Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Little Rock AFB in here.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 10:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Little Rock AFB in here.....

Hey, I was wondering if you all could give me a little insight about the race community in the area. How many 1/4 and 1/8 mile tracks are around and stuff like that. I'm currently stationed at Pope, but will likely end up there with the whole BRAC thing. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you put in for a BOP to avert going to Arky saw?

Sorry I can't answer your q.....oh and hello from another Poop AFB guy.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 69Nova355
Can you put in for a BOP to avert going to Arky saw?

Sorry I can't answer your q.....oh and hello from another Poop AFB guy.
I'm going to try. I have my first enlistment coming up in May 2008. I'm going to try to get a BOP to McCord. I just don't want to re-enlist if I'm not going to get my BOP. And I don't know if I will get my BOP until after I re-enlist. Bottom line....I really don't want to re-enlist and get stuck with Little Rock.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to Southern Forums. We post alot stuff over there. Racing Scene is ALIVE. The state of AR sucks but Fbody/Muscle car scene is great. AR doesn't have 1/4 track but have 1000' tracks and 1/8 mile tracks. Memphis Motorsports Raceway is the closest 1/4 track that we go to. Let us know when you're coming maybe "LRAFB Fbody crew" can do a meet w/ you sometime.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:03 PM
11 Second Club

I came from McChord to Little Rock. It's nice here, but McChord is hands down the best assignment in the AF. And the F-body scene up there is WILD. There's an NHRA track about 1/2 an hour from the base and another one about 45 minutes from the base. Go to the Northwest section and check out the 2007 run what ya brung list. Those boy's have some FAST cars. On top of that, Washington is beautiful and you'll never have enough time to do everything there is to do. If you can get past the rain, traffic and morons, you'll love it.

If you do end up in Little Rock (AF doing away with BOP due to cost cutting), it isn't too bad here. And the F-body scene is great like Bene said. Tracks suck except Memphis which is 2 hours away, but we try to get together as often as possible and we have one of the best tuners you can find . Let us know if/when you are coming.

By the way, my name is Ben and I work in the Structural Maintenance Shop. Where do you work?
Old 05-01-2007, 04:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02SS:ZEUS
I'm going to try. I have my first enlistment coming up in May 2008. I'm going to try to get a BOP to McCord. I just don't want to re-enlist if I'm not going to get my BOP. And I don't know if I will get my BOP until after I re-enlist. Bottom line....I really don't want to re-enlist and get stuck with Little Rock.
If you've been on station 48 months and have 24 left in you're eligible for BOP. And if you're a first term airman there's a 90% you'll get it....so MPF says....
Old 05-01-2007, 09:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bene
Go to Southern Forums. We post alot stuff over there. Racing Scene is ALIVE. The state of AR sucks but Fbody/Muscle car scene is great. AR doesn't have 1/4 track but have 1000' tracks and 1/8 mile tracks. Memphis Motorsports Raceway is the closest 1/4 track that we go to. Let us know when you're coming maybe "LRAFB Fbody crew" can do a meet w/ you sometime.

What he said. I went to a school over there for the Army and the racing seen sucked *****! In 5 wikes all I found was a 03 Cobra and a crotch rocket on the way in. Memphis is your besy bet for any real fun car wise.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99Hawk262
I came from McChord to Little Rock. It's nice here, but McChord is hands down the best assignment in the AF. And the F-body scene up there is WILD. There's an NHRA track about 1/2 an hour from the base and another one about 45 minutes from the base. Go to the Northwest section and check out the 2007 run what ya brung list. Those boy's have some FAST cars. On top of that, Washington is beautiful and you'll never have enough time to do everything there is to do. If you can get past the rain, traffic and morons, you'll love it.

If you do end up in Little Rock (AF doing away with BOP due to cost cutting), it isn't too bad here. And the F-body scene is great like Bene said. Tracks suck except Memphis which is 2 hours away, but we try to get together as often as possible and we have one of the best tuners you can find . Let us know if/when you are coming.

By the way, my name is Ben and I work in the Structural Maintenance Shop. Where do you work?
I'm a crew chief. For the last 4 years I've been in ISO, and now I'm A/R. And I'm in the dirt right now, but will be back in 3 WEEKS!!! Wooo hooo!
Old 05-01-2007, 01:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 69Nova355
If you've been on station 48 months and have 24 left in you're eligible for BOP. And if you're a first term airman there's a 90% you'll get it....so MPF says....
I've been at Pope for over 4 years...this is my first term...but I don't have 24 months left. I was told though, that I can apply for my BOP, and if I get it, I will have to either extend or reinlist to get it.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02SS:ZEUS
I've been at Pope for over 4 years...this is my first term...but I don't have 24 months left. I was told though, that I can apply for my BOP, and if I get it, I will have to either extend or reinlist to get it.
That is true, might as well put in for it, and if they approve you, raise your right hand and repeat after your commander/superior officer.

Quick Reply: Little Rock AFB in here.....