Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

AF people... whats a good field to cross train into???

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT crosstrain into POL at any cost...career field is horrible and I connot wait to get out. what makes it so bad is the job is rank heavy and at any given shop 85% of the manning is Tech or higher which basically means they do nothing but sit behind a desk all day and make new rules for everyone else to follow. Im currently a SSgt and it is absolutly horrible.

Anyways my CJR just opened up and my waiting list number is 95, Im puttting in a package for Loadmaster, hopefully I can get C-17 and be stationed at Charleston SC accodring to if I can negoitate my reenlistment with those terms. basically all I have to do is get accepted for Loadmaster and then just put Charleston SC as one of my reenlistment terms and im pretty much set.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:37 PM
TECH Resident

Thats funny as hell about the IP
Old 04-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ctucker
whatever you do DO NOT DO SECURITY FORCES IT FREAKN BLOWS but the field is always open

It's always open for a reason.....

Because no one wants it....

That's why the recruiter says go "open general"...
Old 04-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Compg
I was an AGE RAnger for 8 years then did all I could do in the job, got bored and started looking elsewhere. If you want a rewarding job then come down to BMT and be a MTI. I've been down here for the last two years and love the job. The pay sucks like anywhere and the hours are even worse, but you get used to not eating and not sleeping. I can't think of anything else I'd rather do in the AF besides this. Plus the car scean in SA is pretty nice.
Tate
Small world, another AGE ranger here. Had another AGE guy that got out last year.....he was a TI a few years ago, said it was an expereince, sometimes a day being 18 hours long.

Quick Reply: AF people... whats a good field to cross train into???