Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow this is an old thread, i can't believe i found this
Old 11-24-2007, 11:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Damn I miss fort lewis and i was only actully there for like 3 weeks, will be back some time in july. I will be looking for another TA since my wife made me sell mine before i left. Where are some good place to start looking when i get back just so you know i will be looking for a 98 or newer ta has to be 6 speed and would like a WS6 and i want to find some thing under 10K does that sound crazy?? But on the up side of being in the sand box I just got a new MRAP two weeks ago feel pretty bad *** rolling in the big *** truck. Well hope all is well back in washington
Old 11-24-2007, 04:47 PM
TECH Resident

damn we waited to get those the entire 15 months and got nothing.... glad they are finally filtering down... ummm if i were you i would check down south if you want something that cheap. but i did see a 98 sport gold metallic ta for sale on south tacoma way for like 8k
Old 11-25-2007, 04:03 AM
On The Tree

I am on North Fort and just got back to GM from my cobra, Monday will be my first day driving it to work so look for the Yellow Z06 and if you see me just shooting the **** with some buds or something pop bye and say whats up. My roomate has a sunset orange metallic 01 SS aswell so look for us and say whats up!!
John
Old 11-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Teching In

Well I'm not a Ft. Lewis location, but I'm at McChord and I know there are atleast 4 TA's around here. I have been trying to get a car meet going since my wife got me my WS6 NBM June of 07. I'd even like to start a LS1 car club of some sort around here as well. Let me know if your still interested in doing something and when we can get together?
Peace
Dan
AKA Boomer
Old 11-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Teching In

Red TA checking in I work at Madigan here..... I have a 76 Firebird up for sell if you know anyone that is looking. On orders for Ft Benning.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

I would be down for an LS1 club! I know my buddy andrew would be also!
Old 12-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Teching In

Well lets plan a day to get together and work out some details? Weekends are the best for me? I would be willing to drive, but since this would be a McChord/Ft. Lewis thing lets atleast make it somewhere near the bases?
Old 12-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Banned

Just name a time and place. Mine should be back on the road this week as long as my new motor mounts get here in time.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:50 AM
Teching In

raceme@you'dlose.com.... Are you a platoon SGT for the WTB or just one of the soldiers going through the medical process.... I work in the Air Evac office
Old 12-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wein77
raceme@you'dlose.com.... Are you a platoon SGT for the WTB or just one of the soldiers going through the medical process.... I work in the Air Evac office
I'm doing operations/ training for C Co right now. I will get my platoon in Feb. when one of the other guys retire.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Anyone got any ideas? I am totally stoaked for a meet up!
Old 12-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Teching In

everyone check your calenders, and the weather forcast to see when a good day would be to meet up. Sundays for me are the best day due to child care issues, but if anyone doesn't mind I can bring my chatty 4 year old? I mentioned an LS1 meet, but I think any LS would be awsome. Where do we want to meet up as well? IE...... Dennys, Bar, 7 eleven? I don't know if there are anyone under 21 so we might want to make it somewhere open for anyone to attend. Hooters may be a good idea if any of the ladies don't object? This Dec 8th Saterday for an early lunch between 1100 and 1300 works for me, or Sunday Dec 9th for lunch around the same time or after 1800. (I thought it would be nicer to do this in the daylight hours) Anyway let me know whats good for you guys? Also Saterday is going to be a clear day due to the weather forcast, sprincles on Sunday.
Boomer
Old 12-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Banned

If my car is done by Sat I'm down for that. We could meet up at the Lakewood town center there is a lot of parking and a few places to eat but anywhere works for me. Sunday I can't the wife's b-day.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:32 AM
On The Tree

Darn i wont be able to make it i am doing that toy car run on sat at like 1300 i believe if you guys wanted to we could all meet up there and hangout then do the run together
Old 12-07-2007, 08:07 PM
TECH Veteran

What kind of car group are you looking to have? Reason I ask is because we have a strong one now for fbody's and are always looking to help get you to the track or car shows.

Most of us are military or associated so there is always the chance of getting something more organized as a group - shoot me a pm if you are interested.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:45 AM
Banned

I think they were just looking to hang out with some other car guys. I intended to tell them about CCC and Northwest F-Body. Maybe one of these days I'll even get to one of the events.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Teching In

I do know about NWF-B didn't know about CCC? I wouldn't mind starting a new club for other cars? Maybe some kind of LS? club so it would includ more than just F-bady's like GTO's Corvetts and so on.... I am open to ideas, but just a chance to meet up with other fellow gear heads would be cool as well. To me its all about networking if I don't know how to do something then maybe someone else does, and I can return the favor helping them out with their car. It would be cool to try and set up a car show on one of the bases too? If we can get enough people to show up to a few meets with some good ideas we could start something new? We can come up with small meets at someones house or location to make a Texas hold-um turnament to build a pot to start a website or something like that? I am just shooting off ideas but start small and work our way up. Even working out ideas with other clubs around the area for a bigger meet? I don't want to take away from other clubs I just want to add more numbers of us out there. Anyway I am not sure if anyone cares or not, but I thought I would put it out there? I am cool just hanging out talking shop and admiring someone else's ride. Let me know if anyone else is interested, and maybe I need to start a new thread?
Dan
Old 12-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Banned

You can find CCC info in the northwest forum. Most of the people that post there take part in the CCC. Also all the info you need for all of it can be obtained by PM'ing GEARHED. She's on of the Mods in that section and knows almost everybody. I have met a few of them but I don't get to get out to many events the ones I have met are very friendly and helpful. Lets meet up at lunch Monday and we can talk about stuuf.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Well I hope I'm not beeing a pain in the butt about this, but I guess I feel it's for a fun cause. What other way can you get together with other gear heads to hang out, vent about work, and drool over the nice rides?

Quick Reply: Fort Lewis guys