Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Anyone full time with Air National Guard???

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 12:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone full time with Air National Guard???

I just passed my physical and took the asvabs to see what all i qualify for and im enlisting this tuesday. I'm going in for aircraft structural maintenence at the 171st af base. I just wanted to hear about anyone's experiences they feel like sharing.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:09 PM
12 Second Club

anybody????
Old 01-15-2007, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dad's been active guard forever and he makes good friggin money... best way to go honestly... stay in your home town, make the same money and benefits.... deploy once in a while./..
Old 01-16-2007, 06:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Been fulltime ANG since '90 except for the one year I quit to start EPP with brother Bob. I made my hobby a fulltime job....got sick of it...the guard hired me back after a year off. Awesome job, no complaints. Racing is fun too though....

I was active Air Force before '90.....didn't go back to that!!
95 Pontiac Formula- Stock engine with ATI Procharger, Moser 12 bolt w/4:30 gears, Rossler trans, Neil Chance 4000 stall, M/T ET streets, 10.914@ 121.90mph, 1.452 60ft. GMHTP November 2010 Feature Car. Check it out at:
https://www.motortrend.com/features/...ebird-formula/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abZ1z...ature=youtu.be

Old 01-16-2007, 10:38 PM
12 Second Club

yea i mean, i have a 9month old son so this is really the only way i can ever go back to school, its good money, and gauranteed work for at least 6 years. i have to go in as part time of course but i'm going to try like hell for full time. seems like a really good thing to do. especially since i can always have a job that i have experience in if i ever leave the guard

sign on bonus and gi bill arent anything to complain about either of course
Old 01-17-2007, 01:08 AM
JUICED96Z

There is another guy on here I know thats active guard that I am sure will chime in he is James something or whatever.

My father was active for 5 years. Now Air Guard (F-16 Crew dog) and will be in 28 years in this March.

The James guy is active Guard at the same unit.

My father has pretty much said the active guard guys (techs) are like active AF but you stay at the same base.

There is a program he helped get going in the millitary that will PAY for you to get you threw civilian aircraft maintence school when you re-up but you might be able to get them to do it prior. This has nothing to do with the GI bill or anything.

School option for you there.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd LOVE to get an active guard spot at the unit back home where my dad's been at forever. I don't mind what I do I just hate being far from home all the time...yeah kinda a home body
My dad was active duty like early 70's, but with the time he spent out in civilian jobs he's just now approaching 28 years TIS...
Old 01-17-2007, 10:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm a technition for the Army National Guard in IL and love it, the pay rocks. We work what they call a compressed schedual. Everyother Monday off. Just had a 4 day and got payed for 2 of the 4 days off. Yeah was deployed to Iraq in 03 but double dipped for 3 months. Then they restored my leave when I returned. Gravy Train!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 06:01 PM
12 Second Club

yea i think im gonna like that compressed schedule. im just a little nervous about basic training but....im sure ill make it through
Old 01-17-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
There is another guy on here I know thats active guard that I am sure will chime in he is James something or whatever.

My father was active for 5 years. Now Air Guard (F-16 Crew dog) and will be in 28 years in this March.

The James guy is active Guard at the same unit.

My father has pretty much said the active guard guys (techs) are like active AF but you stay at the same base.

There is a program he helped get going in the millitary that will PAY for you to get you threw civilian aircraft maintence school when you re-up but you might be able to get them to do it prior. This has nothing to do with the GI bill or anything.

School option for you there.

Jakey2kz is full time ANG as well. I'd rather be an NHRA driver but whatever. This is paying the bills for now.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:42 PM
12 Second Club

Did any of you have your car for tech school? Im considering having mine shipped but I'm not sure yet...
Old 02-01-2007, 11:53 PM
Launching!

i'm active guard for the time being (C130 Load), i'm actually traditional but am active until the end of the summer. if you can get an AGR slot definately jump on it, but i'd say the most important things is do whatever you gotta do to get a crew position, it's definately the way to go. if you're able to get an AGR crew position you've got about the best job in all the military.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Teching In

I'm a traditional guardsmen in the Illinois Air National Guard. Being in the guard paid for my school!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:43 AM
Teching In

I'm an AGR at the 178 FW in Springfield, OH. Job rocks, my career field is 3A071, Information Management. I used to be a 2W131F, which was Aircraft Armament on the F-16, basically a loader. I am 25 and an E-6, made E-6 when i was 24 and hopefully will make E-7 at 27 years old. If you do go technician or AGR, you don't get re-enlisment bonuses, but you do get GI and Kicker and Tuition. Here in Ohio is 100% tuition. PM me if anyone has any questions about it.

If anyone is looking for a full time guard job, go here - http://www.fulltimeguard.com/

Quick Reply: Anyone full time with Air National Guard???