Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

meeting with recruiter

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default meeting with recruiter

well next week im gonna meet with the army recruiter and was wondering what questions i should ask him.

i want to go in as a spec ops candidate, and go through infantry AIT. then after that to my 44week engineer sgt training. is this a realistic goal if im physically fit and mentally tough/

thanks guys
Old 03-25-2006, 05:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by captaincamaro
well next week im gonna meet with the army recruiter and was wondering what questions i should ask him.

i want to go in as a spec ops candidate, and go through infantry AIT. then after that to my 44week engineer sgt training. is this a realistic goal if im physically fit and mentally tough/

thanks guys

So you want to be spec ops, infantry and an engineer? first off theres isnt ingineer sgt training..? SGT is a rank you make.. You will most likely start out as E-1 but if you can try and get rank before you come in.. And dont do infantry.. unless you like being cold tired and hungry. And remember your signing a contract that have to uphold but they do not! I couldnt wait to get in now i cant wait to get out. but the army is good for you just make sure you pick something you really like and inlist for a short tim at first... Then if you like it reinlist. And ask your recruiter what mos's are giving the good bonus' besides infantry
Old 03-25-2006, 07:14 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you want engineer or infantry?
Old 03-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Launching!

The recruiter is there to sell the military to applicants and to familiarize you with the ins and outs of whatever branch you join once you join the Delayed Entry Program. Nothing else. The recuiter can't promise you a job or anything else for that matter. Make a list of questions you want answered and a good recruiter will do the rest. The only one that can promise you a job is the classifier at MEPS. It's best to go to MEPS with an open mind and pick from the jobs that you are qualified for and that are available. Good luck.

[/former recruiter]
Old 03-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

Well whatever you do don't be an engineer... lol... I promise you that you won't be blowning up anything ... But good luck on whatever you choose. I get out in 30 days...
Old 03-25-2006, 08:57 PM
12 Second Club

yeah lucky *** i dont get out til oct... But remembe bro odds are you wont see your friends much or family much if any at all.. thats the number one reason i am getting out.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Old 03-25-2006, 11:06 PM
TECH Junkie

wtf is with everyone wanting to join SF lately?

oh and remember if you dont make SF you're stuck as your plain infantry joe
Old 03-25-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Rule #1: Never trust a recruiter. They will tell you ANYTHING to get you to join. Do the research on your own as much as you can before you step in there.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:46 AM
12 Second Club

i got screwed out of my bonus because of a "voluntary" retrain for the same job i was doing... but it was either that or keep the previous job and move elsewhere or get out... and i didnt really want to move im close to home which is nice.... **** pissed me off
Old 03-26-2006, 07:25 AM
Teching In

I am infantry stationed in Hohenfels. Its not as hooah as everybody thinks it would be. I got over here and I was like WTF!?! The benefits are good the pay isnt bad. But the army, especially the infantry will use you up and forget all about you. I know, I broke my back last year. I went from a damn good soldier to a total **** bag in a day in the army's eyes. The medical is ok for dependents but absolutely ******* worthless for the grunt. They tried to tell me I "pulled a muscle" for a year. My advice is stay away from infantry if you really want to go army.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:04 PM
TECH Junkie

go commo, engineer, artillary and then go to SF they have people come recruit from SF all the time, that way if you end up failing out (as most do) you'll just go back to your original unit

my wife is still in and is commo and she got stationed here in hawaii, goes to first formation at 0600 for PT then comes home at 0730 until 0900 for shower and breakfast then back to work until 1130 when she comes home for lunch until 1300 when its back to work until 1630 (unless its thursday then she gets off at 1500) and all she does it sits in an office until someone calls her and says their computer is broke. I would much rather do that **** then go SF rather than do ****** mowing/police detail or staff duty all ****** day. (shes a 25U and I know for sure that people were recruited straight out of her AIT class for the SFAS/SFQC)
Old 03-26-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1gen
go commo, engineer, artillary and then go to SF they have people come recruit from SF all the time, that way if you end up failing out (as most do) you'll just go back to your original unit

my wife is still in and is commo and she got stationed here in hawaii, goes to first formation at 0600 for PT then comes home at 0730 until 0900 for shower and breakfast then back to work until 1130 when she comes home for lunch until 1300 when its back to work until 1630 (unless its thursday then she gets off at 1500) and all she does it sits in an office until someone calls her and says their computer is broke. I would much rather do that **** then go SF rather than do ****** mowing/police detail or staff duty all ****** day. (shes a 25U and I know for sure that people were recruited straight out of her AIT class for the SFAS/SFQC)
Good advice. It does pay to have a better fall back MOS then just an 11B. Nothing against Bravo's, was basically a Battery powered grunt myself for almost 3 year. But outside of all the fun stuff you end up doign alot of BS details and other crap. It's not worth it in the long run.

What is it you like or want to do as SF? Is it the flying around, jumping out of airplanes, scuba, running, What you saw in some movie?

Need to know what you are really seeking to do rather then just "Want to go SF"
Old 03-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Launching!

i was in Commo 31R 31F V4 unless you like the field stay away from that..i am in transportation 88N. now no i am not a truck driver. transportation Mngt. i do port supervision i get paid to watch civilians load ships. its mostly TDY and get apartments and such....its one of the best kept secrets in the Army i think
Old 03-26-2006, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

okay guys sorry i didnt post back to you. my dad was a sniper in Vietnam so ive always known the real deal not like the movies. my brother is a reserve now, so i know all about the hardships.

in the army webpage it has something like this outlined
1. go to basic
2. AIT for 44weeks
3. get thrown with a regular infantry unit
4. airborne school
5. spec ops training engineer school(england or germany i think)
6. spec ops qualifications

other than that i have no idea what to do or what to ask
Old 03-26-2006, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

ohh and guys i was told something along these lines as well

Infantry Option 40
its under 11x i believe
Old 03-26-2006, 11:07 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ask for a Cook MOS. LMAO!
Old 03-27-2006, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok. So you do have an idea of what you are getting into.

I'll ask the retension guy what the program is and all that. HE should be able to get me the exact info. Or a recruiter on this board can help you out.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Richiec77
Ok. So you do have an idea of what you are getting into.

I'll ask the retension guy what the program is and all that. HE should be able to get me the exact info. Or a recruiter on this board can help you out.

thanks man
Old 03-27-2006, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok. the retension NCO doesn't know off hand, but he said he'd look into it for me.

I'm off to Quatar for a 4 day pass, won't be back on the boards to help you out for about 5 days. Shitty chance of luck with the timming here. I'll get you the info ASAP man.

Quick Reply: meeting with recruiter