Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Can he tell me how to drive my pov?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down Can he tell me how to drive my pov?

Today my plt sgt pulls me aside and tells me a certain nco doesnt want me "almost peeling out" anymore? This was after supposidly several days I accelerated to fast and "almost peeled out". I told my plt sgt that its a sports car and it has loud exhaust. I've never gone over the speed limit or peeled out. He said well thats what he told me. The nco complaining is also the acting 1sg.

As far as I know I have never peeled out or givin more than half throttle. I think its due to me winding out 1st until 25 then shifting to 3rd.

What should I do in this situation, because I'm pretty pissed that he's telling me how to drive my car when I'm violating no laws. My car has passed WI emissions twice and CA once so my exhaust is by no means to loud.

Thoughts?
Old 11-21-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Gonna get flamed for this:

Yes, he can actually. 1Sgt's whether acting or no still have the power. Military members are supposed to set the example.

Were you on base? If so, don't peel out, hard accellerations, etc etc on base, just leave it till you get off base. Were you in a residential area where other people work shifts and could wake them up (like a dormitory/base housing area) with your "loud vehicle"? Look at the conditions around you.

Remeber you are in the military, you have no rights, and always have to answer to somebody. Keep that in mind, you life will be much easier.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

That is very true. It was about 3 blocks from housing so not really close. Honestly it was by no means a hard acceleration just winding out 1st but i guess to some that may be?
Old 11-21-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea, to the "un trained LSX ear" it could be misconstrued to be "loud". Mods in my sig and my wife says to to loud that it sounds like it news a new exhaust.

Chock it up to ignorance on their part. Just be careful. Be gentle on the throttle until you get passed those ugly SP's/MP's at the gate... just a dig at the cops!
Old 11-21-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Heh you'd love the road here. Brand new blacktop 25miles of it long straight and curvy parts. But after driving it 100x its getting irratating, except for the curvy part

Its the only road to the nearest city.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:51 AM
11 Second Club

like being stuck in the middle of pendleton, its so "beautiful" to anyone who doesn't live and work there forever.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:46 AM
TECH Resident

Just take it easy on post. Once you get off, drive how you want. The 1SG can't tel you **** about how you drive off post, nor can he tell the MP's. (well, I guess he could, but what can they do about it other than give you a hard time?) Just don't even think about even remotely getting on the throttle on post.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sheeeet, I used to race on post. Speeding tickets on post are mad cheap too
Old 11-22-2006, 09:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BLK02TA
Today my plt sgt pulls me aside and tells me a certain nco doesnt want me "almost peeling out" anymore? This was after supposidly several days I accelerated to fast and "almost peeled out". I told my plt sgt that its a sports car and it has loud exhaust. I've never gone over the speed limit or peeled out. He said well thats what he told me. The nco complaining is also the acting 1sg.

As far as I know I have never peeled out or givin more than half throttle. I think its due to me winding out 1st until 25 then shifting to 3rd.

What should I do in this situation, because I'm pretty pissed that he's telling me how to drive my car when I'm violating no laws. My car has passed WI emissions twice and CA once so my exhaust is by no means to loud.

Thoughts?
If it's on base, they can because it's government property. If it's off base, they can't really say/do much unless you're directly putting yourself or somebody else in danger.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

had the same problem a while back. my XO was the one who said something to me. after i explained it to him and took him for a ride he understood. i'm the same way i usually whine the gears out. and as for the question yeah unfortunely he can. out here in NC if they catch yo speeding out in town they can call the MP's and have a ticket delivered to your command.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just use some common sense your 1st SGT can make your life ****. When your on base and near the barracks/housing areas or even near the company or motorpool shift easy and keep your life simple. Like said above people that dont mod cars and arent arround them often will think you racing or going fast when you have barely even gotten on it.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by craparo
like being stuck in the middle of pendleton, its so "beautiful" to anyone who doesn't live and work there forever.
aint that the truth!
Old 11-22-2006, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

Almost peeling out isn't breaking any laws.

As long as you were obeying the laws like you said, then he can go pound sand because there isn't anything he can do legally.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:07 PM
JUICED96Z

Just shift really low and drive realllyyyy slow in first LOL!
Old 11-24-2006, 07:18 AM
TECH Regular

just say "yes sergeant" and drive on. those two words will save you a lot of heartache in the army.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mongoose
just say "yes sergeant" and drive on. those two words will save you a lot of heartache in the army.
no kidding.

Kind of like when the wife says something, "Yes, Dear"?
Old 11-24-2006, 07:25 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Splitz
no kidding.

Kind of like when the wife says something, "Yes, Dear"?
haha that's EXACTLY the same thing.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:31 AM
TECH Resident

tell him to pack sand up his ***. As long as you are not peeling out they can not tell you ****. His rank does not make him right. People in the military often think that just because they out rank someone they are automatically right which is BS. Keep driving the way you are
Old 11-24-2006, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

dude, the "power" they are given MOSt of the time is EARNED, they have EARNED the respect. You have to respect the rank, not necessarily the person wearing the stripes.

It would be intelligent of him to do as he's been ordered (commanded), or could end up with an ARt 15 for disobeying a direct order from a Senior NCO. (don't know the actual UCMJ Article).
Old 11-24-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Grave
If it's on base, they can because it's government property. If it's off base, they can't really say/do much unless you're directly putting yourself or somebody else in danger.

that is it exactly. they ca say some thing to you on base, hell they can tell yu you cant even bring the car on base. off base, they can try to hit you w/ article 134 if they think you are being a danger to yourself or someone else. if you were willing to go through the trouble, you could fight it and probably win. i'd only do that though i i was planning on getting out soon, because you'd get blackballed and labeled a troublemaker anywhere else you went. when it comes to dealing w/ SNCOs and up(NCOs and up if your a nonrate), you got to know how to pick your fights. you got to know when to hold them, and when to fold them.

Quick Reply: Can he tell me how to drive my pov?