Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

The Few. The Proud. The Marines. Check in here!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 04:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Post them up if you can. Let's see if you got my Cobra in there.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Soon as i get my tmo
Old 05-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Teching In

Retired MSgt. 1981 to 2004. MOS 6072 GSE pogue and 6276 KC-130 Flight Engineer. KBay, Iwakuni, Tustin, El Toro, Camp Pendleton, Cherry Point and took time out 94-97 to be a recruiter on Lubbock TX and Roswell NM.

Yut!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

New drink guys, it's called The Osama. You take two shots and a splash of water! 8D
Old 05-14-2011, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3rd Bn 7th Marines 1st Mar Div. 29 Palms California 1999-2003 A Comm God 2512.

I mostly play with the 3rd gen Camaro. On my second one. First was totaled as soon as I joined the Army in 2006. Must of been a sign... I should have listed.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's more pics. The first blue one was the one I totaled. The blue Camaro had a LT1 swap, shaved emblems and handles and was an 84 switched to a 92 body kit. I'm currently building a LSx for the other.
Attached Thumbnails The Few. The Proud. The Marines. Check in here!-84-sidesm-copy.jpg   The Few. The Proud. The Marines. Check in here!-84-old-apt-copy.jpg   The Few. The Proud. The Marines. Check in here!-92-camaro-c5-brakes-4-2011-sm-copy.jpg  
Old 05-14-2011, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Beauty!!
Old 05-23-2011, 09:41 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Sgt, 7212 LAAD Gunner (Stinger Missile Systems) May 2001 - Nov 2005. Voluntary 6 month extension to finish deployment with unit.

Al Asad Iraq Feb-Nov 2005. Perimeter security 1st month, Convoy the rest, with limited house to house.

2 page 11's for UA (10 minutes late to class in both MOS Schools) Secondaty MOS 5711 NBC Instructor.

2 NJP's for 1) being late to check-in during restriction, and 2) Telling a SSgt that I thought it was ******* ridiculous when he told me Oakleys were "eccentric" to be wearing in uniform.

Meritorious Mast x2, Certificate of Appreciation x2, and a Certificate of Commendation from Iraq. Lt told me he put it in as a NAM, but since the Lt Col and I butted heads a few times, he downgraded it. I guess I was a bag-nasty in school, but kinda blossomed in the fleet.

1st year spent between Ft Leonard Wood for NBC & Ft Bliss for Stinger School, 2nd in Okinawa on Camp Futenma, and finished it out at Cherry Point.

Went security contracting with Black Water for about 6 months, then tried my hand at the Sheriff's Dept. Well, 600 every 2 weeks doesn't exactly feed a family of 5 now does it? I'm now a Health, Safety & Environmental Consultant for Chevron in the Gulf of Mexico. Weird choice, given my background, huh? LOL

Went back to Iraq last year with Triple Canopy when the oilfield slowed down a bit. Was at FOB Delta in Al Kut for that one. Well, bounced between there, Liberty, and Prosperity. Never got to go back to Al Asad since we lost the contract there to SOC-SMG.

I'd like to leave this with a quote, for those of you who are active now:

To all the young warriors, we have passed to you the guideon and the world is now in your hands.
Lead Courageously, Kill Swiftly and Live Gloriously for those who have paved the way before you and for those who will someday follow in your footsteps.
Most importantly, do it for those who have made the ultimate sacrifice, for they are the true heroes and deserve only your finest efforts.....

Semper Fi, Marines.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:43 PM
Teching In

Sgt 0411 with 3rd Bn 4th Mar out of 29 palms, been out there sense 2002 4 years with 3rd LAR, 2 at SOI west, and now with 3/4... Currently deployed but still try to stay on here. i have a 97 Z planning on putting mods when i get back not to sure where to start... anyone have ideas?
Old 05-25-2011, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Now WHY in the F*CK is it so difficult for a veteran to get a job? Veteran's assistance doesn't really even exist. The VA will lie on C&P exams to avoid giving proper ratings and what good is a 2 month wait to see your primary care doctor?? Are they NUCKING FUTS! No wonder Vets commit suicide: You're out of the brotherhood you've grown into a man with, employers don't give a damn if you're a vet, you can't get compensated for your suffering nor cared for by the VA, you find yourself in financial ruin with nowhere to go but the street. I thank my kids for my life, I live for them.

P.S. If you're in, stay in. Either suck it up or switch MOS's. There's nothing for us out here in the nasty World.

P.P.S. **** THE VA.

OK I'm done guys. Thanks for listening!
Old 05-25-2011, 10:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
...6114 Flight mech on Huey's and Cobra's...
310 for the win! I knew you were cool, haha.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tobias05
310 for the win! I knew you were cool, haha.
LOL I still do it and love it.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Swiat34
Now WHY in the F*CK is it so difficult for a veteran to get a job? Veteran's assistance doesn't really even exist. The VA will lie on C&P exams to avoid giving proper ratings and what good is a 2 month wait to see your primary care doctor?? Are they NUCKING FUTS! No wonder Vets commit suicide: You're out of the brotherhood you've grown into a man with, employers don't give a damn if you're a vet, you can't get compensated for your suffering nor cared for by the VA, you find yourself in financial ruin with nowhere to go but the street. I thank my kids for my life, I live for them.

P.S. If you're in, stay in. Either suck it up or switch MOS's. There's nothing for us out here in the nasty World.

P.P.S. **** THE VA.

OK I'm done guys. Thanks for listening!

I was in from Aug 2000-July 2005 deployed in OIF 1 and was there for moral support for OEF in Afghanistan before that. I left active duty and went into the reserves after a shitty car accident, helped me stay in and get some physical therapy even though I was out. I was in an Anti-Terrorism Battalion up here in NY for my reserve Duty from 05-07 and left after 2 years.

It all depends on your qualifications and education, instead of partying and running around like a retard junior Marines should have been pressed to attend college courses locally or online. It will also depend on your MOS and how you can transfer that knowledge into a Civilian Career, yes you can field strip a 50. cal in the field and get the timing and head spacing by looking at it and the feel of the barrel but how can that get you a job?

There is a brotherhood out there among Marines, you still have to earn your way the same as you did in the Corps. EDUCATION is key, there are many state and federal programs to help you get an education you just have to look for them and you'll fid them. They wont give you a free ride but they'll help out tremendously. There are nation wide Job drives with companies, look on the Military.com website for dates and places. Also look into joining the IAVA (Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America) they do a lot for us as far as press veterans Legislation through and Job fairs for veterans.

Dont get discouraged about leaving the Marine Corps and coming home, it's hard and the Marine Corps way of life is not the real world way of life. It takes time and the transisition is hard, people have no idea the trials and tribulations we went through during our time. Your friends from back home will still usually be doing the same **** they were doing years before and they'll al most likekly say you've changed and whats wrong with you. In reality you did change and you've seen the world and some of it aint pretty.

As far as the VA goes if you are active duty DOCUMENT EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!
I can not express this enough, if you have issues with your knees/back/ankles/eyes..........etc have it documented. Go to medical, complain about it and DO NOT WAIT until you are out of the MArine Coprs to go to the VA and say "hey I had this issues after I was hit with a blast while on a convoy" Unless you had it looked at and went to medical they'll never know about it. Saying you went to medical once is not enough, if it hurts botch about it until it is fixed. This is YOUR BODY and you have to live with it for the rest of your life. The Marine Corps may have your *** for the 4-20 years you're in but you have to deal with that annoying knee problem for years after you get out.

DO NOT look at it as bitching and whining being a *****, the VA and benefits they provide are like a form of Workmans Comp for veterans. If you were hurt in the civilian world and hurt your knee on the job you have workmens comp benefits to help you pay for ****. Think of the VA as your workmens comp benefits.

I work with a retired 1st SGT who had issues with his should, 25 years in the MArine Corps and he was one to never go to medical. No he's bitching the VA wont do anything for him. I told him why would they you never bitched about it and had it looked at, as far as they know you did it golfing. All he could say was he was never a sick call commando and who has time to go there and get looked at, I did and I wasn't a sick call commando.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well that's just it, I went to the BAS and even the Naval Hospital about my knees but the VA is overlooking it all. Also there's a pressure to avoid reporting serious issues like knees problems and PTSD when you're trying to keep your options open to reenlist especially to an MOS like Counter Intel. The Corps and especially those "special" MOSs want to retain healthy Marines. Since I got one working week off from field ops to check out, do TAPS and Seps, I just didn't have time to work on or decide in reenlistment much less find a job or a place to live. The Corps released me jobless, broke and homeless and no one gave a **** when week after week I brought up these issues. Instead I HAD to drive Humvee Monday-Friday (or several week stretches) in the field. My command knowingly failed me. And the VA is doing everythin thing they can to keep from helping me. They won't even do a physical for me to go in the Reserves! Only because they decided they don't want to do it.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:02 PM
12 Second Club

If you weren't planning on getting out 2-3 years in advance then you failed to look out for yourself.

I had every plan of re-enlisting until I got sick overseas (viral menengitus), I still had resumes out and was actively searching for a job two years before i was to be released from duty. I financially planned to get out by saving money and would have had my qualifications for a A&P mechanic had I not got sick and been hospitalized for months.

I will admit the Corps lacks severly at preparing people to get out. There is no financial planning classes for young Marines or anything else like proper resume writing, how to dress and a list of other things but there is improvement in these things it just sucks for those who got out before this.

Also your friends and co-workers are your best form of finding a job. People get hired 2-1 by word of mouth vs. advertising.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I know NOW that I shoulda been plan my reenlistment or exit when I had a year or more to go. No one gave me any guidance on that. Showing again that my command failed me.

Around here word of mouth is the only way to get hired. Sadly I'm not from here and I'm married interracially (race seems to be such a big issue here. SMH) so there's not much going for me. There's a few people that have been trying to help but I just haven't had any luck yet.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:51 PM
12 Second Club

If you don't know that you need to take care of yourself and plan your own future then you are in for one long life of let downs. I'm just saying. You and only you are responsible for your success or failure in your life.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow well that seemed pretty harsh. I was a kid then.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
If you weren't planning on getting out 2-3 years in advance then you failed to look out for yourself.

I had every plan of re-enlisting until I got sick overseas (viral menengitus), I still had resumes out and was actively searching for a job two years before i was to be released from duty. I financially planned to get out by saving money and would have had my qualifications for a A&P mechanic had I not got sick and been hospitalized for months.

I will admit the Corps lacks severly at preparing people to get out. There is no financial planning classes for young Marines or anything else like proper resume writing, how to dress and a list of other things but there is improvement in these things it just sucks for those who got out before this.

Also your friends and co-workers are your best form of finding a job. People get hired 2-1 by word of mouth vs. advertising.

Exactly, regardless of wether or not you decide to stay in the MArine Corps you should always have a current resume. When I first hit the fleet my SNCOIC said this from the get go. Always expect to leave the Marine Corps no matter how long you stay in. He drilled into his Marines that something as stupid as a broken ankle can get you discharged from the Marine Corps and then where do you go? Always keep in your mind you need a back up career.

Your Command should have been putting this in your head from the get go and if they didn't you should have known you'd leave some day. You should have spent those days off and days in CONUS in college rather than out partying. You only get out of it what you put into it in life. The Marine Corps taught you to always be prepared and not just in the field but also in life. Have a plan, strategize and always leave yourself with an out in a situation. I dont care if the MArine Corps told me if I went to the BAS I would be ineligible for re-enlistment, you have a right to medical care and they can not take that from you.

PTSD is what it is and I feel it is over prescribed and also overlooked by many at the same time. Yes we've seen some fucked up ****, talk to someone about it. I was one of the first waves to make it home in 2003 and there was NOTHING for us when we got back. I guarantee if you look at the NJP Court marshal records and compare them to today you'd see a huge rise after everyone first came home. We unfortunately were the ones who had to push for this ****. If you have PTSD then the only way to get better is therapy and time, always find someone you are comfortable with to talk to.

As far as the VA they are not trying to screw you, it took me almost 8 months to get in after I left active duty and I started the process before I left active duty. I had everything documented, every T crossed and I dotted and I still had to go through eval after eval. I had more pokes and prods and fingers in places for god knows what reasons. Check your area for a VA outreach center in your area. It also helps to get a VA advocate who can help you with the appeals process. I say all this from experience having a disability rating of 70% because of issues with my back and other **** after a car accident and getting hurt in Iraq. All of which were documented time and time again in my medical record.

Trust me man there is **** out there for you, you just have to look for it.

I will say this for ALL Marines who read this, act as though you will be in the Marine Corps forever. Be the best Marine you are capable of being but always keep in the back of your head you may have to leave at anytime. Build your experience and loook into an education while you are in and on active duty. This helps with promotions and your career goals. BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE MARINE CORPS COPY YOUR ENTIRE MEDICAL RECORD AND KEEP SEVERAL COPIES WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look into getting into the Marine Corps League, VFW, or any other veterans groups you are eligible for. They are always looking for new blood and have MANY MANY resources at their disposal.

Yeah it's great being a grunt and all but what does that translate to as a civilian job? Security Guard? Cop? What about an intel job where can you go from there? Think about a 5 year plan, what MOS can get you into a marketable career? what is a career that is expanding. This is **** that you should always be thinking about and I know hindsight is a great thing. Let me know wehere you are in TN, I have friends and Family in Knoxville, Chatanooga, Kingsport and Nashville.

I will always help a fellw Marine out when and where I can, we never left each other behind while in the Corps and we dont out of the Corps.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

How is Cherry Point these days? I was there for 5 years, that dive strip club still outside the back gates?

I have a good friend working over at VAL on flightline.

Quick Reply: The Few. The Proud. The Marines. Check in here!