Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Moody Afb/valdosta, Ga.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 09:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car will be kept clean, waxed and maintained trust me! But it isn't going to be a garage queen. Thats the car tho.. I'll probably keep that one forever.

As for the Blue demon. Just wanted lower miles... Different colors. I'm young n dumb ya know how that works. I want to make sure I get the right car right now and not have second thoughts later.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Pipelayaz
The car will be kept clean, waxed and maintained trust me! But it isn't going to be a garage queen. Thats the car tho.. I'll probably keep that one forever.

As for the Blue demon. Just wanted lower miles... Different colors. I'm young n dumb ya know how that works. I want to make sure I get the right car right now and not have second thoughts later.
Hell with the money you make on your deployment you could have both, a mod beast and the nice low mile keeper, wouldnt that be nice!, Thats what I would like to do,,,, I will be keeping mine, but I wasnt worried about miles when i bought it, nor am I now, I only put about 4,000 a year on it, plus I dont plan on having the original motor in it for to many more years, its my money pit!! I will probably buy a new car down the road, for some reason I think the firebird will be back at some point in time, just too much history with them, probably wishfull thinking on my part but the way muscle cars are so popular now, I just think were in for a suprise if the camaro sells really good!,,, Just let me dream !
Old 07-23-2006, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ha yeah I'll be dreaming with you. Of course if the T/A is reborn once again it will knock our cars value down and then if it looks really bad *** you know your going to want it. Personally I'd keep my 4th Gen just because IMO 4th Gen T/A WS6's are the best damn looking car. I wouldn't want nothing else right now. Well a C6 Z06 is nice but I'm not Mr. Money Bags. But if they were to make one and I was to buy it I'd still keep my car.

I noticed you got that cam in there... get it dyno tuned? Gimme the low down!

Looking at some heads?
Old 07-23-2006, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

ya if it came back out I still would keep my 4th gen, I agree with you on the looks, but I still would buy a new one. I would wait a couple of years after they cam out though, make sure all the bugs were worked out.... I put the cam in a couple of weeks ago along with headers, had to do with a TSP tune for now, as you know there isnt anywhere close that deals with f-bods so I think me and a guy I work with that put an STS turbo on his formula are going to take a road trip to get them tuned, or I might just buy HP or efilive, since the price isnt much diffrent. My butt dyno says it feels much better!!,, really could tell a big difference,,
Old 07-23-2006, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chad2775
ya if it came back out I still would keep my 4th gen, I agree with you on the looks, but I still would buy a new one. I would wait a couple of years after they cam out though, make sure all the bugs were worked out.... I put the cam in a couple of weeks ago along with headers, had to do with a TSP tune for now, as you know there isnt anywhere close that deals with f-bods so I think me and a guy I work with that put an STS turbo on his formula are going to take a road trip to get them tuned, or I might just buy HP or efilive, since the price isnt much diffrent. My butt dyno says it feels much better!!,, really could tell a big difference,,
Hey, if you do find a place not so far away that does dyno tuning let me know. Mine is running pig rich after all the exhaust, lol. Might just have to dig up a cam first and get it all done in one shot. Did you do your cam yourself? I'll be moving into my house on the 27th. Maybe we could have a BBQ or something. Just a lil something to put faces with the names and such.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LiveDakota
Hey, if you do find a place not so far away that does dyno tuning let me know. Mine is running pig rich after all the exhaust, lol. Might just have to dig up a cam first and get it all done in one shot. Did you do your cam yourself? I'll be moving into my house on the 27th. Maybe we could have a BBQ or something. Just a lil something to put faces with the names and such.
I'll let you know if I find somewhere closer, so far all of them are 4 to 5 hours away. There are some dyno's an hour or 2 closer but I called and all they have exp. with is stangs. If I were you I would wait until the cam, I still think I will just get HP or efilive, saves money in the long run and you can keep on tweaking it until its perfect. Ya I did the cam myself, really wasnt that bad at all, I just took my time, I am a little **** when it comes to the car so I wanted to make sure everything was perfect. When you do yours let me know and I will give you a hand, It would have been much easier with help but my friends were all gone for the 4 day weekend over the 4th. BBQ sounds good,, just let us know!,,,,
Old 07-23-2006, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

I'll let you know if I find somewhere closer, so far all of them are 4 to 5 hours away. There are some dyno's an hour or 2 closer but I called and all they have exp. with is stangs. If I were you I would wait until the cam, I still think I will just get HP or efilive, saves money in the long run and you can keep on tweaking it until its perfect. Ya I did the cam myself, really wasnt that bad at all, I just took my time, I am a little **** when it comes to the car so I wanted to make sure everything was perfect. When you do yours let me know and I will give you a hand, It would have been much easier with help but my friends were all gone for the 4 day weekend over the 4th. BBQ sounds good,, just let us know!,,,,
Yeah, im **** with both my rides, lol. Hence why its taking so long on the build of my R/T. I'll definately need a hand. Never done any work on a TA before, for even an LS motor for that matter. I've been looking over head and cams, but if i go that far im just gonna wait and do the entire engine. New pistons, rods, heads, cam intake....etc. I dont know you you guys feel about it, but the group i hung out with in VA, we would always have install parties and such whenever someone had new parts to go in. Gave us a reason to BBQ and everyone go to atleast watch and learn new stuff.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Also meant to ask. Were you out and about last night? I saw a WS6 with a long haired guy drivin. It was on baytree near the pub and pool place heading toward VSU.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Also meant to ask. Were you out and about last night? I saw a WS6 with a long haired guy drivin. It was on baytree near the pub and pool place heading toward VSU.
No wasnt me, there are 3 black ones here that I know of. One of them is a VSU student which is who you probably seen, dont know him and it doesnt look like he takes care of it at all. The other works in my squadron but his has red racing stipes on it and mine does not. Plus I havent had long hair since the late 80's lol!!
Old 07-23-2006, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, im **** with both my rides, lol. Hence why its taking so long on the build of my R/T. I'll definately need a hand. Never done any work on a TA before, for even an LS motor for that matter. I've been looking over head and cams, but if i go that far im just gonna wait and do the entire engine. New pistons, rods, heads, cam intake....etc. I dont know you you guys feel about it, but the group i hung out with in VA, we would always have install parties and such whenever someone had new parts to go in. Gave us a reason to BBQ and everyone go to atleast watch and learn new stuff.
Sounds good to me, nothing beats working on a car and drinking some beer!! well,,,,, maybe a couple of things :
Old 07-23-2006, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

Sounds good to me, nothing beats working on a car and drinking some beer!! well,,,,, maybe a couple of things :
Yeah, like working on cars and drinkin beer while naked women are standing around!
Old 07-23-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol...you guys have no life!
Old 07-23-2006, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Isn't it sad
Old 07-23-2006, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

If you live in Valdosta and have a life............your doin better than everyone else in this city.........i mean small town.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Eh I been at work for 9 hours and I haven't done shi+. I have 2 buddies sleeping on the floor right now. I think the whole military disipline has gone right out the window.

Thats sucks about that other black TA. Those college kids with their hair helmats kill me. I destroyed a locals civic that thought he was bad *** with his lil roll cage. I sent his *** packing. But he was actually pretty cool about it. He cruises up n down Bemiss a lot its red with A-pillar gauages, rollcage. He claims its a high 12 second car which I have yet to see him run at the track. I guess he doesn't go but when we were messen around I could tell his car had some ***** to it.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Eh I been at work for 9 hours and I haven't done shi+. I have 2 buddies sleeping on the floor right now. I think the whole military disipline has gone right out the window.

Thats sucks about that other black TA. Those college kids with their hair helmats kill me. I destroyed a locals civic that thought he was bad *** with his lil roll cage. I sent his *** packing. But he was actually pretty cool about it. He cruises up n down Bemiss a lot its red with A-pillar gauages, rollcage. He claims its a high 12 second car which I have yet to see him run at the track. I guess he doesn't go but when we were messen around I could tell his car had some ***** to it.
I've seen a bunch of ratty TA's rolling around. They all look to be college kids driving them. Seen a few imports as well but none were goin the same way as i. Im just DYING to get in a few runs. This is killin me here! lol
Old 07-23-2006, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll hook you up if you wanna run someone. Like I said those import guys hang out at Sonics on Bemiss Rd. at the corner of Northside. Sundays at 8pm lemme know what you see. There's supposed to be some 400 FWHP RSX Type-S looking for me a while ago. I have yet to see him but there's a few civics and DSM's that lure around. I've had my *** handed to me by a few Cobras that come out of the woodwork as well.

Dakota are you familier with the local track in Cecil? Check out http://www.sgmpracing.com/
Old 07-23-2006, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

I'll hook you up if you wanna run someone. Like I said those import guys hang out at Sonics on Bemiss Rd. at the corner of Northside. Sundays at 8pm lemme know what you see. There's supposed to be some 400 FWHP RSX Type-S looking for me a while ago. I have yet to see him but there's a few civics and DSM's that lure around. I've had my *** handed to me by a few Cobras that come out of the woodwork as well.

Dakota are you familier with the local track in Cecil? Check out http://www.sgmpracing.com/
Hmmmm, i might have to roll by there next weekend. Its already 9 and been raining on and off today. Yeah, i know of cecil. Havent been there yet thought. A bunch of dakota guys i know on another forum roll up there. They're with a group called MADR/T.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Never heard if em. I haven't really payed attention to any Dakota guys that roll up there. Do Dakota's have potential to be fast? I really don't know anything about them.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

Never heard if em. I haven't really payed attention to any Dakota guys that roll up there. Do Dakota's have potential to be fast? I really don't know anything about them.
Yeah, with the right modificatins they can be pretty quick. For instance there were two guys in our group in VA. Both had SC'd forged 408's. The faster of the two is a 00 i believe, regular cab and is putting down right at 600 to the wheels with a cam that is practically stock and a stock converter. He's working on getting a cam made up, a stall converter and alcohol injection so he can up the boost. With that he will be quickly quick. As far as i know the guys down here arent that deep into it. When i get done with mine it should be one of the fastest dakotas around here.

Quick Reply: Moody Afb/valdosta, Ga.