Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Yep, I knew it.. Ft Bragg.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 01:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yep, I knew it.. Ft Bragg.

Just finished 12 months in South Korea and going to Ft Bragg with the 4th Psyops Grp A. Anyone know anything about anything on this unit? Hows Ft Bragg? Anxious to see what the "Real" army is like. (Straight from IET and Airborne school and thrown into Korea.)
Old 03-04-2007, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Don't don't knowmuch about Ft Bragg, but I was stationed at Seymour Johnons AFB which is about 40 miles north, if it is anything like SJAFB, your gonna be bored, not much to do in NC anyway, unless you wanna drive to Raleigh or Durham or even charlotte, remember, hick country!
Old 03-04-2007, 11:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Well bragg is pretty big i spent most of my time there. Psyops from what i remember deployes pretty often. There is alot to do in NC jstu gootta find it lol. Its humid as hell depending on where you are from, me I hate humidity so that part sucked. Alot fo guys are at bragg that have F Bodies that is for sure, so you 'll find friends whether they are Army or live in Fayetteville. You are 3 hrs from Myrtle Beach, a few hours from Raliegh/Duram and Rockingham is not too far away either. Real army? well every base has thier issues trust me. But most of that base deploys so much you won't see many of them yet. Get ready to run your *** off. They like to run all the damn time. And I hate to run........lol.

Damon
Old 04-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Stationed next to Ft. Dragg......

But I'm not Army so I can't help you there.....

Yes it's humid as hell in the summer and you can smell all 50 miles of Ft. Fagg pine trees.....

If you're into hunting this is one of the best places to hunt.

Yeah there are alot of F bodies....as well as ricers and Mustangs. There's alot of car clubs around in Fayetteville. I tend to hang with the muscle car crowd because most of them are mature whereas the ricer crowd and some of the Camaro/Mustang crowds act like a bunch of idiots.

Just up the road from Bragg is Competition Auto which is where some of the Camaros/Trans Ams/Mustangs can be found. The owner has an LS1 in a 98 S-10.

Fayetteville does have alot of eateries. They also have their own drag strip.

You're 2 1/2 hrs from the ocean and 2 1/2 hrs from the mountains.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raptor427
Hows Ft Bragg?
It's a fat chicks paradise. Even they can pick and choose.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
It's a fat chicks paradise. Even they can pick and choose.
hahahahahah

Yea that too, I seen plenty get put down and turned around by some of teh nastiest fat chicks you can find. Raliegh is the place to go if you want to get quality hahaha, it ain't in Ft Bragg/Fayetteville. And of course the army females are about the same way anyway which i stayed away from.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Teching In

I heard people call it Feyette-nam for how ghetto the place is.. Nobody will be taking my rims or spoiler will they? Haha..
Old 04-06-2007, 06:02 PM
12 Second Club

Oh it's not that bad! we have a f-body club that jsut got up and running, check it out at www.fayettevillef-body.com
Old 04-08-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im home on leave for a while but I'm stationed there, they are right about the girls, thats for sure. NC is a nice place, but fayettville is no doubt its festering arm pit. I'll be there far a good while until my unit finally moves to FL so if you need anything while your new there just drop me a line and we'll grab a beer. 915.539.7562
-JOSH
Old 04-09-2007, 10:32 AM
TECH Addict

I am on my way to Ft Bragg as well I just found out. I need a roomate to move in with though....
Old 04-13-2007, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

I'm 10th PsyOp battalion, 4th is the most deployed of us Psyop guys. I'm busy right now but if you have more questions just PM me and I can answer them for you.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:01 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redrumss
I am on my way to Ft Bragg as well I just found out. I need a roomate to move in with though....
Vinnie is going there too Drew...although I'm sure you know his by now..if not call him/email him..
Old 04-16-2007, 10:06 AM
TECH Addict

Well they changed it again. This is the 4th assignment consideration in 2 months.

1.)McDill AFB
2.)Camp Roberts California
3.)Ft Bragg
and now supposedly I was nominated by an O-5 that used to be my BN CDR for

Scott AFB in Illinois. Christine and I are getting tired of this. I meet all the rquirements for this one (TS(SCI) and Space Command qual.) so hopefully this is the last assignment.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:41 AM
Teching In

i was in ft. bragg for quite awhile i was in 82 not psyops! i hated fayetteville too!! then i got stuck in f@#king barstow, ca. (ft irwin) it is horrible!! but im out now so i dont have to deal with the idiots at irwin!! coming from bragg the people i had to work with at irwin were horrible!!!! but bragg is cool, it is in the middle of everything on the east coast!!! and yeah even the fat chicks are picky!!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Raptor427
I heard people call it Feyette-nam for how ghetto the place is.. Nobody will be taking my rims or spoiler will they? Haha..
From what I've gathered "Fayettenam" came from back in the days of Vietnam when the soldiers from Bragg would go down to all the bars and get **** faced drunk to the point of them causing a ruckus.......before they shipped off to Vietnam the next day.

But now I think it's attributed to the ghetto crap that still lingers around. You start hitting down the main blvd thru the Bonnie Doone area and you got queer bars and transvestite hookers that walk the streets/corners after hours. You hit the murch or downtown after sundown and you might get shot. There's plenty of shady buisnesses around as well. When you get here you will be briefed on the off limits establishments.

Fort Bragg isn't necessarly an exception to crime: I've seen plenty of cars on post in the lemon lot get broken into and rims/stereos/misc. stuff stolen. Granted it's in an area that's normally not watched after dark, but I have seen on a few occasions people's cars in the barracks parking lots get broken into and stuff stolen/vehicle vandalized.

And yes while you are here you will encounter alot of fat chicks. There's alot of eateries here. Though when I was single I didn't exactly look in the local area for women; I ventured outwards some.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default MP from Bragg

Here's the breakdown of FT Bragg:

The post itself is nice. Grass is mainstayed, no trash anymore, lots of activities to participate in if you are one of those people. They are 2 good sized px's, lots of shoppettes, and like 4 or 5 gyms thats are useful. There's the usual restaurants of post, BK, KFC, Taco Bell, etc. The AAFES people are bitches and the drivers are clueless. Really the drivers are horrible. The gate guards are civilians and can't do anything to you but they will threaten you sometimes if you meet whatever criteria. They call the MP's alot for anything. Don't listen to the gate guards.

Break down Fayetteville and Spring Lake in 3 groups.
First is the ghetto part which is the main highway, Bragg Blvd, that runs along post that connects Fayetteville and Spring Lake. It looks run down and alot of prostitutes, drug dealers, and strip clubs gather late at night. Normal day hours it just looks normal but run down. Also, on the bad side of town is Kelly and Kelly and Shamrock Auto Sales. Do not buy from them or look at anything they got. They are the cars that couldn't make the real dealers so they got sent there. Do not be the one. Also, there's Murchison road and other that are the bad part of town too

Second is the nice part of town which is a street over from the Blvd. Skibo is the main street that runs through the entire city with businesses on either side. There's a decent mall, Best Buy, Circuit City, Walmart, like 4 movie theaters, and lots of restaurants. There are also alot of street racers if you will. Typical crowd with underglows or loud exhaust will distinguish them. They meet up at either Target, Food Lion on Skibo, or the Sonic off of Hope Mills road. Lots of Camaros and Firebirds there. Also are alot of undercover cops. They drive anything from an Expedition, to Chargers, to Impalas, to Crown Vics, to new Mustangs. Also along Skibos and off of Skibo are SO many car lots. Talking nice cars for any lifestyle.

Third is the location of post and the surrounding cities is 1 1/2 hours down 95 to Myrtle Beach or 2 hours from Wilmington which are both the damn ocean and major party cities with so much to do there. Raleigh is 1 hour or less north and it has a 2 story mall and a better selection of cars.

Automotive wise there are 2 shops that do mandrel bends for exhaust. Tim Bradham's and All Pro. There is a tint guy who works out his home called Victory Tint and does an awesome job with any tint you want for a lower price. There are other custom shops like Slow Joes, Pedros, Godspeed, Rhudys, and Diamond.

If you plan to live off post then Brookstone Apartments will give you the most bang for the buck. There are also others of course but they aren't as new or are more expensive. If you still wanna look, check out Cliffdale Road.

There's a a good breakdown. I live off post in Fayetteville. I'm deployed right now and won't be back til October or January (extension).
Old 05-04-2007, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

sounds a bit like Goldsboro North Carolina which isn't to far, seems that USAF Bases attrace the strip clubs tho.....
Old 05-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ryanmgaspard
They are 2 good sized px's, lots of shoppettes, and like 4 or 5 gyms thats are useful.
So how comes Bragg likes to use Pope's gym? The flyboys have to exercise too you know.

Also, on the bad side of town is Kelly and Kelly and Shamrock Auto Sales. Do not buy from them or look at anything they got. They are the cars that couldn't make the real dealers so they got sent there. Do not be the one.
I hear you there. I know of a guy that bought a nice looking 84 Cutlass from there for $5k. Then the engine blows up and I don't think they wanted to help him. Funny but if you ever go to the back of the lot there's a bunch of older model (read 1960's and 1970's) cars that are for sale but look to have been sitting there for a long long time.

There are also alot of street racers if you will. Typical crowd with underglows or loud exhaust will distinguish them. They meet up at either Target, Food Lion on Skibo, or the Sonic off of Hope Mills road. Lots of Camaros and Firebirds there. Also are alot of undercover cops. They drive anything from an Expedition, to Chargers, to Impalas, to Crown Vics, to new Mustangs. Also along Skibos and off of Skibo are SO many car lots. Talking nice cars for any lifestyle.
The Hope Mills Rd Sonic car club is made of mostly older muscle cars and older owners that don't act like dumbasses near as bad as the ricer crowd. I am usually there most Friday nights with my Chevelle. (In the past I had a small blocked S-10 I took down there) Of course here lately the 5.0's, 4.6's and the 4th gen F bodies have been showing up.

As far as the car lots in town, every damn one of them is overpriced. If you're into muscle cars there's a lot on Cumberland rd that deals with muscle cars, classic cars, and turn key ready to run cars set up for the street or strip....I'm talking older pre 1980's Camaros, Novas, Chevelles, S-10's with V8's in them, Vegas with V8's, Chevettes with V8's.....

Automotive wise there are 2 shops that do mandrel bends for exhaust. Tim Bradham's and All Pro. There is a tint guy who works out his home called Victory Tint and does an awesome job with any tint you want for a lower price. There are other custom shops like Slow Joes, Pedros, Godspeed, Rhudys, and Diamond.
Be careful if you go to All Pro. I went in there with an old truck that needed an all new exaust to include the cat and everything on back. For the muffler I told them I wanted a Flowmaster muffler put on......they put on some generic muffler and didn't even bend the pipe (which in turn burned my parking brake cable in half-had to fix it myself) yet they still charged me $300. I could've done the same job myself. **** poor work if you ask me.

I hear Godspeeds has a chassis dyno? Any idea how much they charge?
Old 05-10-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by redrumss
Well they changed it again. This is the 4th assignment consideration in 2 months.

1.)McDill AFB
3.)Ft Bragg
and now supposedly I was nominated by an O-5 that used to be my BN CDR for

Scott AFB in Illinois. Christine and I are getting tired of this. I meet all the rquirements for this one (TS(SCI) and Space Command qual.) so hopefully this is the last assignment.
************* did it again. Still in DISA but at the HQ in Arlington VA.

1.)McDill AFB
3.)Ft Bragg
4.)Scott AFB

Bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Default House for Sale or Rent

I have a 3 bed room double wide Im trying to sell. I am getting out in a Year, and it will cost me way to much to move that damn thing. I am currently in Iraq, but i have someone who has a set of keys they can show you the place. It was a full 3 bed room but i took down a wall, now its a two bed room but can easily be made a three again.
I think I owe around 40K not sure. I would also concider renting it, to Military only. Civilians have a way of trashing and leaving. So if any of you are interested or know someone who needs a place please let me know. I have a family of 5 now, 3 kids and me and my wife. Not big enough for us anymore anyhow.......
Help a brother out. I need out of this ASAP. I pray everyday for a freak lighting strike so it will just vanish, or maybe a poltergiset type thing where it gets sucked into another demention. PM with any ideas or offers.....

John

Quick Reply: Yep, I knew it.. Ft Bragg.