Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

so tell me about germany :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 11:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default so tell me about germany :)

ya well because they couldnt send me to afganistan they are sending me to another overseas location and its not iraq..... so they are sending me to Germany..... and i couldnt be happier i got transfered from my infantry unit to a new MP unit they are forming to go to germany without me knowing it. go figure, so i wasnt all that surprised when they called me last week and asked me why i missed drill the past weekend we are going to be on a roaming mission from post to post so i dont know exactly which base i will be at, but i do know that my job will be as the MP's on post. i leave for Ft Lost in the Woods (Leonard Wood) Missouri feb 9th for MP school for 5 weeks.woopy back to my basic training hellhole then around April will hit the ground in Germany for 12 months. kinda sucks seeing as my enlistment ends in early march, but they are gonna let me reenlist before we go so i can get my bonus and the deployment time will count on my new enlistment. also should get my promotion to E6/SSG while i am there. will look good on my resume when i get home seeing as i want to be a cop. sucks that i will miss next season, but at least i will pay all my bills off and have a nice chunk of change when i get home
like i said i dont know for sure where i am going, but i know that it will be over the country. so let me know somethings about what there is to do,go and hang out with some fellow ls1 guys. thanks
Erik
Old 12-20-2005, 12:52 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If you are coming only for a yr I'd still bring the Z. Depending on where you are at will determine a few things. We all race up at Bitburg and the infamous Nurnburgring and Hockenheim.....so if you are on the other side of Germany in Vilseck it'll take you 3 hrs or so depending on the driver. Got a buddy that does it in 2.5hrs but we're doing a buck 30 nonstop too. I love that part.

Plenty to do and plenty to see. You are hrs away from almost every destination and not to mention the food, women, races, car shows and everything else. You'll have a good time. Pay us a visit. www.fbodyeurope.org It's a little slow right now since we're all over the world but come spring it'll pick up like always right before the season starts. We also hang out w/ our brothers or nemesis depending on how you look at it over here mightymustangs.net

I'll be back in a month. I'm Bishkek serving my time w/ benefits.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Was stationed in Giesen, about an hour north of Frankfurt for two years as a MP and loved it!!......all i have to say is AMSTERDAM!!! be sure to go out and visit the cool country side too. Have fun
Old 12-22-2005, 09:08 AM
roy
TECH Resident

Silas
On a 12 month mobilazation tour , I believe Erik will get the shaft. No car , No COLA, No Fun.
Erik I belive you will be following under neath the 18MP BDE. Which is under the 21ST Theater Support Command.
The 18 Hq's is in Mannheim , with units and detachments all over Germany .
21st is in Kaiserlautern
Old 12-22-2005, 07:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by roy
Silas
On a 12 month mobilazation tour , I believe Erik will get the shaft. No car , No COLA, No Fun.
Erik I belive you will be following under neath the 18MP BDE. Which is under the 21ST Theater Support Command.
21st is in Kaiserlautern
haha ur probably right, but with my additional money for being a reserve/guard component we do pretty well. ive got my base pay E5 with 6 years in which is taxable, my housing allowance which will be like a grand about none taxable, sustence allowance, and a few other random things they can get us. after taxes i should be bringing in a little over 3 grand a month. and unlike active duty the reserve components can eat at the chow hall and will dont get it deducted from our allowance. worse comes to worse ill buy a little car to get me around for the 12 months im there and throw it away when i leave.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:43 AM
roy
TECH Resident

Erik, That sounds like a plan . But I still think you NG/RC guys should get the COLA when mobilized for COLA. For you living in the Barracks that would be an extra 240 a month for ya If in Manheim. Not a big chunk ,but nothing to sneeze at either.
Here is a pretty good site for calculating Cola. Cola query
Also let us know when you come over , we might have some stuff going on while your here.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by roy
Erik, That sounds like a plan . But I still think you NG/RC guys should get the COLA when mobilized for COLA. For you living in the Barracks that would be an extra 240 a month for ya If in Manheim. Not a big chunk ,but nothing to sneeze at either.
Here is a pretty good site for calculating Cola. Cola query
Also let us know when you come over , we might have some stuff going on while your here.
cool thanks ill bring that up to my leadership and see what they say. ya ill let ya know when we get over there. ill be the guy with the MP bursar
Old 12-24-2005, 07:05 AM
Teching In

looks like yoy will hit ground over here about a month after I leave. roy and srz are good people. don't leave with out atleast getting a ride around nurburgring it is a blast.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by roy
Silas
21st is in Kaiserlautern
Roy,

Why do you know so much about the 18th? I'm going to be the commander of teh 230th in K-town. I know we will be getting 1 PLT assigned to us from the "provisional MP" unit. I belive the unit being assigned is a FA unit.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Osiris
Roy,

Why do you know so much about the 18th? I'm going to be the commander of teh 230th in K-town. I know we will be getting 1 PLT assigned to us from the "provisional MP" unit. I belive the unit being assigned is a FA unit.
ya the "provisional MP" unit was an FA unit... i got lumped into it. the CT National Guard has gone through a large reclassing/reorginization over the last 2 months. i was in the 242 ENGR BN, they disbanded the BN and only kept one company of 200 soldier and changed them combat wheeled to combat light and they are now the 250th ENGR BN. the 242 was a sister BN loosely related to the 130th ENGR regiment out of Germany, oddly enough. we wore their patch. this FA unit u are talking about is an assortment of none MP MOS's that are being reclassed to MP's for this mission. Osiris PM and let me know what u know about this "provisional" unit, because i would love to hear ur side of the story, seeing as my unit ISN'T telling me a damn thing. thanks
Erik
Old 12-28-2005, 04:25 AM
roy
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Osiris
Roy,

I am the Maintenance guy for the 21st, which now includes the 18th and all sub units. We are just one big happy family

Quick Reply: so tell me about germany :)