and demanding.. It's proven and undisputed.. That is all.

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-26-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SonicBoom
Then you of all people should know that in the SpecOps community, Air Force ParaRescue (PJ) training is generally considered the toughest. And while I agree that SEAL training is one of the most rigorous and intense, try taking a look at some of the others before crowning the SEAL program king.

Just my .02
Just who is it that told you that. I am in SF and have worked with SEALs, Rangers, Marsoc and a few CAG dudes and I can honestly say that this is the first time I have ever heard that PJ training was considered to be the toughest.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:07 AM
Teching In

The Taliban use mainly the AK47's these days, they took and stole them off the Russians mostly..

So that's what our military forces are mainly facing these days in combat, I still like our American made toys better.

M16, M14 or an AK47? Hmmm? Well, I do know those AK47's can spray and do some serious damage that's for sure..
A firefight greater than 200 yards and the AK out classed by the M16 and M14 Inside of that all bets are off.

Roach
Old 05-21-2010, 12:09 AM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by roach4047

You might be able to take a deer with it but I wouldn't want to mess with any adult bears especially if you only had time to get off a single shot.

Roach
Ok, that's the kind of information I am looking for... Thank you..

If I ever take on a Polar Bear or adult male Grizzly on I will keep this info. in mind.. I hear you though..

How about an elephant? What would be your choice of weapon to take down a charging adult elephant?
Old 05-21-2010, 12:09 AM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by roach4047

Roach
A 7.62 is almost exactly the same as a 308 just like a 223 is almost exactly the same as a 556. It is the same round our SCAR-H, 240s, and m24 shoot. It is a good round that has been around a long time.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:13 AM
10 Second Club

Just who is it that told you that. I am in SF and have worked with SEALs, Rangers, Marsoc and a few CAG dudes and I can honestly say that this is the first time I have ever heard that PJ training was considered to be the toughest.
Word up! I find this a bit strange being that one my close pesonal friends is a PJ (my old 2IC). He tells me stories about their pipeline and we laugh while reminiscing about our humble beginnings going through RIP and other lovely courses that we agree are much more hardcore along with our unit then too!
Old 05-21-2010, 12:14 AM
Teching In

I'm not saying they are better served for certain missions then other specialized other Military units.. You're obviously just reading what you want to read and not reading my posts correctly.. I am saying just the Seal training is the most intense.. It's proven and undisputed.. That is all.
Proven and undisputed by who besides other seals. Is that the reasons SEALs sometimes go to other more elite units and dont always pass those selections. A seal graduated the Q course with me and said that some parts of seal training were harder and some were easier than the Q course. Kinds of puts that proven and undisputed claim of yours into question dosent it
Old 05-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Teching In

Well I spent a summer stationed in Hurlburt Field where some AF ParaRescue guys did some training Swamp training I think they were calling it. That **** was definitely intense. And all I ever seen was those guys doing pull ups and push ups. Every damn time they left their dorm they had to crank out some rediculous number of pull ups and each time they returned to enter their dorm they had to crank out some crazy number of pushups. A mere portion of the pre test in basic training simply to be considered to enter that program was absolutely ludicris. In the water up and back the length of the pool, out of the water, push ups, set ups... repeat.... that **** went on for well over the 40 minutes that I was assigned to mow the lawn out side of one of the bases gyms that pool was next to. I can't even imagine what those guys had to go through once they made the program. Not saying they're the elite force but DAMN THOSE GUYS WERE GETTING TRAINED BIG TIME. My wrestling practices in high school might be the closest I ever came to being trained that hard. All I can say is that I'm glad those guys are out there. Sure saved my *** from having to do all that work. Not to mention I don't think I'd be so good at dodging bullets either.

Roach
Old 05-21-2010, 12:18 AM
Launching!

Just seems to be a general consensus among those I've talked to over the years (a group that includes active and former members of just about every SO or SO-capable unit). Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it IS the toughest, just what the majority seem to agree on (mostly from an endurance/fatigue standpoint). Personally, I rank them a little differently myself, but I am probably a little biased.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:20 AM
Village Idiot

Proven and undisputed by who besides other seals. Is that the reasons SEALs sometimes go to other more elite units and dont always pass those selections. A seal graduated the Q course with me and said that some parts of seal training were harder and some were easier than the Q course. Kinds of puts that proven and undisputed claim of yours into question dosent it
From what I've learned that is only one aspect of the Seal Training.. Look up the complete program or ask your Seal friend about the entire program and what is involved. You may change your tune..

I've served and visited a few of elete military training programs.. With all due respect, I find your post to be incorrect, sorry.....

Damn, I wish there was a Navy Seal on this thread backing me on my claims..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-26-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Packy
Word up! I find this a bit strange being that one my close pesonal friends is a PJ (my old 2IC). He tells me stories about their pipeline and we laugh while reminiscing about our humble beginnings going through RIP and other lovely courses that we agree are much more hardcore along with our unit then too!
You have to love the fanboys of this or that SPEC OP unit with no real connection or knowledge of anything in the community seem to think they know more than the people actually in the community.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:23 AM
Teching In

That is only one aspect of the Seal Training.. Look up the complete program or ask your Seal friend about the entire program and what is involved. You may change your tune..

I'm becoming a bit of an historian for elete military groups these days. I've served and visited alot of elete military training programs.. With all due respect, I find your post to be incorrect, sorry.....

What is one aspect of seal training. The guy was a SEAL for 6 years before he got out and came over to SF. We were talking about the whole SF pipeline vs the SEAL pipeline. You visiting a train program gives you no where near a leg to stand on in this conversation.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:25 AM
10 Second Club

You have to love the fanboys of this or that SPEC OP unit with no real connection or knowledge of anything in the community seem to think they know more than the people actually in the community.

No **** dude! It always cracks me up when people with zero to little experience tell people how it is! Froggy's rule mentality is dumb when it is only one way to get to work. I would rather use and exercise the many others that there are. Slaap lekker vrouwen...

In short- Jibby quit running your jibs about **** you have no clue about.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:27 AM
Village Idiot

What is one aspect of seal training. The guy was a SEAL for 6 years before he got out and came over to SF. We were talking about the whole SF pipeline vs the SEAL pipeline. You visiting a train program gives you no where near a leg to stand on in this conversation.
Ok, well then this is news to me.. I can't speak because I am not either, you're right.. I guess I have to take your word for it then, since you're on the inside and I am on the outside looking in..

I am a humble American patriot and only looking for the true facts, thank you. I will definetely look deeper into this discussion..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-21-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:28 AM
Teching In

Ok, that's the kind of information I am looking for... Thank you..

If I ever take on a Polar Bear or adult male Grizzly on I will keep this info. in mind.. I hear you though..

How about an elephant? What would be your choice of weapon to take down a charging adult elephant?
An elephant gun of course...Duh...

Roach
Old 05-21-2010, 12:33 AM
Launching!

Not sure if this was directed at me or not, but as a former 0321 I can assure you that I have at least a tiny bit of knowledge about the community and am not a "fanboy" of anyone.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:35 AM
Teching In

Obviously Jibbys exposure to the Seal training has managed to give Jibby a Chubby...

Roach
Old 05-21-2010, 12:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SonicBoom
Not sure if this was directed at me or not, but as a former 0321 I can assure you that I have at least a tiny bit of knowledge about the community and am not a "fanboy" of anyone.
I think that was intended more so for the OP.. At least that's my take on it.

Roach
Old 05-21-2010, 12:39 AM
Teching In

Well this has been fun girls but I gotta hit the sack.

Odark hundred comes early and lights out was hours ago.

Take care ladies.

One more thing,

Thanks to all the Squids, Jarheads, groundpounders and even you flyboys out there for serving this great nation.

Oooh-Rah!

Roach

Quick Reply: Any Navy Seals logged on to LS1tech?