Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Airman Leadership School?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 03:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck, I went through in Jan and can't take test either!
Old 03-30-2007, 03:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ALS is a joke. I guess they teach you how to do things the AF way. But you should know by now that the AF way is some dumbasses point of view. Nothing is ever consistant in the AF.
I went thru ALS in 01 and we actually had a blast. We made fun of our instructor he was so ******* pissed that he had to walk out of the room. He was a crew chief like me and we made fun of him. Lucky I pcs'd because he is a section chief for my old shop at base X.
I thought I was going to fail though during the role playing ****. My subordinate was a dumb *** and I was too mean then too nice so I snapped and yelled at the instructor on what the hell did he want out of me. But then I had to the super int. of ALS and he understood that flight line guys do **** different. So I did it again and passed. Funny thing is that my wife went thru a year later and they remembered my name! HAHAHA!!
They will help you in every which way they can but if you basically dont give a **** and be a total dumbass then count yourself as one of the few that get kicked out of ALS.
But if I could do that **** anyone can.
DG man! thats all you need "Done Graduated"
Peace
Old 04-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say is DONT **** UP IN ALS!!! Them clowns take no prisoners.

I saw a girl who lied to the instructors get booted from ALS. Lost her line number and everything. Not a fun way to have to face your supervisors/co-workers/commander.

Other than that, it was boring, those damn laminated troops and writing ficticious EPRs only to find out my squadron had their own way of doing them which was totally different than how I was taught. And the speeches.....my goodness.....wern't allowed to say "um" and "ah"....yet I'm nervous as hell.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i was told today that " theoretical, if you don't pass any of the writen tests you can still pass ALS" as bad as i am at studying and how long it takes me to retaining info...
Old 04-03-2007, 11:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just graduated Thursday, it was a joke. I was nervous at first but it turned into a vacation after the first week, good luck!!
Old 04-03-2007, 11:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just read what you wrote above about the tests. As a matter of fact, I failed the first one. They had me discuss the first section with another instructor, i got passing credit-70%. Then the second one i got 69%. I graduated the next day.

Quick Reply: Airman Leadership School?