Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Can he tell me how to drive my pov?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 09:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nytmare1
E-1 thru E-9 is a paygrade... not a rank.
Well no ****. Damn, 20 years in and you would think I knew that. You said that marines don't have E-7's. If you seriously think people at work adress me as "E-8" you are mistaken. But guess what, we have E-8's in the Army.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is as big as I could get it. I understand what you guys are saying about rank v. paygrade. In the AF when an E-9 is a shitbag we call him an E-9 when we talk about him, if the E-9 is a good guy we call him a Chief.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1badchicken
I see your another brain washed child!!!!
Your not worth my time unless you out rank me craparo
Because I school marines like you. I surely hope your still in, since you chimed in the debate, or better yet retired.
Wow you need to lighten up. He was just poking a little fun, no need to take it so serious.
Go have a or 2.
We can laugh at some of the things each service does differently, but in the end WE ARE ALL BROTHERS fighting for the same reasons.

chrismcdaniel,
We need more pics & video of your car!!
Old 12-09-2006, 03:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

but an M242 master gunner! thats like my favorite gun(more of an automatic cannon than gun to me). that and the LAV-AT are my favorite. nothing like have an LAV or 2 for fire support when you are an infantryman. i used to work on the fire control portion of LAVs and do SAPMs on the AT variants.
back on topic, i guess by now you see the main concensus is that he can tell you how to drive your POV. so BLK02TA, i hope you either quiet the car down or keep the rpm down so you stay out of trouble.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:08 PM
11 Second Club

Hahaha wow, someone gettin a little butt hurt. It is okay, I guess only a few of us use tough love here... sorry about that, E-7.

I sure know that I wouldn't stand one of my marines calling me by E-anything... just a pay grade.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Well no ****. Damn, 20 years in and you would think I knew that. You said that marines don't have E-7's. If you seriously think people at work adress me as "E-8" you are mistaken. But guess what, we have E-8's in the Army.
I understand your point, but I spend a decent amount of time around soldiers and I hear "E-this" and "E-that" all the time. I hear that more than I hear them refer to their rank. Maybe that's not what it's like throughout the entire Army, but I only know what I hear around the Pentagon corridors.

BTW, we don't have E-8's in the Marine Corps either. We have Master Sergeants and 1st Sergeants.

Sorry... couldn't resist.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:45 AM
11 Second Club

I'm glad none of my Marines refer to me as E-2 otherwise I would haze them.

hahhaa
Old 12-10-2006, 06:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by craparo
I'm glad none of my Marines refer to me as E-2 otherwise I would haze them.

hahhaa
And then they would start crying while they were being hazed, like the marines in that video a few years back
Old 12-10-2006, 07:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

un cap it then drive around like that!
Old 12-10-2006, 06:09 PM
11 Second Club

And then they would start crying while they were being hazed, like the marines in that video a few years back

...Army = stress cards. enough said.

and i remember just reading about the Army lowering their bootcamp standards and no more yelling by their DI's..
Old 12-10-2006, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that's just a sales tactic. come on. you know the only reason yall have a 12 week boot camp, is to reduce phase backs.

HAHA

no you know this is all in love, everyone one knows we sweep the streets together.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackSuperchargedLS1
Wow you need to lighten up. He was just poking a little fun, no need to take it so serious.
Go have a or 2.
We can laugh at some of the things each service does differently, but in the end WE ARE ALL BROTHERS fighting for the same reasons.

chrismcdaniel,
We need more pics & video of your car!!

Man, you need to stay in the mountains. no just kidding. my father in law lives in shelby.

It's all good.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:35 PM
TECH Junkie

...Army = stress cards. enough said.

and i remember just reading about the Army lowering their bootcamp standards and no more yelling by their DI's..
The Army does not have stress cards. I was a drill sergeant for 3 years and yelled my *** off. You can talk about basic training all you want. I've been in a little too long to care about argueing about that. Combat is all that matters. Saw a little bit in Fallujah. Then we handed it to yall. And then the insurgents got it back lol. I do know more guys than I'll ever remember who went from Marines to Army. In 20 years I have not come across one person who went the other way. I'm sure there is a few. But I never heard of them.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The Army does not have stress cards. I was a drill sergeant for 3 years and yelled my *** off. You can talk about basic training all you want. I've been in a little too long to care about argueing about that. Combat is all that matters. Saw a little bit in Fallujah. Then we handed it to yall. And then the insurgents got it back lol. I do know more guys than I'll ever remember who went from Marines to Army. In 20 years I have not come across one person who went the other way. I'm sure there is a few. But I never heard of them.
Read his text, he's a Private First Class in the marines. an E-2
I guess we better listen to his side 11B. Oh wait we normally have one way conversations don't we?

Old 12-10-2006, 11:00 PM
11 Second Club

I was joking about being a PFC, first off. Sarcasm in it

Second, as I remember correctly, the Marines took fallujah because the army lost it. I was in fallujah too, so what of it? Marines goto the army because it is easier and they don't have to goto bootcamp, and I personally know of one guy at MCT with me when I joined, who came from the army 82nd because we were all privates/pfcs but he had jump wings already.

You WERE a drill sergeant... i am tlaking about just recently they laxed it up and said something about no more direct yelling or something.

Oh well, proof is in the pudding... Goto marine bootcamp you can goto any other branch without going back down to the bottom in rank/redoing bootcamp... wah wah.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was joking about being a PFC, first off. Sarcasm in it

Second, as I remember correctly, the Marines took fallujah because the army lost it. I was in fallujah too, so what of it? Marines goto the army because it is easier and they don't have to goto bootcamp, and I personally know of one guy at MCT with me when I joined, who came from the army 82nd because we were all privates/pfcs but he had jump wings already.

You WERE a drill sergeant... i am tlaking about just recently they laxed it up and said something about no more direct yelling or something.

Oh well, proof is in the pudding... Goto marine bootcamp you can goto any other branch without going back down to the bottom in rank/redoing bootcamp... wah wah.
The bottom line is the war isn't over. Battle's are fought every day, we win and we loose. I mean the military. I'm glad you made it home. I was in BIAP. Take care my man, it doesn't matter to me craparo. either way you would be standing at the position of parade rest when you address me, so it doesn't matter to me either way. I love this forum
Old 12-10-2006, 11:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5jRa...elated&search=
Old 12-10-2006, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

Man, you need to stay in the mountains. no just kidding. my father in law lives in shelby.

It's all good.
Good, next time your up here I would be obliged to drag your ***
Old 12-11-2006, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackSuperchargedLS1
Good, next time your up here I would be obliged to drag your ***
with what your John Deer tractor. Come on change your sig. You know that is all yall have in Hickory.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:23 AM
11 Second Club

The bottom line is the war isn't over. Battle's are fought every day, we win and we loose. I mean the military. I'm glad you made it home. I was in BIAP. Take care my man, it doesn't matter to me craparo. either way you would be standing at the position of parade rest when you address me, so it doesn't matter to me either way. I love this forum

Why would a civilian stand at parade rest for you? If anything you would be calling me sir

Quick Reply: Can he tell me how to drive my pov?