Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Any Navy Seals logged on to LS1tech?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
That is exactly what my best friend keeps telling me as he served in the Israeli Army before coming to America.. He had a look at the Commandos first hand. He also visited the Navy Seals training base in Coronado last year with me. He never changed his tune even after the visit to Coronado..

I was like ok if you say so, I guess the Israeli special forces are for real.
Visitng a training center dosent mean you know crap about a unit. I am sure I could make air force basic training seem hard to someone just visiting. FYI SF training is a year long or more depending on your MOS.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01turdbird
Visitng a training center dosent mean you know crap about a unit. I am sure I could make air force basic training seem hard to someone just visiting. FYI SF training is a year long or more depending on your MOS.
lol, man just deep breath and laugh, it like arguing with a Honda who did a fly-by after you hit the breaks and slowing down and he claims to win the race.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Staging Lane

Well at least the seals are getting a kick outa this guy.

But seriously, a few people need to take GI Jane off repeat and live life a little
Old 05-23-2010, 05:37 PM
TECH Addict

Why does it seem as if the last 3 posts(among others) are just trying to degrade, or at least downgrade the SEAL program? It's not like JIBBBY is trying to tell anyone that he knows all about becoming a SEAL or any other SF operator. He's just telling us that he was in awe of their training as he saw it. Is there really something wrong with that? I don't think so. I was in awe of things I saw at Ft. Benning when my brother was there back in 1983... Comparatively, it looked like a cake walk vs the BUD/S program... It's an opinion and we're all entitled to one of our own.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

Perhaps you missed my video? Obviously this is a very serious topic, and those discussing it are clearly the subject matter experts
Old 05-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Boehlke
Besides, this proves sf training is the most hardcore. By far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_hnG7kuam8

I'm actually seriously considering going Army this time around with a definite eye toward 18B, so this video actually gave me a good hard laugh. I was looking for the Onion News Network logo somewhere on the video. Don't know who did this, but it was funny.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Village Idiot

You guys are tough, I give up.. I don't claim to know all that much and I am not a Navy Seal. I just was very impressed with the Seal program and it's training when I visited and spoke with a few Navy Seals first hand.. I can't seem to say anything right on this thread..

Carry on lads and have a good day, I apologise if I offended anyone..
Old 05-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

I've come to realise there is no greater military force in the United States then the Navy Seals.

I understand in order to become a Navy Seal you must have the mind set of "I'd rather die then quit". Needless to say you have to be a physical specimen, and a mental genuis just to get in.. If you have that then your mental toughness really has to be off the charts, and that is where most fall short...

I got a chance to visit Coronado, San Diego (Seal training base) Learned alot, and saw first hand what it takes to complete pool competency test, Demolitions and tactics, Bud/s, and then Hell week, etc..

200 extremely fit bodies maybe start and maybe if your lucky 30 finish when the Seal training is over.. It is truely a test of wil and determination, and I absolutely commend any Navy Seals that have passed all the tests to become one..

You are America's finest, no dought!!!! This is coming from an Air Force guy too.. I salute all you tough SOB's "hooyah"

Ps. I'm a 40 year old guy today, but I tell you if I could do it all over again and when I was 20 I would want to test my fortitude as a man, and a warrior and try to become a Navy Seal..

Just finished a great book called "The Lone Survivor" Story of a Navy Seal team that kicked *** in the Middle East as well...

My question to any of you Navy Seals is how can you best describe your experience in "Hell Week" Seal training? How did you find it within you to finish?
Qouting from a Sgt of mine whenever I or someone else talk highly of him or another high ranking person.... Are you gonna get on your knees and suck his dick too?

Sorry had to say it.

USMC all the way
Old 05-23-2010, 08:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Why does it seem as if the last 3 posts(among others) are just trying to degrade, or at least downgrade the SEAL program? It's not like JIBBBY is trying to tell anyone that he knows all about becoming a SEAL or any other SF operator. He's just telling us that he was in awe of their training as he saw it. Is there really something wrong with that? I don't think so. I was in awe of things I saw at Ft. Benning when my brother was there back in 1983... Comparatively, it looked like a cake walk vs the BUD/S program... It's an opinion and we're all entitled to one of our own.
lol, open your eyes, no one is degrading the Seals, everyone is on a page of RESPECT, for every aspect of every Special Operations group our wonderful country has, he wants to come in and degrade, the Army, Marine Corps, and Air Force with something that he truely has no clue about. Go back and look, no one said down about the Seals, but he can't help but keep talking down about other branches, he needs to grow up and realize that everyone wears the same FLAG and does their part. **** I bet a a pac clerk who goes to the gym everyday while others clean their Armory's or working on Vic's in the motorpol could out run some of the elite guys who have more things to do then run. Obviously he really does not know what it is like, that is why, everyone here is talking **** to him, not the Seals.

Last edited by Yun Gunz; 05-23-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Launching!

My vote goes to Special Forces (no disrespect to the rest of the spec ops community, just my humble opinion)

Read "Chosen Soldier" by Dick Couch. Its a detailed account of when he followed soldiers through U.S. Army Special Forces training. And explains how they are the most well rounded individuals in the spec ops community.

And its and unbiased book due to the fact that the author was never in the army, but rather a Navy Seal in Vietnam.

And to JIBBBY........."Even the Navy Seal medical training is intense."........All of the medics in the spec ops community go to the Joint Special Operations Medical Training Facility which is part of the U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School and i cannot speak for the rest of the spec ops community but 18D (Special Forces Medic) is definitely the longest and arguably the most intense MOS course the special forces have.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by geoffreymexico
Read "Chosen Soldier" by Dick Couch. Its a detailed account of when he followed soldiers through U.S. Army Special Forces training. And explains how they are the most well rounded individuals in the spec ops community.
+1 on recommending reading Chosen Soldier. It is a great book.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by SonicBoom
+1 on recommending reading Chosen Soldier. It is a great book.
I will read the book "Chosen Soldier". Thanks for the tip!!!!

I just got finished reading the book "Lone Survivor" written by Marcus Luttrell, National #1 best seller.

A true story of Navy Seal Team 10 going deep into Afgan on a recon mission, they get their position compromised by a couple of passing bye Afgan goat herders near a huge hostile Taliban camp. The Seal team is then faced with either the decision to kill the two goat herders and or let them go free and risk that they don't tell the Taliban of their hidden where abouts. They end up letting them go and it turns out to be a big mistake. Over 200 Taliban fighters then come straight forward to kill the Seal Team of 4 people.. I won't tell you the rest, it's intense and beyond belief. An incoming Heli is also shot down by an RPG also killing 12 American special forces members which is very sad. They were trying to rescue and come to the aid of the ambushed Navy Seal team.. Great book and a must read..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-24-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by Yun Gunz
lol, open your eyes, no one is degrading the Seals, everyone is on a page of RESPECT, for every aspect of every Special Operations group our wonderful country has, he wants to come in and degrade, the Army, Marine Corps, and Air Force with something that he truely has no clue about. Go back and look, no one said down about the Seals, but he can't help but keep talking down about other branches, he needs to grow up and realize that everyone wears the same FLAG and does their part. **** I bet a a pac clerk who goes to the gym everyday while others clean their Armory's or working on Vic's in the motorpol could out run some of the elite guys who have more things to do then run. Obviously he really does not know what it is like, that is why, everyone here is talking **** to him, not the Seals.
You're out of your mind if you think I would ever put down or degrade the Army, Marines, and or the Air Force. Dude open your eyes, I may have over praising the Seals in a few of my posts, but in many posts I commended all our elete military forces..

Stop trying to start **** with me, you are gravely mistaken with this post of yours!!!!! Hell, I even apologised twice if I accidently did offend.. So back off Rambo!!!!

This is the military section of the LS1Tech, just wanted to start a thread on the Navy Seals. Talk and commend their intense training, and nothing more. I personally wanted to find out first hand from some Seals what it was like getting thru BUD/S in hell week.. So many fail and quit and ring that damn bell. That was my only intension on this thread..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-24-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Launching!

I will read the book "Chosen Soldier".

I just got finished reading the book "Lone Survivor" National #1 best seller.

A true story of Navy Seal Team #10 going deep into Afgan on a recon mission, they get their position compromised by a couple of passing bye Afgan goat herders near a huge hostile Taliban camp. The Seal team is faced with either the decision to kill the two goat herders and or let them go free and risk that they don't tell the Taliban of their hiden where abouts. They end up letting them go and it turns out to be a big mistake. Over 200 Taliban fighters then come straight forward to kill a Seal Team of 4.. I won't tell you the rest. An incoming Heli is also shot down by an RPG also killing 12 American special forces members which is very sad. They were trying to rescue the Seal team.. Great book and a must read..

I remember that incident but haven't read the book yet. I'll have to go pick up a copy.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Launching!

It would've been ok if you were just like, hey I went to such and such place and witnessed such and such group "train" and it was badass, cool etc etc. But no you went out and stated repeatedly the group you watched was completely badass and the best there has ever been. That no one or other group is capable of what they can do. I admire your fascination with the seals but coming out like you did,you should be prepared for the backlash from the branchs SO's. Just my 2 cents
Old 05-24-2010, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Yun Gunz
You say no one is degrading SEALs... What about...

Originally Posted by Petraszewsky
Haha each Special Operations has their own particular mission set...Each is specailized in their skill set...Believe me , there are others out there WAY above Seals...
or...
Originally Posted by anarchy99
they don't look so tough to me!!!!
or.. the comparison here, looking like an angle to suggest army Rangers are better based on running?
Originally Posted by venom99
it all is in the unit and your talking up the seals so much there just people last week my buddy and i had a 3 mile run to see who is faster he is a seal and i myself am a ranger to prove my point i beat him by almost a minute
And those were all from page one. ALL special operations groups deserve serious respect for what they do. SEAL training is considered the most intense by many, and perhaps most, probably due to it's length and dropout rate. Ranger school has a massive D/O rate as well, but isn't quite so long. I think a man can complete either, if only he has the mindset of something along the lines of "I'd rather DIE than quit!"

FWIW, I think many BUD/S candidates drop out strictly because of all the time spent in the water, which is cold and choppy most of the time. It's by no means the only reason, but that water can brutalize a mans mind in no time.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:09 PM
10 Second Club

The aquatic environment (water) is the ultimate equalizer! Just remember you become part of the food chain when you enter the ocean.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Village Idiot

Thanks guys, I guess some of you understand where I am coming from and my true intensions of starting this thread was not to put down or degrade anyone, belittle or sell short any other divisions of our military groups, etc... I got full respect for all our military groups, really. Yes, and we all do fly the same flag...

I just wanted to find out more information about the true nature of our elete armed forces first hand from some of you guys currently serving that are logged on.. Why not? This is the military section right? I just am trying to get a grip on why the drop out rate is so high in the Seal program, etc. What really breaks the man ultimately when he has already gotten that far thru the program to just quit and walk out on his life time goal, team, commitment and dreams...

It appears from what I am reading the constant exposure to sea water, cold temps, lack of sleep, in your face drilling, etc. That eventually breaks your spirit and mind down I suppose and it's not even so much the actual physical fatigue.. Thanks...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-24-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Staging Lane

It sounds like your questions would be best answered by quiters, Jibbby. They're the only ones who know what made them break down.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

The fatigue aspect is quite real though, in the sense of breaking these tough men mentally(that's the tool, fatigue)... That is to say, they quit because their mind says this is too much to handle. We all have a breaking point. Training like BUD/S tends to find that point rather quickly for most.

The mental aspect is where most are separated from any serious warrior training... The body simply follows instructions from the mind. A broken bone can usually recover quickly in a young man... A broken mind... not so much. Some men realize their mind holds the key only after having dropped out before... and go back and try again, many of those completing the training.

Quick Reply: Any Navy Seals logged on to LS1tech?