Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Thinking about Navy

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since its been brough back from the dead I will add my 2cents. I've been in for almost 2 years im a IS3, just got back from a deployment which was a blast. I will say "Choose your rate choose your fate" is the best way I could describe it. I enjoy what I do but have friends that hate life because they took what ever job they were givin.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i just got out of the navy in june. i served 5 years as an enginman on the uss abraham lincoln. it sounds like most people on this thread really enjoy the navy. but i myself hated it! and this is why if the navy can find a way to **** you they will do it. we were in a yard period for 9 months and we werent even allowed to leave the ship for 3MONTHS! (this what they call fastcruise) this might sound like bs to some of you. but i worked in reactor deptartment and it the worst thing i have experienced. i would recomend looking into the caost gaurd. and infact if you do decide to join the navy you do 1 year and a half active and finish the last 2 and a half years in the reserves. this way if you really hate it once you get there you dont have to stay on the peice of crap ship
Old 08-30-2009, 09:00 AM
12 Second Club

boats and hoes
Old 08-30-2009, 03:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02sslayer
i just got out of the navy in june. i served 5 years as an enginman on the uss abraham lincoln.
I've heard nothing but bad things about that ship, a friend of mine was stationed there twice. He was there for one year to finish up his sea time after our ship was decommissioned and then transferred to shore duty, once his time was up there he got screwed by his detailer and got stationed on the Lincoln again against his will. Luckilly he hadnt reenlisted yet so he was only stuck there for one year until his time in the Navy ran out.

This friend of mine was a hardcore Navy lifer too and had every intention of doing his 20+, it's a shame he got stuck on that ship again.

Quick Reply: Thinking about Navy