Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

VQ-2 Squadron!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 08:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default VQ-2 Squadron!!

Hey is there anybody here that is Stationed there, or have been there in the past?? I will be headed up there in about a month and half. And have some questions for you. If you don't mind.

And also, is there anybody that is stationed on Whidbey Island, Whats the local seen like?

Lane
Old 03-12-2007, 08:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stationed in VQ-1, same hangar and with the Combined Maintenance Organization (CMO) we will be working hand in hand. I'm out in SWA right now with VQ-1 and VQ-2. If you have any questions pm me and I can answer whatever you want.

Been in Whidbey Island for about 5 years now and have a good idea of what it's all about.

Marty
Old 03-13-2007, 09:52 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr.MartyStone
Stationed in VQ-1, same hangar and with the Combined Maintenance Organization (CMO) we will be working hand in hand. I'm out in SWA right now with VQ-1 and VQ-2. If you have any questions pm me and I can answer whatever you want.

Been in Whidbey Island for about 5 years now and have a good idea of what it's all about.

Marty
Hey cool man, Well it is going to be a change for me, cause I am not an airman, I am a MR2, I will be the only one there, so.... What is the work load like over there? I will be on sea side, so will I still be able to go underway with them, being I am an Engineer? I am also wondering, do you guys have some hangouts and stuff over there for all the poeple that have sport cars and such? Well talk at you later man, thanks for your help.

Lane
Old 03-14-2007, 02:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Car scene is almost non-existent. I have a 98 cam only weight reduction car on prostars that I'm about to do a TH400 swap to. Should be fun.

Buddy has an '02 Z06 with a 402 and then there is another guy here with a Dart block mustang that is doing a single thumper setup that should be good to 1000 rwhp on kill (he just switched up from a 800 rwhp n2o setup).

I really don't know what an MR is man so I couldn't say what your workload will be like. If you are working in the hangar with the squadron then yeah you will go on det most likely. We go to SWA and Kadena as of current.

I haven't even been in this command 3 months and I'm already on det so you can see how they like to send people with experience on the road. Expect to be gone a lot.

Marty
Old 03-14-2007, 04:57 PM
11 Second Club

I am a Machine Repairman, I work on Lathes and Mills, But mostly CNC Programming. Were is SWA at? I hope to go with them, I love going to different places, Thats why I joined in the first place. Once I get up there and Situated, I will be working on the car. I have to Sell my *****'s though, and at the moment it is over in Poulsbo. I will be down next week, To close on some property I am buying over by greenbank, So If I get a chance I am going to swing by VQ-2. So far from what my sponser has said, is that I will not working in one of the hangers, or det, So I am not sure what I will be doing. lol Oh well. We will see.

Looking forward to meeting some new people though.

Lane
Old 03-14-2007, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crazylane
I am a Machine Repairman, I work on Lathes and Mills, But mostly CNC Programming. Were is SWA at? I hope to go with them, I love going to different places, Thats why I joined in the first place. Once I get up there and Situated, I will be working on the car. I have to Sell my *****'s though, and at the moment it is over in Poulsbo. I will be down next week, To close on some property I am buying over by greenbank, So If I get a chance I am going to swing by VQ-2. So far from what my sponser has said, is that I will not working in one of the hangers, or det, So I am not sure what I will be doing. lol Oh well. We will see.

Looking forward to meeting some new people though.

Lane
You'll most likely end up at AIMD then from what i can gather. i don't know what your rotation or det schedule will be like since we are deployed 24/7/365. usually maintainers do 4-5 months at a time and time between dets is anybody's guess. one guy i work with has been gone 19 months out of the last two years. then some guys only go on det once...just depends on quals and whatnot.

look forward to meeting you when we get back in july though.

marty
Old 03-14-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh swa is southwest asia. it is now considered a classified location but if you do a google search you'll likely find out what it is. pretty stupid if you ask me.

Marty
Old 03-30-2007, 03:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

VQ-2? Werent you guys at NSA Souda bay once? You guys were right next door to my old unit.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:38 PM
11 Second Club

They transfered to NAS Whidbey I think last year, And before that they were in Spain. Thats about all I know of them at the moment.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys got that yellow and red patch a sillouette of something maybe a guy standing in the middle? I still dont know what the hell that shape is. EP-3's right? Anyway I drank with some of the maintenence guys while in crete. You guys were right next door.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wish VQ-2 was still in Rota, Spain. I was in Q from 92-96 what ablast!!!!
Old 04-15-2007, 01:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah VQ-2 was in Rota before. They do det to Souda Bay as well, or at least they used to. The little dude on their patch is supposed to be off of some wine bottle, I forget the brand but you're right on the money, and yes they are EP-3 guys.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ROTA ROCKS!!! Fried Rice at Benny's Bar. The Taxi Bar in the a.m. for the night checkers. Tattoos at Mao & Cathy's. Shacking up with the fine little honey's from VR-22. Ah good times!!!

Quick Reply: VQ-2 Squadron!!