Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Stationed overseas/shipping sucks

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 07:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stationed overseas/shipping sucks

Well, i have had about hte last bad experience i can stand.. not only is shipping to us overseas a pain in the *** and expensive, the thing that bothers me the most is dealing with individuals who will not ship to us or even bother to get in a transaction with us because we are over seas.

When i read the "FOR SALE" section, and see someone post a set of wheels for sale for $1000 shipped, i have to just accept that that doesnt mean shipped to me..

Had someone looking to trade a set of TTII's for a set of Prostars, i had the Prostars and was willing to trade... as soon as he saw that i was stationed in hawaii... he bailed on me. i would have even payed for most of the shipping, but he wasnt interested... bullshit

I think from now on, any time i have ANYTHING i plan on selling or trading on here, i am going to post something about it in here in the military section first, and ill be willing to deal with anyone stationed overseas... it might have to take a slow boat, but its not THAT MUCH more expensive.

And whats up with companies on ebay? they advertised something for sale with "$10 shipped to the US" i guess hawaii doesnt count as the US?? cause when they see my address, they refuse to sale it to me at the advertized price..

anyways, that was my rant on shipping... just pisses me off, beause its not like we chose to get stationed in BFE..
Old 12-26-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chrismcdaniel
Well, i have had about hte last bad experience i can stand.. not only is shipping to us overseas a pain in the *** and expensive, the thing that bothers me the most is dealing with individuals who will not ship to us or even bother to get in a transaction with us because we are over seas.

When i read the "FOR SALE" section, and see someone post a set of wheels for sale for $1000 shipped, i have to just accept that that doesnt mean shipped to me..

Had someone looking to trade a set of TTII's for a set of Prostars, i had the Prostars and was willing to trade... as soon as he saw that i was stationed in hawaii... he bailed on me. i would have even payed for most of the shipping, but he wasnt interested... bullshit

I think from now on, any time i have ANYTHING i plan on selling or trading on here, i am going to post something about it in here in the military section first, and ill be willing to deal with anyone stationed overseas... it might have to take a slow boat, but its not THAT MUCH more expensive.

And whats up with companies on ebay? they advertised something for sale with "$10 shipped to the US" i guess hawaii doesnt count as the US?? cause when they see my address, they refuse to sale it to me at the advertized price..

anyways, that was my rant on shipping... just pisses me off, beause its not like we chose to get stationed in BFE..
Hit me up, if I can help you out brother. I will be your middle man, You know it's cheaper for us to ship to each other. I know it sucks. But we can use the APO system. The reason why though is because even tracking gets lost once the military takes over.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

yea i appreaciate it brother. i have family back home in texas that can middle man for me, its just the principle of it. You know, im the one who came up with this Military forum idea, https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-support-resources/409679-ls1tech-military-section.html

and i think im going to propose a military "for sale" section. I think it would allow for us to deal with others who understand the problems with shipping, because 90% of folks in the military who more than 9 or 10 years in have probably been stationed over seas.

I think it would also be a great oprotunity for venders to offer "group military" sales, or military specials. I know several venders allready have military discounts, but who knows. A monthly MILITARY specialmight be cool too. Maybe even get a vendor to cut us a break on shipping!! that would make it all worth it right there.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea i appreaciate it brother. i have family back home in texas that can middle man for me, its just the principle of it. You know, im the one who came up with this Military forum idea, https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409679

and i think im going to propose a military "for sale" section. I think it would allow for us to deal with others who understand the problems with shipping, because 90% of folks in the military who more than 9 or 10 years in have probably been stationed over seas.

I think it would also be a great oprotunity for venders to offer "group military" sales, or military specials. I know several venders allready have military discounts, but who knows. A monthly MILITARY specialmight be cool too. Maybe even get a vendor to cut us a break on shipping!! that would make it all worth it right there.
i agree, Plus this would give us a easier way to do buisness with each other.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:18 PM
JUICED96Z

Thats odd, when were shipped stuff to my dad when he was over in OIF it was not that expensive...., shipped heavy boxes of snakes and stuff.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Thats odd, when were shipped stuff to my dad when he was over in OIF it was not that expensive...., shipped heavy boxes of snakes and stuff.
It's not always about being expensive, it's about the reliability. Even if you track it overseas, it will stop being tracked when the military takes over.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea i appreaciate it brother. i have family back home in texas that can middle man for me, its just the principle of it. You know, im the one who came up with this Military forum idea, https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409679

+1 on the mil for sale section. that would be awesome to ship something here sux ***.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:10 AM
roy
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1badchicken
It's not always about being expensive, it's about the reliability. Even if you track it overseas, it will stop being tracked when the military takes over.
That is not true . I am overseas in europe, tracking is not lost . If you send me a insured or registerd package, I will have to sign for it. We have a USPS POSTOFFICE

The real issue is convenience and cost. Most vendors have Fedex or UPS come right to their door and pickup the packages and for a cheaper price. Tracking is automatic.

USPS - Its ran by the government , you wait in lines , fill out stupid paperwork, it cost more and its not convenient. Tracking is optional and costs and not available in all overseas area.

Quick Reply: Stationed overseas/shipping sucks