Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Can he tell me how to drive my pov?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006 | 08:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by craparo
Yeah.. time to lay off someones nuts here. I don't know how you guys respect civilians (you know, those people you are supposed to be serving/protecting..yeah them) but even the janitors and stuff and other civilian employees are initially referred to as sir. It is just a general respect thing, you don't have to be an O7 or GS whatever to be called a sir. Would you call a doctor a sir? dentist? cop?
Since when are janitors and all civilians adressed as sir? I must have missed that memo.
Old 12-13-2006 | 09:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by brad8266
Since when are janitors and all civilians adressed as sir? I must have missed that memo.
or you werent raised in the south, or with manners, it is just a general term of respect, regardless of whether it has to do with the military or else wise...
Old 12-14-2006 | 05:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jasonk
or you werent raised in the south, or with manners, it is just a general term of respect, regardless of whether it has to do with the military or else wise...
Yeah i know but reread the thread, one person told the SFC that he would be addressing him as sir. Thats not true, if he doesnt want to he doesnt have to. And no i wasnt raised in the south yet I do have manners.
Old 12-14-2006 | 02:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by brad8266
Yeah i know but reread the thread, one person told the SFC that he would be addressing him as sir. Thats not true, if he doesnt want to he doesnt have to. And no i wasnt raised in the south yet I do have manners.

I am not saying you have to address anyone as a sir, unless an officer walks up to a SFC.. even the bootest 2nd lt. I am just saying in general, atleast here, you don't have to be a ****** lt. gen that you guys play golf with every day to be called sir. We usually use that term to respect all individuals not in uniform, until they give us reason to otherwise not.
Old 12-16-2006 | 01:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by craparo
I am not saying you have to address anyone as a sir, unless an officer walks up to a SFC.. even the bootest 2nd lt. I am just saying in general, atleast here, you don't have to be a ****** lt. gen that you guys play golf with every day to be called sir. We usually use that term to respect all individuals not in uniform, until they give us reason to otherwise not.
I agree, with craparo, and that was between us. Anytime I am in Uniform especially. I will always address the public as sir or mam and hold the door. I have a goal to show that our military still has respect.
Old 12-17-2006 | 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1badchicken
I agree, with craparo, and that was between us. Anytime I am in Uniform especially. I will always address the public as sir or mam and hold the door. I have a goal to show that our military still has respect.
No hard feelings SFC, all I wanted to do was state what you just said, that is all.
Old 12-18-2006 | 12:19 AM
TECH Regular

so, whatever happened with the driving situation that started all this, what did you end up doing???
Old 12-18-2006 | 01:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Tell him his stereo is "almost too loud" and the music coming from it is "almost offending you". :S
Old 12-28-2006 | 02:08 AM
Banned

This Site should be off limit to anybody that is not a 63

Just playing guys...Just Playing...

Quick Reply: Can he tell me how to drive my pov?