Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Aircraft Maintainers Shout out!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Aircraft Maintainers Shout out!!!!!!!!

Alright all you maintainers, shout out and make it known. I know AF personnel catch alot of heat for being lazy but I stick by the fact that the crew chief is the craziest and hardest working mechanic in the air force (fighter crew chiefs know this to be especially true). Though our job requires some long and intensive hours and a lot of bullsh*t we somehow get planes to fly safely. So let it be known who we are!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<--- a toast to you.

I'm a pilot and I break ****, alot. Over G's are my favorite. I know you guys bust your *** so I can look cool.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LT Malice
<--- a toast to you.

I'm a pilot and I break ****, alot. Over G's are my favorite. I know you guys bust your *** so I can look cool.
My type of maintenance job makes sure when you over G a jet and it decides to not work anymore, you live to see another day Crew chiefs got it crazy, all the respect to you all... I'm Egress though
Old 05-17-2007, 10:28 PM
NKAWTG...N

Keep up the good work! I'll be flying Texans in a year so PLEASE keep up the good work!

Thanks
Old 05-18-2007, 01:54 AM
Launching!

Crew Chief here...Prior F-16 maintainer, now on the F-117. I work Crash/Recovery, Repair and Reclamation. I do more in this back shop than the F/L does here. We do all the landing gear, all the rigs on everything, and canopies as well. Only thing i don't do is hydrualic components. Been here for 4 years. 16's for 5.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:25 AM
JUICED96Z

I am heavy maintenance on the civi planes you all fly on

Father has been in 27 years 5 years active rest ANG. All Crew chief years, heavy bombers, to cargo, to attack, to fighters. Looks like he will get to at least 32 if everything goes to plan, all crew dog years.

The jets are the crew chiefs jets, its not the pilots jet untill he or she gets the salute. Then when it lands its the crew chiefs jet again.

The greatest compliment a pilot can give to his or her crew chief is to show he or she the respect they have earned.

"Sir, you CAN NOT, AND WILL NOT, take that on the airplane!" BWHAHAHAHA

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 05-18-2007 at 03:30 AM.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:15 AM
Launching!

F-15 Crew Chief here. Been in for 11 years, and worked C,D, and E models. Currently an Instructor Supervisor for the F-15 Maintenance Course at Sheppard.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hyd Mech for F18 here.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:50 AM
Launching!

FUEL SHOP and right now i work on 16's and A10's but i have worked on the 15's and 22's also.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by whiteLS1
FUEL SHOP and right now i work on 16's and A10's but i have worked on the 15's and 22's also.
Ahh, a fellow "Vapor head"!

What's that smell?--- Fuel CELL!!

Workin on the Herc's at Little Rock!
Old 05-18-2007, 11:57 AM
12 Second Club

I fly DiamondStars.... no Jet figthers for me
Old 05-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Launching!

Weapons troop here. I have loaded the F-111, F-16, and A-10. The A-10 was by far the best aircraft I have loaded. IMO

Currently I work backshop B-1B's. (Maintain all the bomb racks.)
Old 05-18-2007, 02:43 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by usafcrewchief01
Alright all you maintainers, shout out and make it known. I know AF personnel catch alot of heat for being lazy but I stick by the fact that the crew chief is the craziest and hardest working mechanic in the air force (fighter crew chiefs know this to be especially true). Though our job requires some long and intensive hours and a lot of bullsh*t we somehow get planes to fly safely. So let it be known who we are!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, just kidding sean

What's been going on in Goldsboro lately? Have you saw my primered Z running around a lot?
Old 05-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nite_Hawk
I work Crash/Recovery, Repair and Reclamation. I do more in this back shop than the F/L does here. We do all the landing gear, all the rigs on everything, and canopies as well.
AMEN to that!

Except I work on the good ole "shake, rattle, and role!" The C-130 Hercules. We don't have to worry about the canopies, but you're one lucky man to have fly-by-wire. The cables in the c-130s are endless! I feel sorry for the c-5 guys.

Also, we're the wheel and tire shop too. Which really adds to it. Our bead breaker has been broken and we've had 15 main and nose wheels and tires stack up on us. With only two people in the shop, we've gotten them done in two days so we'll be ready in reinstall a couple of elevators and start the next iso phase that's coming in next week.

Never worked fighters, but I worked FL on the 130's for about 4 years and really enjoyed it. From there I went into the ISO dock and now I'm in the r&R shop.

Thanks for everybodies long hours sweating and freezing on the line!
Old 05-18-2007, 03:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What no rotory wings? Airframe Repairer/ Aircraft Mechanic/ Flight Engineer on CH-47's. Have been working on the flying school buses for about 8yrs now. Illinois Army Nation Guard, Peoria, IL. F Co. 106th Avn and now B Co. 2/238 Avn.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

You know a guy named Gino up there. I have no idea of how to spell his last name, but I think it's Picholla. I went through tech school with him.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by K99Raptor
AMEN to that!

Except I work on the good ole "shake, rattle, and role!" The C-130 Hercules. We don't have to worry about the canopies, but you're one lucky man to have fly-by-wire. The cables in the c-130s are endless! I feel sorry for the c-5 guys.

Also, we're the wheel and tire shop too. Which really adds to it. Our bead breaker has been broken and we've had 15 main and nose wheels and tires stack up on us. With only two people in the shop, we've gotten them done in two days so we'll be ready in reinstall a couple of elevators and start the next iso phase that's coming in next week.

Never worked fighters, but I worked FL on the 130's for about 4 years and really enjoyed it. From there I went into the ISO dock and now I'm in the r&R shop.

Thanks for everybodies long hours sweating and freezing on the line!

The F-117 has plenty of cables. Emer release, Drag chutes, and one even for the IFR door. Fuel shop touches the last one tho. Almost forgot, we do wheel and tire as well. HAHA, DUB-T!! was doing that this week, next week i run mids. Last night i had to pull off the right intake grids on one jet just to fix some RAM that flew off in flight.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nite_Hawk
Crew Chief here...Prior F-16 maintainer, now on the F-117. I work Crash/Recovery, Repair and Reclamation. I do more in this back shop than the F/L does here. We do all the landing gear, all the rigs on everything, and canopies as well. Only thing i don't do is hydrualic components. Been here for 4 years. 16's for 5.
crew cheif here also...also work crash recovery and repair and reclamation (A/R) on b-1s on dyess afb. your only a few hours away if youre on cannon. i just got into the shop a couple of months ago, but i worked phase on dyess for the last few years...you are lucky about the hydro thing. we do some of he hydro components here, and some of the hydro a and a's.

-cam
Old 05-18-2007, 05:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LT Malice
<--- a toast to you.

<---- me chuggin to you, cause id love to fly. ive been trying to get an incentive flight for a few years now...

over g's arent so much fun for me. they lead to alot of maintenance for my shop and others. just had one the other day...we spent a full 2 shifts workin issues because of it...

ive heard of the pilots coming out on a weekend duty to help pull panels for over g inspections here on dyess...
Old 05-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Staging Lane

KC-135 Crew Chief

Quick Reply: Aircraft Maintainers Shout out!!!!!!!!