Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Im curious about your branch pride

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 11:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GIJosh
Craparo,
Hey man I was at Ramadi for a year with the 2nd BCT, 28th ID PA Army Guard. This was supposevly a Marine AO and we were under the 2nd MEF but there was 95% more Army there then Marines...I was out side the wire every day or and sometimes night as an engineer building O.P.s and crap so dont talk like the Marines were the only ones out side the wire.
We all have and had a tough job to do over there.
Haha here is one that`ll get some cages rattled, but I heard a Marine talking about how all Marines are stone cold killers. This same Marine worked as a cashier in the PX/BX.
Cages rattled? Allow me to rattle yours.

I bet that cashier would not leave a man on the battlefield....

I too spent the same amount of time in Ramadi, with 9 other Marines and a Navy Corpsman living with,training, going on missions with an Iraqi Bn. We were attached to and supported by your 2 BCT, specifically a National Guard Bn out of the 2 BCT. Ever hear of a football bat? Lot's of really good people but....two particular instances out of many. First, imagine yourself rolling outside the wire with a plt of Iraqi soldiers riding in the back of one of their half-*** armored, open backed bongo trucks, (this is Ramadi remember) it's just you and another Marine with the Iraqis and a couple of gun trucks from a company out of this famed 2 BCT that you are attached to (they are in charge, provide support). You stop, an IED goes off right after you get off the trucks. Next thing you know it is only you and the Iraqis standing there because all the Army guys hauled *** to there HMMWVs and left and you are trying to explain to the Iraqiis why they didn't stay to help cordon off the area and search for the triggerman like you are suppossed to. Next and the real reason I am compelled to respond to this particular post. Handing out voting information one day and we have been in one spot waaay too long. Tell the Army dudes in charge we need to leave, notice how there were people all over the place when we got here and now it is like a ghost town. Next thing I know I get shot in the chest as does an Army SFC standing next to me, he died in my (Marine) arms. After much chaos, Iraqi (not US) soldiers are the ones that throw me and Army SFC in a HMMWV as they (US ARNG 2 BCT) are haulin *** out of there. Not sure but I would like to believe that the cashier (Marine) would have hooked a brother up if you know what I'm saying. In fairness both of these events happened right after the "new" Brigade got there and really didn't have a lot of time on the ground yet . I don't have a lot of love for the Army National Guard. Combat is tough and things have a way of going haywire sometimes but cardinal rule that keeps everbody going is knowing that if the **** hits the fan you will not be left behind, dead or alive.

Lot's of amusement all over this thread. AF talking about juice bars and bike PT tests.... Oh wait a minute, it was an AF shock trauma surgeon that saved my life. Aim High all you want Air Force, I love you guys.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:03 AM
On The Tree

Gunny,
Im really sorry to hear your story. Im not going to try to explain the actions of those soldiers because they shouldnt have just hualed *** and left you there.
Seriously though, I can relate to your story, the 2nd BCT left me stranded one a job site as well. And providing two gun trucks is NOT enough security for a job at the heart of the city. I was attached to them as well, I dont have anything to do with them anymore.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:06 AM
11 Second Club

Gunny - a lot of what you said hits close to home, and glad you made it through. I can't believe they just took off after an IED went off, wow. Definitely not the way we operate. You also know my opinion, as a Marine, on the second incident. Some of the IA's we worked with were pretty good, and definitely are standing up for themselves, towards the end felt a lot better being out with them than when I first arrived.

GIJosh - I was pretty much just joking around, without having to throw true specific examples. I'm not going to say anything more on this subject, especially after Gunny's post.

CAT3 - Yeah, I am not sure exactly how the army does it but I know that even the pogue *** marines do act motivated and live by the same ethos from bootcamp (Whether or not they would perform on the battlefield that is up in the air..). If they are adapting to the same method, then that is good. Whatever makes the whole military better and less loss of u.s. life.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by craparo
CAT3 - Yeah, I am not sure exactly how the army does it but I know that even the pogue *** marines do act motivated and live by the same ethos from bootcamp (Whether or not they would perform on the battlefield that is up in the air..). If they are adapting to the same method, then that is good. Whatever makes the whole military better and less loss of u.s. life.

Last sentence is all that matters. In the end we all wear a uniform. Doesn't really matter what color it is.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:13 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Guns.... thanks for putting it so damn well...

-CLB-8 EOD .... I've been outside the wire once or twice
Old 08-26-2006, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

this wire yall are speaking of.... is this the wire to stand behind to form a line for the PX?????
Old 08-27-2006, 01:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

the few the proud the........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycc-3E7K2EY
Old 08-27-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Veteran

holy crap i didnt think this would blow up like this. some good stuff guys.
gunny- just wow... i cant put it into words because itll jus come out wrong but thanks for everything.
to whoever said the a/f gets nukes.... so does the navy, even the phantoms were outfitted at one point to carry nukes.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Prior Service U.S. ARMY ..... Now KBR
Old 08-28-2006, 04:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

My best friend from back home who was in the Army just passed this week. When we were at the funeral service in Chicago the soldiers doing his memorial service forgot the rifles for his 21 gun salute. ******* awsome.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:45 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go Army, beat Navy.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
Prior Service U.S. ARMY ..... Now KBR
Awesome quotes in your sig
Old 08-28-2006, 08:25 PM
Teching In

ITS BEEN SAID BEFORE , BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD TELL YOU GUYS AGAIN Marines
Old 08-28-2006, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

My best friend from back home who was in the Army just passed this week. When we were at the funeral service in Chicago the soldiers doing his memorial service forgot the rifles for his 21 gun salute. ******* awsome.
that cant be the whole story..... somthing must have happened so they couldnt bring them.... how could you forget the rifles.

thats like the colorguard forgetting the colors.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:16 PM
JUICED96Z

Originally Posted by aggiez28
that cant be the whole story..... somthing must have happened so they couldnt bring them.... how could you forget the rifles.

thats like the colorguard forgetting the colors.
I knew a guy that was 101st Air Assault and he went on a fire fight training mission and from what he said that officer that was supposed to put in the order for the ammo (no sure on the correct millitary term or how its done) well forgot..... and they all went out and had to ammo waiting....
Old 08-29-2006, 07:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

I knew a guy that was 101st Air Assault and he went on a fire fight training mission and from what he said that officer that was supposed to put in the order for the ammo (no sure on the correct millitary term or how its done) well forgot..... and they all went out and had to ammo waiting....
now i can see that happening....

my unit was out at 29 palms once and we walked a few miles out to the hand granade range. well we got there and we had the hand granades but we didnt have the Blue bodies (fake practice granades)
so we sat out there all day (it was pretty damn hot) waiting for them because they wouldnt let us throw real ones w/o practicing with the fake ones
they never did get any and we walked back
Old 08-29-2006, 04:45 PM
JUICED96Z

Originally Posted by aggiez28
now i can see that happening....

my unit was out at 29 palms once and we walked a few miles out to the hand granade range. well we got there and we had the hand granades but we didnt have the Blue bodies (fake practice granades)
so we sat out there all day (it was pretty damn hot) waiting for them because they wouldnt let us throw real ones w/o practicing with the fake ones
they never did get any and we walked back
Why not zip tie the pins in or make sure they are in there really good and throw them?

Or just find some good sized rocks that are about the same size and weight
Old 08-29-2006, 09:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anyone here do 'specialties.' Not playing favorites (my cuz is in the army) but the Navy Seals seem like they haul ***. Hell week sounds ridiculous. I'de love to say i was part of their crew, but I'm not a good swimmer-i wouldn't make it. I plan on going to either the airforce or the marines-both for different reasons. If i do well enough on my ACT i will look at the airforce acadamy. I prolly won't get in because i don't know how to spell academy(?). My dream would be to get my wings. My uncle served in the Marines for 20 some + yrs. We have pictures of him comming off air force 1 w/ pres. Reagon. and some w/ him at camp david w/ reagon. The green berets seem like they're badasses too. What also made me curious was a guy that lives a few towns down. One of my friends mom went to school w/ him and apparantly he became a mercenary. I don't know if that has truth to it but i've heard it from tons of older people (including one other who went to school w/ him). he's a monster (size wise). He also has a huge house and 2 hummers. How the hell do you get to be a mercenary? It sounds risky as hell to me. I don't kno.. I'm only a Sophmore and 16. I just hope to make it to the acadamy and get wings. If not it will be marines. they're pimps. Sorry for the huge post... does anyone have some info to these questions.. I'll be interested to hear.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:40 PM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

Make a new thread with those questions stated a little more clearly with some spacing and not just in one big paragraph. You would have to hijack this thread to get them all answered. Once you do that we will start answering.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gunny
Cages rattled? Allow me to rattle yours.

I bet that cashier would not leave a man on the battlefield....

I too spent the same amount of time in Ramadi, with 9 other Marines and a Navy Corpsman living with,training, going on missions with an Iraqi Bn. We were attached to and supported by your 2 BCT, specifically a National Guard Bn out of the 2 BCT. Ever hear of a football bat? Lot's of really good people but....two particular instances out of many. First, imagine yourself rolling outside the wire with a plt of Iraqi soldiers riding in the back of one of their half-*** armored, open backed bongo trucks, (this is Ramadi remember) it's just you and another Marine with the Iraqis and a couple of gun trucks from a company out of this famed 2 BCT that you are attached to (they are in charge, provide support). You stop, an IED goes off right after you get off the trucks. Next thing you know it is only you and the Iraqis standing there because all the Army guys hauled *** to there HMMWVs and left and you are trying to explain to the Iraqiis why they didn't stay to help cordon off the area and search for the triggerman like you are suppossed to. Next and the real reason I am compelled to respond to this particular post. Handing out voting information one day and we have been in one spot waaay too long. Tell the Army dudes in charge we need to leave, notice how there were people all over the place when we got here and now it is like a ghost town. Next thing I know I get shot in the chest as does an Army SFC standing next to me, he died in my (Marine) arms. After much chaos, Iraqi (not US) soldiers are the ones that throw me and Army SFC in a HMMWV as they (US ARNG 2 BCT) are haulin *** out of there. Not sure but I would like to believe that the cashier (Marine) would have hooked a brother up if you know what I'm saying. In fairness both of these events happened right after the "new" Brigade got there and really didn't have a lot of time on the ground yet . I don't have a lot of love for the Army National Guard. Combat is tough and things have a way of going haywire sometimes but cardinal rule that keeps everbody going is knowing that if the **** hits the fan you will not be left behind, dead or alive.

Lot's of amusement all over this thread. AF talking about juice bars and bike PT tests.... Oh wait a minute, it was an AF shock trauma surgeon that saved my life. Aim High all you want Air Force, I love you guys.
Did they evac you to Balad AB/LSA Andaconda? I was there for 4 months, I've been to the hospital many times. They have a really nice hook up there. Good to hear you came out alright. Sniper?

Quick Reply: Im curious about your branch pride