Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

war stories

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default war stories

well i plan on joining the marines after hs and hopefully get in to the mountain expeditionary force and later to hunt down arabs in place where satan takes his *****(middle east). i was wondering if you vets or current servicemembers have any good stories to tell, nothing too bad just some stuff thats happened to you guys while in the service
Old 01-29-2006, 01:40 PM
TECH Junkie

I can tell a few for my dad. He served in the 1st Gulf War as an F-117 Stealth pilot.

They were stationed in Saudi, and my dad was a safety officer for the squadren. He had to meet with a local bedouin cheif to explain to him that they shouldnt be moving in/around certian area's due to them (117s) doing practice missions at night. During the day, it was safe to move around at night...big no-no. Well, he said there was quite a few times they'd be out practicing and they'd see camels and lil huts light up when the bombs exploded.

Another time, he was flyin back from a mission fairly close to day-break (like maybe an hour). He gets 2 blips on his radar...they're ID'd as MiG, and they arent friendlies. So he finally gets a visual on them and they're comming towards him and are within like 5 miles. He said he was kinda nervous but knew with Stealth he was pretty safe. Now there's no Air to Air weapons in the 117, so he couldnt fight his way out. He said they went flying past him and didnt even think twice. They kept on course and probably were none-the-wiser...he flipped 'em the bird to keep up with International Relations, and came home.

If you wanna read some more, he contributed some stories for a book called "Bandits over Baghdad: Personal Stories of flying the F-117 over Iraq" There's some pretty cool accounts of what some of those guys did during that conflict. Outside of that, I dont have any other stories to tell but Im sure my dad has a thousand more.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/military-hotrod-club-109/
Old 01-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Launching!

Got a friend of a friend that is currently serving in Iraq. Also got a bunch of pictures of what happens to insurgents that try to kill that friend and his squad. Can't post them for many reasons, but one of my favorites is one soldier was in marsh like water and a scumbag was hiding and grabbed him and tried to drown the soldier. The soldier got out his combat knife and gave the Iraqi shitbag a new hole in the neck to breathe out of. Beautiful! Many others killed had explosives strapped to them, so **** em all.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:00 PM
TECH Veteran

from what ive learned a lot of soldiers arent exactly quick to tell stories. theres a lot of reasons why...mainly us civis cant and wont truely understand as much as we may wnt to. hell a buddy of mine when he finally retired from the army (mountain expeditionary force) the base camp he was at gave him the us flag that was flown on 9/11 that year. hes told one story where some french retard was carrying or something and no one knew who he was and well he had a units worth of barrels in his face and one guy with a foot on his neck.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to Thailand and had 8 chicks in two weeks. Two of them at one time.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by captaincamaro
well i plan on joining the marines after hs and hopefully get in to the mountain expeditionary force and later to hunt down arabs in place where satan takes his *****(middle east). i was wondering if you vets or current servicemembers have any good stories to tell, nothing too bad just some stuff thats happened to you guys while in the service
mountain expeditonary force?
Old 01-29-2006, 06:08 PM
TECH Resident

Not even my wife knows my stories.. Its just something I won't talk about and most other veterans I know never speak of it either.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CashMoney
Not even my wife knows my stories.. Its just something I won't talk about and most other veterans I know never speak of it either.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 8-Pack
mountain expeditonary force?
marine forces that are insanely good at traveling though rough terrain and high altitudes and shitty mountains
Old 01-29-2006, 08:04 PM
11 Second Club

I was in 80-84 and I have some good advice.Get an MOS related to the civilian world and go to college,that is all.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:25 PM
TECH Junkie

This is quite possibly the dumbest thread ever. No one wants to tell these kind of stories. And, there is no mountain expeditionary force. This is a retarded thread that should be closed.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

it depends, some guys can talk about it, some guys can't. neither is a better Marine than the other. i'd say find out who from your high school joined the Corps and find out a way to get in touch with them. also ask some of the other guys in the military section. i can tell you that it is definitely an adrenaline rush, unmatchable by anything else i can think of that i have experienced. and you're probably thinking of Marine Expiditionary Force, or MEF as we call it. I MEF baby, YEAH!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 01:35 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slowpoke96z28
it depends, some guys can talk about it, some guys can't. neither is a better Marine than the other. i'd say find out who from your high school joined the Corps and find out a way to get in touch with them. also ask some of the other guys in the military section. i can tell you that it is definitely an adrenaline rush, unmatchable by anything else i can think of that i have experienced. and you're probably thinking of Marine Expiditionary Force, or MEF as we call it. I MEF baby, YEAH!!!
Yeah I was thinking the same thing about about the mountain expiditonary force thing/ marine expiditonary force thing . And like it was stated before most people arent going to open up and tell stories about war over the internet. I usually need to be pretty drunk anyway and I cant type when I'm drunk.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You will learn that when folks get back from "war" they really have no need to tell stories... My uncle, USA for 20 some-odd-years, will still not tell his stories after 22 years of me asking, and now I know why. Stories bring back memories that non of us want again. You well learn my young comrad!!!

DR
Old 01-30-2006, 08:34 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CashMoney

Thank you very much. Live it, forget.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:12 AM
9 Second Club

I agree, it's just not something you want to talk about after you've been there. I mean, there are a lot of people that think it's like the movies when you're in a war. NEWS FLASH-it's not. You think it's some super cool thing that you want to tell everyone about, but when you actually live it, it's a totally different story. All of the "coolness" flies right out the window as soon as the first bullet whizzes past your head and you realize that you are in a damn war and those people are trying to kill you. It's just a shitty position to be in. My advice to you would be to go to college, graduate and get a good paying job.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

not neccesarily(sp?). we all knew we could be shot at sooner or later. somebody has to do it. it all depends on your outlook on life, on how you deal with it. like i said before, whether or not you talk about it makes you no less of a Marine. ahving been a fire team leader, squad leader, and paltoon guide in a rifle platoon in Iraq, i can say that some people react differently. i remember the first time one of my Marine had a near miss with a rocket, and he smoked like 8 or 9 cigarettes in a row afterwards to calm down. the next day he was fine. another one of my Marines missed stepping on a mine by an inch and a half. he took it to heart, and didn't think twice about it. it depends on the individual Marine. the first time i was shot at, i was more pissed than scared. i wanted more to ensure the mission was done and i brought all my Marines home, and i did, and they all have cool stories to tell their grandkids. whether or not they do or not depends on their personality and how they deal with it themselves.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just hate it when you go back home and the #1 question folks ask is how many people did you kill. I mean, come on now. How do you answer that? Ask me about my Trans Am.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
I just hate it when you go back home and the #1 question folks ask is how many people did you kill. I mean, come on now. How do you answer that? Ask me about my Trans Am.
I hear that.. Most of the ***** who ask me that are immature 20 year olds going on 15.

Quick Reply: war stories