Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 11:31 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are on point there slowpoke....
Old 09-01-2006, 04:56 AM
11 Second Club

11 bravo -yeah that was operation "phantom fury"... i thought something along the lines of the 82nd had fallujah and lost control of it so they had to get marines to take the city back over (who better than uncle sams bullet sandbags). but im not 100% on the unwinding of events i kind of forgot now.

as far as i know, import slayer is a DI. im surprised that is all he said

edit --

afaik AF chicks are the best, all around
Old 09-01-2006, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Or just find some good sized rocks that are about the same size and weight
thats what we were practicing with lol
but someone decided that wasnt good enough.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

I have worked with other branches of the service and have had nothing good to say about any of them. So I keep my mouth shut. Every one knows who the best of the best are. I see the young American public probobly a little better than the average military serviceman. The American public wants the Marine Corps. The Army has 5x more money, equipment and bodies to get the job done with, but the Marines do it better every time. We are the dogs who have been keeping the wolves away from Americas doorstep for over 200 years. I asked the Sgt Maj Estrada, just the other day, why the Marine Corps, who is an assault force, still in Iraq with the Army. He replied that senior Army advisors told Donald Rumsfeld that the Army cannot do their job without the Marines. The Army is supposed to be the sustaining force after the assualt force blows down the god damn door. whhhoooooaahhh
Old 09-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by PI HAT
I have worked with other branches of the service and have had nothing good to say about any of them. So I keep my mouth shut. Every one knows who the best of the best are. I see the young American public probobly a little better than the average military serviceman. The American public wants the Marine Corps. The Army has 5x more money, equipment and bodies to get the job done with, but the Marines do it better every time. We are the dogs who have been keeping the wolves away from Americas doorstep for over 200 years. I asked the Sgt Maj Estrada, just the other day, why the Marine Corps, who is an assault force, still in Iraq with the Army. He replied that senior Army advisors told Donald Rumsfeld that the Army cannot do their job without the Marines. The Army is supposed to be the sustaining force after the assualt force blows down the god damn door. whhhoooooaahhh

You should have followed your rules a litte better and not typed it either I salute your enthusiasm though, and your belief in your superiors!
Old 09-04-2006, 10:32 AM
TECH Regular

who here is Infantry? Just curious
Old 09-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by tranzam01
Do a search in this forum, its been covered at least once and IIRC there were a couple pages....
Old 09-04-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by craparo
as far as i know, import slayer is a DI. im surprised that is all he said
I am an ex-drill sgt. The difference is that some of us don't get swollen heads because of the hat, and others do. Commonly referred to as the small ***** syndrome.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by PI HAT
Old 09-04-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by craparo
11 bravo -yeah that was operation "phantom fury"... i thought something along the lines of the 82nd had fallujah and lost control of it so they had to get marines to take the city back over (who better than uncle sams bullet sandbags). but im not 100% on the unwinding of events i kind of forgot now.
No, we had it under control. There were no violence or attacks on us after we killed a few hundred of them. In Mar-April 2004, after we finished up our year, the marines finally come to the show and take over, and their commander decides to take the nice guy approach with a town that supported Hussain. Not too smart. I would watch it on TV and get pissed off watching them unravel what we fought to accomplish. They had gotten to the point to where they wouldn't even go on foot patrols. We had some kind of element on the sidewalks 24 hours a day. Again, that is a fact now in the history books being taught in the acadamy, not an opinion.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

0331 !!!
Old 09-04-2006, 04:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
No, we had it under control. There were no violence or attacks on us after we killed a few hundred of them. In Mar-April 2004, after we finished up our year, the marines finally come to the show and take over, and their commander decides to take the nice guy approach with a town that supported Hussain. Not too smart. I would watch it on TV and get pissed off watching them unravel what we fought to accomplish. They had gotten to the point to where they wouldn't even go on foot patrols. We had some kind of element on the sidewalks 24 hours a day. Again, that is a fact now in the history books being taught in the acadamy, not an opinion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallujah

i remember seeing it on TV too a bunch of **** about them not having control of the city, etc. It was like 4 marine infantry battalions and 2 army mech'd cavalry or something to retake the city. why would they launch an attack that size on a "perfectly safe city"
Old 09-04-2006, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ArticZ
What won Desert Storm... Air Power.. Who most of the time goes in first the AF to drop the bombs.. plus we are smarter we send are officers off to war while the enlisted stay far behind..But every branch in my eyes has there good points and bad.. I just think The Air force can conflict more damage on a country then any other branch.. You dont see any other branch Dropping nukes like we did in Japan... But we are all one team ready to go kick some terrorist butt no if ands or buts about it. And if you dont believe your branch is the best you shouldnt be there you gota have that mentality you cant second guess your brach when the crap hits the fan
ArticZ, lettme start off by say i too am Air Force, so nothing im saying isn't out of line only a mere case of putting things into perspective. Each branch plays a crucial role in todays world. Yes the bombs dropped on japan were made possible via Air Power, notic i didn't say Air Force, because at the time 1945 we were the Army-Air Force, as you probably know it wasn't untill 1947 that the Air Force was deemed another branch of the service. With wars like the ones in Iraq and Afghanistan (sp?) there are much more involved procedures that need to be takin, (you can't just go in the and bomb the **** out of a country, pack up and be home before the game is on) thats the biggest problem America has with these wars now. Everyone hates Bush now, but 3 years ago in Mar 03 when he said he wanted to go back to the middle east and set things right and that it may take a while everyone was gung ho (still in the backs of their minds expecting a hollywood ending with no casualties) Our enemys are cowards they hide in schools Masques etc. We can't just go in there and drop huge air artillery (sp) on where we know a couple of terrorists are hiding ,ya know?? Gotta remember all the innocent people and thats where the Army/Marines come in (they do their role) as what i like to refer to as "pin-point punishers" They go in to the buildings, walk the streets talk to the people and find out where exactly the bad guys are, whereas bombs bing drop'll find the bad guys no doubt it'll also find the innocent and such....sorry im gettin off my soap box now....
Old 09-04-2006, 11:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I don't understand is that everyone joined the branch they selected for a certain reason. Some for the excitement of serving their country being on the frontline ensuring our freedoms defense. Others join for the chance of using todays top notch technology. Some choose one branch over the other for 4 years of excitement then to have money for college. I'm in the AF as an F-15 crewchief. I go where my jet goes. I'll never be on the frontline. I have volunteered for convoy details because I do feel a greater calling. Do I wish I had a gun and could kill and enemy with my thumb and forefinger....no, but that is me. My brother was a Marine for 7 years and I respected what they did, I myself could not live that life...not because I'm a ***** or a tree hugger (I'm 6'7" and 280lbs and could kick the **** out of all of you) but I feel that we were all made for a reason. I am one kick *** mechanic...if its broke I can fix it and get it airborn. Some of you are **** hot with a gun, in the thick of it. Some of you are kick *** tank drivers and on the spot artillary. The bottom dollar is we could not get done today without the AF, Marines, Navy and Army (and yes the coast guard). I'm not saying the AF is better, I have seen the good and bad with them all. I wish the AF had the discipline of the marines or that the marines had the better lifestyle of the AF or that the Marines had the technolgy of the army or that the navy had more shore jobs etc. I joined because I wanted to work on jets. My brother joined because he wanted to kill people. We all joined for reason...remember that when you start posting on threads like this. I respect you all. My job may not be as hard as yours but please don't respect me as I won't you.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
I am an ex-drill sgt. The difference is that some of us don't get swollen heads because of the hat, and others do. Commonly referred to as the small ***** syndrome.
so you didn't instill in your recruits that they were the best? you didn't pump up their chests, even a little bit?
Old 09-05-2006, 12:12 AM
TECH Resident

so you didn't instill in your recruits that they were the best? you didn't pump up their chests, even a little bit
sure he didn't his recruits knew they were not the best
Old 09-05-2006, 12:19 AM
TECH Resident

could not have said it better myself
Old 09-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Restricted User

Rob M. Good eye pointing out the Army-Air Force in that post.
Other than a couple die-harders wanting to see who can type the best line of STFU Syrup, looks like this thread went exactly where it needed too......in circles, where I would like to believe deep down we all know WE are the BEST, the Armed Forces of the United States of America! Even 11Bravo, PI Hat, Slowpoke, import slayer etc...

How about a twist? What we like about other services, I'll start:

Navy: They oversee the best annex, MARINES! They have some nice shore duty assignment locations (always by water....FWIW I'm stuck in the middle of the Arizona desert for now!). Navy Intel can't be beat, and this is coming from someone thats worked in Intel for a over a decade. My Father was in the Navy in WWII. SEALS.

MARINES: Seemingly superior level of discipline. Initial Entry Force, which is normally where the meat-n-potatoe of getting **** settled is, show of force after knocking the door down. Awesome recruiting commercials, love the dragon vs. Marine! Shorter deployments with more rotations. Marine Recon and Expeditionary Forces (sorry if I fucked this one up, but thats what I am used to them being called IIRC).

Air Force: Quality of Life not seen with by any Marine or Soldier during deployment, and probably not in Garrison either. The "substandard living pay" while deployed to the same shitholes as the Marines and Soldiers, yet they neither of them get paid for living there Of course the Air Superiority...keep em flying guys. Short deployments. TACP's and PJ's.

Coast Guard: Where else can you get so much action while not leaving home for motnhs on end? The only service to be fully integrated into the civil sector, helping out SAR missions, drug interdiction etc. Search And Resuce.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:58 AM
TECH Resident

Other than a couple die-harders wanting to see who can type the best line of STFU Syrup, looks like this thread went exactly where it needed too......in circles, where I would like to believe deep down we all know WE are the BEST, the Armed Forces of the United States of America! Even 11Bravo, PI Hat, Slowpoke, import slayer etc...

Navy: They oversee the best annex, MARINES! They have some nice shore duty assignment locations (always by water....FWIW I'm stuck in the middle of the Arizona desert for now!). Navy Intel can't be beat, and this is coming from someone thats worked in Intel for a over a decade. My Father was in the Navy in WWII. SEALS.

MARINES: Seemingly superior level of discipline. Initial Entry Force, which is normally where the meat-n-potatoe of getting **** settled is, show of force after knocking the door down. Awesome recruiting commercials, love the dragon vs. Marine! Shorter deployments with more rotations. Marine Recon and Expeditionary Forces (sorry if I fucked this one up, but thats what I am used to them being called IIRC).

Air Force: Quality of Life not seen with by any Marine or Soldier during deployment, and probably not in Garrison either. The "substandard living pay" while deployed to the same shitholes as the Marines and Soldiers, yet they neither of them get paid for living there Of course the Air Superiority...keep em flying guys. Short deployments. TACP's and PJ's.

Coast Guard: Where else can you get so much action while not leaving home for motnhs on end? The only service to be fully integrated into the civil sector, helping out SAR missions, drug interdiction etc. Search And Resuce.

VERY good point CAT3
Old 09-05-2006, 01:02 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CAT3

niiice

i know you are in the army, but write one up about them too

Quick Reply: Im curious about your branch pride