Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 04:30 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do not fight the power...
Old 11-24-2006, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes you can get in trouble for it. No if you do it you are violating a direct order which violates UCMJ.

It makes no difference if you were breaking a law or not.

Look at it this way, if an officer tells you "At ease" or tells you to shut up and you dont can you get in trouble for it? Obviously you can and talking isnt "against the law".
Old 11-25-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 93LS1RX7
Yes you can get in trouble for it. No if you do it you are violating a direct order which violates UCMJ.

It makes no difference if you were breaking a law or not.

Look at it this way, if an officer tells you "At ease" or tells you to shut up and you dont can you get in trouble for it? Obviously you can and talking isnt "against the law".
I understand I just looked at it a little differently. If they can tell someone to turn there radio down in the barracks then I guess they can tell them how to drive there pov.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Splitz
It would be intelligent of him to do as he's been ordered (commanded), or could end up with an ARt 15 for disobeying a direct order from a Senior NCO. (don't know the actual UCMJ Article).
Article 92...failure to obey...and as said, there's always the catch-all, article 134.

And I believe it's been said, you can get in just as much trouble off base as on base...you are subject to the UCMJ 24/7 no matter where you are (article 2 and 5). Kinda sucks but you really can't do anything about it.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Aaron02Z
Article 92...failure to obey...and as said, there's always the catch-all, article 134.

And I believe it's been said, you can get in just as much trouble off base as on base...you are subject to the UCMJ 24/7 no matter where you are (article 2 and 5). Kinda sucks but you really can't do anything about it.
So, I wasn't totally off base then??
Old 11-26-2006, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

"Do not almost spin out" is not a lawful order & you won't get in trouble for it.

If you almost disrespect someone will you get in trouble? No.

If you almost disobey an order will you get in trouble? No.

Bottom line, if you are almost doing something, then you have not done anything wrong yet.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackSuperchargedLS1
"Do not almost spin out" is not a lawful order & you won't get in trouble for it.

If you almost disrespect someone will you get in trouble? No.

If you almost disobey an order will you get in trouble? No.

Bottom line, if you are almost doing something, then you have not done anything wrong yet.

see posts #19 & #20, and ask yourself is it worth the fight? only you can answer that, so think long and hard about before you take any action.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:38 PM
TECH Regular

I wouldn't personally listen to it but then again I really don't go hard out of the parking lots and all that because I'm too fearful of the wannabe badass 5-0 on base who have nothing better to do.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've read all the posts to this point and some of them have merit. Here's the deal: perception is reality. If your 1st Sgt perceives that you're spinning, or almost spinning, your tires... then you are. You're not going to change is his mind 'til he thinks he has good reason to. Good luck with that.

How's his relationship with the officers (if that matters)? Can he charge you with UCMJ violatoins? Sure he could... if he really wanted. Anyone who thinks he can't has obviously never operated at that level.

I've been a Company 1st Sgt and can attest that people never wanted to almost **** me off since it was practically the same as going all the way. BTW, I've confiscated keys to both cars and motorcycles for Marines in my Company. I was never repremanded by my COs or remotely got a sideways glance from them.

So, here's the question: Do you really want to "almost" **** off your 1st Sgt?

Marc
GySgt, USMC (ret.)
Old 11-26-2006, 09:51 PM
TECH Addict

another thing to consider is your mods. if you have anything illegal(ie no cats, etc, all the way down to bald tires or bad windshield wipers), you're better off not fighting it because you'll loose in the long run.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by import slayer
tell him to pack sand up his ***. As long as you are not peeling out they can not tell you ****. His rank does not make him right. People in the military often think that just because they out rank someone they are automatically right which is BS. Keep driving the way you are
Good advice, considering your not going to be standing on the carpet.
Any way to the point, just keep it at idle. On post is a max of 35 anyway, don't try to get 35 in the first second. So just keep the peace and don't wind it out.. I wasn't there but chances are I would have said something to, if not the CSM will to the 1SG and then down the hill. So better to solve it the first time. Take care and stay out of the lane.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:49 AM
TECH Resident

Two words that can fix all this.....SHORT SHIFT, take first to 15mph and then shift to 3rd or second....
It keeps the R's down thus keeping the noise and attention down.
Don't bone up against any of them cause they can hit you with so much at once you will never know what hit you.....
They can ban you from driving on post, hit you with UCMJ...It's not worth it.....Believe me I know from first hand when I bought my first TA....I bought a 71(?) and would hit it anytime I could.....Next thing I know I am in the CDR's office getting my keys taken, and hit with an ART 15.......Just play it kewl bro they will forget about it eventually....
Old 11-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Launching!

well my 1st sergeant told me He was going to take me to the mp station and have them check my exhaust cause he said its too loud, but i spoke with the mp's and the local police and they said they cant do any thing about it. They have to use a decibal meter here in oklahoma but there is no way that they could ever afford one so there was no way to prove it was too loud. Oh yeah by the way. my car is really loud and I love it.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

its not the local police you have to worry about(unless your command is friends with them). they have no jurisdiction on a military base, nor do local, or state laws apply on base since its federal property. its kinda like a post office. you commit a crime at a post office, you wont do state time, you'll do fed time. now whether or not the provost marshall will enforce every federal law, thats a different story. of course no base is going to buy decibel meters to bust the 3 hot-rodders on base with loud cars. however, that doesnt mean an NCO or above cant charge you with something. its just not worth the fight, IMO. drive slow/quietly on base, then let it rip once you're off. true , they can say something to you, but 9 times out of 10 they wont because they see that your are respecting their authority by not being loud ON base.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by slowpoke96z28
its not the local police you have to worry about(unless your command is friends with them). they have no jurisdiction on a military base, nor do local, or state laws apply on base since its federal property.
Not true everywhere.....so I found out at Charleston AFB. I was pulled over ON BASE because a county cop said my radio was too loud with the Ttops off (while driving on base). Local cops have jurisdiction here (as well as SP's). Personally I think it's horse ****.

Investigating further.....they have had this for a few years now. If you get a ticket on base it goes on your license just like you were off base. Meanwhile.......North Charleston is one of the highest ranked for violent crime in the nation [/end rant]

To the original poster, like it has been said before. They got ya by the *****. No matter what, it's your word against his. We all know who wins that battle.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by slowpoke96z28
...they have no jurisdiction on a military base, nor do local, or state laws apply on base since its federal property.
Not always true. On Marine Corps installations, your vehicle must comply with the state vehicle codes where the installation is located. So... it doesn't always matter where your vehicle is registered (us military folks love the out of state registration).

For years I got by with really dark tint in a Camaro I owned because the state I had it registered in didn't have any tint laws. That finally caught up with me when my based decal expired and I went to renew it. An MP measured how dark my tint was and told me I failed for the state where I was stationed. He then showed my a new Marine Corps order that stated that your vehicle now has to conform to the codes of the state where the installation is located. That sucked 'cause I had to have my tint removed and legal stuff put in.

Also, depending on the installation, some local law enforcement branches have juristiction on base.

Marc
Old 11-28-2006, 11:59 PM
TECH Addict

good gouge. didn't know that. thats a new one to me. there's a MCO for it, huh?
Old 11-29-2006, 01:46 AM
11 Second Club

yep. i don't require emissions where the car is registered, but to register it on pendleton it has to pass cali emissions (ridiculous)... eeewh.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:25 AM
TECH Resident

Ok that makes a lil more sense. I read your sig with your mods...and yes exhaust dumped at the axle is loud....anything over 3000 rpms is loud....I have just baout the same set up...You may want to rethink your set up just a hair, maybe shange to some single chambers or somthing....
Old 11-29-2006, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

My magnaflow 4x9's aren't too loud and they are dumped at the axle. Never had a problem with the MP's for mods and I'm stationed on a tiny post with tons of MP's.

Quick Reply: Can he tell me how to drive my pov?