Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

FB people: Add and help this dog get to the states.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 01:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FB people: Add and help this dog get to the states.

My buddy, also a member here on Tech, is doing a 1 year tour in Iraq and has a dog that he wants to bring to the states.

This is from his page:

Please forward her profile out to as many people as possible. I am trying to rescue her from Iraq and take her back home. It will be very pricey though. The Army will not ship her. I am working with Operation Baghdad Pups (ASPCA international)
Please add him and help or donate if possible.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...2397178&ref=mf
Old 06-26-2010, 01:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** that. It's a dog.

Facebook is lame.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Wow ... really dood... Why even bother to respond.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:26 PM
12 Second Club

Why even bother to post this?

There are a LOT of animals state side that could use just as much help, if not more, than some dog from Iraq. Sounds like a scam to me.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Even still for someone doing a YEAR in Iraq. Seriously, why bother to respond. If I don't like a thread, I just simply ignore it. It's not a scam. I've known this guy for four years. He's a good friend of mine and his handle on here is -=MOD=-.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:38 PM
12 Second Club

Regardless of how long he's been in Iraq (ploy to gain sympathy) that doesn't excuse him not wanting to use his own money. I know people who've came back from tour and bought houses and/or vehicles with cash. Don't tell me he doesn't have the money.

If I smell a rat, I'll point it out.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Launching!

No need to be a Dick about it Morbid. If you don't like it, then just move the F on. No need to be so damn negative. Jason aka Mod on here decided to save this animals life and just asking for support.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nite_Hawk
No need to be a Dick about it Morbid. If you don't like it, then just move the F on. No need to be so damn negative. Jason aka Mod on here decided to save this animals life and just asking for support.
Thanks. Glad you could clear that up.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Morbid
Sounds like a scam to me.
agreed.....im not trying to be a dick, and i am totally an animal lover, but this could very easily be a scam

Old 06-26-2010, 03:50 PM
TECH Veteran

My friend started the page. He's not trying to scam anyone and it never ASKED for money, it just said donate if possible. It HIS dog that he is adopting as a pet on base in Iraq.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
He's not trying to scam anyone and never ASKED for money, it just said donate if possible.
how is that not asking for money?

Old 06-26-2010, 04:25 PM
TECH Veteran

CHARITY.. It's whole purpose is awareness. And how is ASPCA a scam anyway? he's using the money for the cause, if it was a scam he would take the money and move to Bermuda and buy a house or some crap, like Madoff. $5 $10 here and there isn't going to raise enough to even have to be claimed on taxes.

Churches ask for donations........ Car shows......Waitresses (tips)........... I guess they're all scams.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree, it's a dog. There are tons of other issues currently that need more attention.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread reminded me of an ol' article I read. Here is the article that really made me think differently:

http://theweek.com/article/index/106...og_lost_at_sea
Old 06-26-2010, 07:25 PM
11 Second Club

unless it was a life or death situation involving a human, i could never ask someone to donate money to me. this is a stray dog he found. either use your own money or do what you have to do and either give it to someone else or let it go.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

i dont see why everyone is being this way. he is over in iraq fighting for us and found a friend over there who kept him sane and gave him some love to come back to after doing his rounds. he wants to bring the dog back and i respect that. its like having a child over there and just leaving it when your done.

so to everybody who keeps saying its a scam, the **** off and get out. OP you might get more help in the military section
Old 06-26-2010, 07:28 PM
11 Second Club

how much does it cost to bring a dog back anyway?? im just not understanding why he cannot afford to do this on his own.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:02 PM
12 Second Club

From what I've read, it can cost upwards of $1,000 to ship a dog overseas.

I find it VERY hard to believe that he can't come up with the money himself. If he can't part with that kind of cash, then it's obviously not worth it and he should cease asking for "donations."
Old 06-26-2010, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Don't you get a check from the Army from being over there? Why can't he use HIS money?

People sneak **** back all the time, if he wants he can find a way. My dad was in the Army and there were plenty of ways to bring stuff back, but then again that was years and years ago.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Mods- Can you move this to the MIL section please?

I was born on Al Taji Military Base. I had sort of a rough puppyhood. There were bad people that shot at and threw rocks at me. I hated it until one day U.S. Air Force NCOs came to my rescue, gave me a name, and got me registered with the US Army as a Force Protection Dog.

I used to live on the the Iraq Army side of the base with my U.S. counterparts until recently. Now I stay in my handler's (Jason Krivda) CHU (containerized housing unit). He worked it to where I can stay in his CHU each night and go work on the Iraq side each day as a force protection dog. I have a nose for Iraqis. It's great! No more sleeping out in the hot dirt at night all alone and caged up. Now I get a great night of rest on my dog bed and re-energized for work the next day on the IA side.

I work in the heat most of the day, guarding the humans, but I am well taken care of. The humans usually let me hang out in the office from about 1300 until we leave. I always have fresh water and food in my yard, on the IA side as well as the coalition side.

Now I am trying to move to The States. My handler is working out all the issues to try to get me there. He is going to take me in as his own. I really hope he and others can make this happen. Once he leaves I dont know who will take care of me. There are four choices the army gave him and they get progressively worse:
1. Send me to another FOB (forward operating base), where my well being is uncertain
2. Have me adopted buy Iraqis. This is out of question!
3. Let me loose outside of the base, where I will have to take my chances on my own. I will surely die in this option. I don't know how to survive on my own
4. Send me to doggy heaven (euthanasia)

As you can see #5 is best, SEND ME TO THE STATES. Where I will be well taken care of in Florida with Jason and Yahzee.

So I ask you please donate to my cause. It is going to be a very expensive mission.

Thank You,
Lucky

The cost to be shipped will be somewhere between $4000-$6000

Quick Reply: FB people: Add and help this dog get to the states.