Im curious about your branch pride

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 09:08 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by craparo
niiice

i know you are in the army, but write one up about them too

I think it would be as tainted as everyone else BP post, but I'll give this out...

Army: Army Bands are top notch, not joking either. Flexibility in assignments (cant comment on other services). We deploy EVERYWHERE (this is of course a + and - depending on individual). We deploy to sustain the fight, but also provide Initial Entry Forces (Sustainment does get rather shitty though). We have a broad spectrum of forces, Soldiers serving with Waterborne Op's, Airborne, Spec Ops, Aviation assets, and The world Premier Infantry (of course Marines have this area covered as well, but last time I checked US Army Infantry is repsonsible for training other countries Soldiers). We have the best promotion system, well easiest but thats a double edged sword there...too esy for dirtbags to make rank. All in all, the Army to me is the jack of all trades and yet Master of quite a few.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:04 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by tranzam01
who here is Infantry? Just curious
Does Ex-Infantry count? Army is the best branch... it is why we have 80% of the mission in Iraq, it is why an Army General is the MNF-I commander.. it is why an Army General is the MNC-I Commander.... we fight the war, Navy and Airforce are supporting organizations to the Army's main effort. Marines are ok in my book... have kicked in doors with em. I love Jarheads. But in the end... they are still just Navy.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:25 PM
TECH Resident

Does Ex-Infantry count? Army is the best branch... it is why we have 80% of the mission in Iraq, it is why an Army General is the MNF-I commander.. it is why an Army General is the MNC-I Commander.... we fight the war, Navy and Airforce are supporting organizations to the Army's main effort. Marines are ok in my book... have kicked in doors with em. I love Jarheads. But in the end... they are still just Navy
the mens department of the navy
Old 09-06-2006, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

Some people will just never understand. We all talk a little smack, but some of us can back it up. Deep down inside we all just want to serve our country and be MARINES!!!
Old 09-06-2006, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PI HAT
Some people will just never understand. We all talk a little smack, but some of us can back it up. Deep down inside we all just want to serve our country and be MARINES!!!
I guess delusions of grandeur can be added to the list of training regimen marine recruits go through?
Old 09-06-2006, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Come on, Im just playen. Everyone knows the Air Force is the best. I love the Air Force....I mean...I plan on getting out of the Marine Corps and joining the Air Force.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 09-06-2006, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PI HAT
Come on, Im just playen. Everyone knows the Air Force is the best. I love the Air Force....I mean...I plan on getting out of the Marine Corps and joining the Air Force.
I kid I kid, don't get your campaign hat wedged too far into your rectum
Old 09-06-2006, 11:38 PM
Restricted User

I love the shittalking in here and most anywhere. One thing that pisses me off, not using caps when typing about other services (even more so when someone types all l.c. to incude their own branch!). PI HAT capped Air Force, yet Malicious typed "marine recruits", WTF? Thats either some sublimal form of **** talking e.g. disrespect, or ignorance?
*disclaimer: just using the two mentioned above as reference since they were the last couple posters, not directly aimed at any 1 person, but several in this forum. Yes I realize its a personal pet peeve, but it is a matter of respect.

Rant Off.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Take it as you will, I honestly don't care if you think it's disrespect or not. In the same sentence, had it been air force or army or navy I doubt I would have capped it either. Was just how I was typing at the time. Let's find something silly to comment about next time
Old 09-07-2006, 08:10 AM
Restricted User

Malicious, I do find it disrespectful, at the service level, nothing personal of course, but would definately expect more out the Air Force than that, I'd actually understand if it were Soldiers and Marines doing, since we score so much lower on ASVAP and all! Something silly to comment on? Nothing silly, thanks though.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CAT3
Malicious, I do find it disrespectful, at the service level, nothing personal of course, but would definately expect more out the Air Force than that, I'd actually understand if it were Soldiers and Marines doing, since we score so much lower on ASVAP and all! Something silly to comment on? Nothing silly, thanks though.
Have I ever said anything about a Marine or a Soldier scoring lower on a test than anyone else? No I haven't so find someone else to have a pity party with because I'm not attending. I have just as much or more respect for the other branches than just about anyone else. I've grown up around the military my entire life and have met people from all branches, and I have no reason to throw disrespect around to them. I'm sorry that a stray capital letter, or lack thereof offended you. I didn't even realize I did it until someone commented on it.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LMFAO...he said Cockholster!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by silversweetZ
LMFAO...he said Cockholster!!!
What ya do in Lakenheath? Know a few people there....
Old 09-08-2006, 09:10 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Malicious
Have I ever said anything about a Marine or a Soldier scoring lower on a test than anyone else? No I haven't so find someone else to have a pity party with because I'm not attending. I have just as much or more respect for the other branches than just about anyone else. I've grown up around the military my entire life and have met people from all branches, and I have no reason to throw disrespect around to them. I'm sorry that a stray capital letter, or lack thereof offended you. I didn't even realize I did it until someone commented on it.

Looks like someone hasnt read through the pages of **** talking here! An Air Force member commented on their scores being higher, so was just throwing that out there. Actually, looking back, a few of them have posted that. I dont see too many scores posted up though, guess it wasn't worth talking about. I posted my line scores, **** it. Pity Party and not attending, I like that one, and nope haven't heard it before. Cockholster is old school, like mangina and others.

The cap thing, I was taught it was a sign of disrespect when using all l.c., thats all.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Teching In

Cockholster is old school, like mangina and others.
Volun-told is one of my favorites.

Rectal-octal-itus is another. Nerves between *** and eyes get jacked up and the result is a shitty outlook on life................
Old 09-08-2006, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like someone hasnt read through the pages of **** talking here! An Air Force member commented on their scores being higher, so was just throwing that out there. Actually, looking back, a few of them have posted that. I dont see too many scores posted up though, guess it wasn't worth talking about. I posted my line scores, **** it. Pity Party and not attending, I like that one, and nope haven't heard it before. Cockholster is old school, like mangina and others.

The cap thing, I was taught it was a sign of disrespect when using all l.c., thats all.
Well I apologizing for offending you by mistyping something that I wasn't even really thinking about. I know far dumber people in the AF(scores wise) than anyone I've ever met in the Marines, so can't play that card with me. Different branches for different people. I appreciate the fact people join the Marines to go actually fight because I'm not the 'get shot at while deployed' type of guy.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:30 PM
TECH Resident

Well I apologizing for offending you by mistyping something that I wasn't even really thinking about. I know far dumber people in the AF(scores wise) than anyone I've ever met in the Marines, so can't play that card with me. Different branches for different people. I appreciate the fact people join the Marines to go actually fight because I'm not the 'get shot at while deployed' type of guy.

this guy is not so bad after all. I definitly agree with you
Old 09-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Restricted User

Gunny, I've heard the Recto one before, actually IIRC my Drill was yelling at me when I was like 17 or something...not sure its been a while. But, when I read it out loud, I heard a Marine Gunny's voice spit-yelling it and about spit A&W Root Beer on the puter! LMAO.

Malicious, I understand you didnt mean it, really, I was just wanting everyone to understand my take on it, sorry for coming off like a dick. I'm not a Marine, but I am bout deploying and taking one for the home team if needed...I dont know anyone thats actually wanted to get shot at, but have known just as many who say **** it lets roll as I have **** THAT ****. If you serve, you understand your time may come, in some fashion or another, to sacrifice for other American's...whether you wanted to deploy to get shot at, or to make sure those of us that do get shot at get paid on time, have our records straight, fix our trucks/planes/jets/rotary wings/boats/subs etc...your still far better than the dodger out ******* scamming people on the phone, thru email, stalking some service members family, or getting DUI's cuz of the freedoms we provide them. Bout time the generally society wakes the **** up and realizes what WE in the Forces go through and sacrifice for their freedoms, more so the ones so often abused and rarely recognized.

Charlie
Old 09-09-2006, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

lets just all agree to hate every branch

not. group hug everyone, just watch the navy guys.

Quick Reply: Im curious about your branch pride