Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

AF new PT testing, who else has a squadron full of fatties?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tording99Z28
The PT system in the military is there to ensure the members are combat ready correct? ... BULLSHIT!!! 90's on their PT tests and they couldn't high crawl 30 yards!!
tording99Z28, paraphased a little bit. haha. but i completely agree with what you send. am i in good shape, yes. will i ever get a 90, no. i am 6'1 and 195 pound. the only thing i really like about the new test is they redid the waiste scores. old system with a 35-36" wiast, losing a lot of points. now, if i say at 35, i get max point.

Originally Posted by samuel642000
Jesus, and I thought the Navy PT tests were a joke. We have a lot of fatties in my unit and I can't stand it. IMO the worst thing the Navy ever did was allowing people to exchange the run for riding a stationary bike. Lots of lazys do that because they can't run. Our minimums are set up by age, and there are alot more of them in the Navy, 18-24 is my age range (24). Been training for buds for the 6 months and got an outstanding high score on my last pt test. 104 push ups, 108 situps, 1.5 in 8:22. and I'm 6'2'' 200lbs and have long arms also.
let me guess, you did 104/108 in 2 mins. we do ours in one minute. and i would bet you with the our new test you would even get 60 pushups in one minute. we now have government contractors that watch you do them, and if it is not PERFECT BY THE BOOK, is does not count. i have seen serval guy in SF (JTAC, Pararescue, Combat Control, and SOWT) who were doing over 70 something push ups and sit ups under the old standard, not even get to 40 in the new.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gorge
Here in DM, every Friday they go for a full battle rattle 5 mile hike on the mountain. not fun, not for me... got to be a lil to like that
that's nothing crazy, just staying proficient.

Originally Posted by Reject
I really wanted EOD coming in!
go for it.

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
let me guess, you did 104/108 in 2 mins. we do ours in one minute. and i would bet you with the our new test you would even get 60 pushups in one minute. we now have government contractors that watch you do them, and if it is not PERFECT BY THE BOOK, is does not count. i have seen serval guy in SF (JTAC, Pararescue, Combat Control, and SOWT) who were doing over 70 something push ups and sit ups under the old standard, not even get to 40 in the new.
i don't know any operators that can't reach way over 40 PU in 60 sec, the ones i know here and the ones i knew from hurby would be very confused by your claims. i personally have done 70+ with the HAWC staff both here and in Fl.

by SF did you mean AFSOC?
Old 02-01-2011, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sparky1397r
i don't know any operators that can't reach way over 40 PU in 60 sec, the ones i know here and the ones i knew from hurby would be very confused by your claims. i personally have done 70+ with the HAWC staff both here and in Fl.

by SF did you mean AFSOC?
i mean AFSOC.

but with HAWC, it depends on the people giving the test. so will give you more benefit of the doubt and leeway with how far done you have to go. here at Dyess, they are STRICT about it. a JTAC (from Ft Hood) i know said he tough he said his normal 72 P/U. when he was done the staffer said, he did 38. out HAWC personnell want you to be about 7 to 8 inches of the ground. they give you a "perfect push up" thins that clicks when you chest hits it.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jarheadtex
What did you think about the CFT? I really like it as a change of pace to the PFT. We alternate them so every six months my training shifts to what test I am preparing for = a change of pace ... i like it....
It was a pretty good smoke if you give it your all. I enjoyed it, but it doesn't really count for anything with me being in the Air Force, so it's a good pt mix. Most of the days for me are just a run. Movement to contact showed our fatties, ammo lifts showed our weak guys, and movement under fire felt like it just finished us off.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tording99Z28
You know there are people who have serious back problems and are phycially incapable of running long distances because of it? Yes some people do it because they are lazy, others have no choice. Just sayin.
I understand that, but the majority of people I have seen, are just lazy and can't/dont want to run.

Originally Posted by Compg
Damn impressive numbers man. But y'all get 2 minutes for your P/U's and S/U's don't you? Very good run time though, **** beats my best by easily a minute (9:34). And yeah, I'm 6' and 190 with monkey arms as well. Deff. makes push-up interesting with long *** arms. My chest usually hits the ground at the same time I'm breaking 90*.
Tate
Thank you sir, yeah 2 min for both. We have one of the teams here that I am fortunate enough that they let me workout out with them and get in shape. They make you do every thing right, my chest hits my partners fist for a rep to count.

Originally Posted by 99tastallionkiller
Whats killing people is failing one part fails the whole thing. I know its not hard for most but there are a few people out there that can't do setups or pushups to save their life. My medical squadron is one of them and from last count we have 30% failing now compared to 6 from the old test. Why its the pushups or setups. I got a 95 so im not concerned but I have a troop that couldn't do 25 plus setups his composite score was a 79 but he still failed.
I just don't understand how either can be a problem to be in the military, core strength is very important no matter what you are doing.

Originally Posted by jarheadtex
I think every branch has their share of scary chicks. With only 202,000 Marines ours are just more noticeable...ha ha, but I have definitely seen plenty of HOT female Marines.
This is true, but I have seen hotties in every branch

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
tording99Z28, paraphased a little bit. haha. but i completely agree with what you send. am i in good shape, yes. will i ever get a 90, no. i am 6'1 and 195 pound. the only thing i really like about the new test is they redid the waiste scores. old system with a 35-36" wiast, losing a lot of points. now, if i say at 35, i get max point.

Yep 2 minutes, I am normally around 70 or so at one minute, when I did my PST to get orders to bud/s, after I couldn't do anymore push ups, I had to stay in the leaning rest until the time was finished. (and this was after swimming 500 meters in 11 minutes) The guy counting my pushups was a SEAL and had his fist on the deck, my chest had to hit it everytime for the rep to count.

Quick Reply: AF new PT testing, who else has a squadron full of fatties?