Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

The Few. The Proud. The Marines. Check in here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im leaving for parris island july 11th cant wait...mos is 5811..from what iv been reading does more 03 work overseas then checking i.d's back home...cant wait to have that paycheck after bootcamp for a new rear on my 01 ws6 and have it all set up to use after mct for a few days then off to Missouri
Old 01-30-2011, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by seanbattles
im leaving for parris island july 11th cant wait...mos is 5811..from what iv been reading does more 03 work overseas then checking i.d's back home...cant wait to have that paycheck after bootcamp for a new rear on my 01 ws6 and have it all set up to use after mct for a few days then off to Missouri
Good to hear poole. Good luck. And remember, it's all a planned game and the name of the game is Stress. It's not about finishing in time, it's about doing what you're told and being honest. Oohrah?
Old 01-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Staging Lane

2008-present 6531 Ord tech stationed in Cherry Point havent deployed and currently fapped out. I hot rod a 1999 camaro z28 6speed no mods.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Swiat34
Good to hear poole. Good luck. And remember, it's all a planned game and the name of the game is Stress. It's not about finishing in time, it's about doing what you're told and being honest. Oohrah?
hopefully..1st battalion charlie co. still wondering if the "1st men, 2nd marines, 3rd machines" rumor is true
Old 01-30-2011, 06:51 PM
TECH Regular

0231 checking in here in Dam Neck Va.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ss1129
00-present. I just got my first njp thanks to an ******* former Marine Illinois state trooper emailing my driving record to my SgtMaj. He just cost me $3,000 for "looking out for a fellow Marine".
Well, you aren't a "true Marine" until you've be NJP'd..LOL

I got NJP'd in 99 and was restricted to the barracks for 40 days and had **** detail for 40 days. Still picked up SGT in less than 4 years.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

^ Exactly! Great Marines get NJP'd in their first term and STILL get Sergeant! I had to pay $750 and had 14 days barracks restriction. The restriction was the worst since I lived out in town and didn't even have a room! I really only had to stay the weekend with a friend there since we were in the field shooting our new M777s for both weeks! Haha! They took my Good Cookie and a weekend. Pffft. Was a BS charge anyway. How the hell you send someone to a course on another base while he's going through a divorce and having to move out of base housing ALONE?!
Old 01-31-2011, 05:37 PM
TECH Regular

I almost got njp'd today lmfao the Gunnery Sergeant took it easy on me
Old 01-31-2011, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

More like security convoys and a few patrols here and there when actually deployed.

And don't expect to pick up Cpl anytime soon, either.3 1/2 years in, and the score keeps jumping higher the closer I get.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

^ Exactly! Great Marines get NJP'd in their first term and STILL get Sergeant! I had to pay $750 and had 14 days barracks restriction. The restriction was the worst since I lived out in town and didn't even have a room! I really only had to stay the weekend with a friend there since we were in the field shooting our new M777s for both weeks! Haha! They took my Good Cookie and a weekend. Pffft. Was a BS charge anyway. How the hell you send someone to a course on another base while he's going through a divorce and having to move out of base housing ALONE?!
Yeah, the restriction really sucked. They took some pay from me, but I really didn't miss it too much. I remember having to check in to the battalion duty SNCO. I couldn't drive either, they made me walk every where. I didn't get a good cookie either.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Semper Fidelis Marines! I got the Police Officer job I'd applied for! Chief told me I'd be voluntold for the Tac Team and Color Guard soon as I graduate academy. I go to academy in Nashville next month.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:22 AM
On The Tree

6414...been in 2 years and 2 months. Currently about to mark off another day in the afghan calendar. Stationed at New River in Jacksonville, NC back home. Looking forward to getting home to the 95 Z28 my wife picked up for me while i've been gone. Been almost 6 years since i've been behind the wheel of an f-body...way to long!
Old 02-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Banned

not a marine, but come from a long line. actually if i meet a marine when i am in civies they automatically think i'm a marine. my last name is Pendleton if that tells you anything.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by f3racer
...my last name is Pendleton if that tells you anything.
So you're saying you're related to Marine General JH Pendleton?
Old 02-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GA95DCMSS
What a coincidence. I was with H&S Co 1/8 from July 2003 to April 2007. 3 Deployments with them, Some of the best times were had there.
Went to 2nd Tank BN till July 2008
Currently in Quantico, VA
8 years and counting
E-5/ Sgt
2171, Optics Tech
Driving the car in my sig.
Yeah man!! I miss the brotherhood in the Marines man some of the coolest people I knew. Always good times..

Doesn't 1/8 have a boat Company? I remember talking to some Marines from 1/8 somewhere way east of Baghdad. They were manning posts at overpasses and bridges along MSR Mobile. That was in April or May of '04. I was with 3/11 Lima.
We did had a boat attatchment but not a unit at the time I was in but only with Zodes. I was actually one of the guys that went through the coxswains course to learn how to navigate, do beach landings LPD landings and such. It was great going up and down New River all summer long and beach launches were the best over at Top Sail catchin about 6 feet of air off waves sending people flying LOL.

Originally Posted by GA95DCMSS
No, they don't have a boat company, but we got to Haditha, Iraq in June of 04. We had a "company formerly known as Small Craft Company" attachment with us that rode up and down the river. We got along with them and our Combat Engineer attachment too.
Yup. We trained with Small Craft Company. After one of my deployments myself and another Corporal were sent to that unit. We went in and started weeding out the **** bags. Small Craft was a dumping ground for misfit terminal PFC's and problem Marines and was the laughing stock for a long time. It got a lot of attention from the higher ups and we started rebuilding the unit. I am not sure that Small Craft Company still exists. When I was getting out they were already talking that it was going to get dismantled and boats would be strictly Recon.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey I am and always will be a Navy Seabee even though not insisted anymore. Spent a lot of time with marines.I don't know yalls mos numbers but if u are going to ft leonardwood it's not too bad when you get time take a ride down y highway. And if u are into 4 wheeling go to the back of the base to stair stepper ( a lot of people roll) and also hang in out at the beer gardens isn't so bad if u r stuck on base.

Last edited by blown99bergerssclone; 02-16-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just have to pass this story along

I'm good friends with a Gunny that helped me find a job when I came home. We occasionally meet for lunch and both work in customer service so the usual dress is polo shirt with nice jeans or khakis. Besides both shaving our heads with razors, there's nothing suggesting we're military. I have USMC plates on my car and Gunny has the 3+ deployment sticker as well as the USMC sticker on his truck.
There's also a small National Guard Armory nearby and their guys like to wear their cammies out into town and use 'em to get free meals, hand shakes, pats on the back, etc. It quite possibly could've been some Texas A&M Corps guys as well - I know some of the Army Reservists like to wear their cammies on campus.
Well today we happened to run into a group of them. There was no words exchanged but the employees at this restaurant of course gave them their meal for free, hugs from the waitresses, several people stopped by to shake their hands and so on. At their table was four people, all E4 or below, one morbidly obese, two chubby, and the fourth in decent shape but in desperate need of a shave and a haircut.
Gunny and I are just sitting there, smiling and enjoying our meal (that we paid full price for btw). We didnt say a negative word or do anything to provoke what happened next...

This biker guy, on a dirty Harley, wearing bandanna, leather vest, the whole package... also has "Semper Fi" embroidered across the shoulders of his vest and RIP to a LCpl he later tells me is his nephew... walks in. About this time one of the waitresses is posing for a picture between the fat and very fat Army guys. He stands between us and them and says to her "honey, why you wasting your time over there? The real hero's are sittin' right here" and points over to us. He then says in a too-loud voice "Semper Fidelis Marines" extends a hand to me and as I shake it, he pulls me up and gives me the biggest bear-hug I've ever had... does the same to Gunny. I have no idea how he knew but about this time he's in tears telling us about his nephew and how much he wanted to be a Marine but had some medical issue. He offers to pay for our meals and the restaurant manager comes up behind us and offers refunds which we refuse to both.

...as we walk out, everyone in the WHOLE FUGGIN RESTAURANT stands up and claps

...except the Army guys... they just sat there with their mouths hanging open
Old 02-17-2011, 08:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2004-current. Sgt 1142 Generator Mechanic. Korean village Iraq Nov06-Apr07 with the 15th MEU. Ramadi Iraq Feb08-Sep08 with CLB-1. Now on I+I in Battle Creek, MI. Can't wait to get the hell back to the fleet.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:36 AM
On The Tree

Pvt type here, 1371,attached to MWSS-371.I was attached to 3rd Combat Engineer Battalion from early 2008 to late 2009,attached to 1st CEB,2/7,1/7 and 3/4.
I got into a accident in 2009,where my wife ended up in a wheel chair for 8 months.Yuma native so I got hooked up with orders to my home town.

Semper Fi

Thanks
Old 02-19-2011, 04:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Great story VinR1! I met up with a couple Devil Buddies in late 04 back home right after the 3 of us got back from Iraq. Somehow we got ourselves talked into wearing our desert digitals out to a bar having a live band BY THE RECRUITER! Free beer for 4 hours and even left some bottles untouched at our table because there was so many! Our hometown was BFE Wisconsin. LoL Band introduced us as Heros and all...Made me blush. I just don't like to be called that. To me The heros are the ones with the big medals and/or that didn't come back. Had a hell of a night tho!!

Quick Reply: The Few. The Proud. The Marines. Check in here!