Anyone ever been punished this way?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 06:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haaaaaaaa, Haaaaaaaa, Haaaaaaaa,

Oh God that is funny **** !!
You make me miss the Corp !!

I dont care what they say it is NOT ok to be gay !!
Old 10-03-2007, 06:29 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mullet
Impala, Seeing that you are Command Post explains your lack of understanding of the "maintenance" world, and that is OK. Maintainers are the grunts of the AF who are known to "party hard, play hard". So these petty college pranks as you say it are something that maintainers have always done. Hazing? Maybe, but no one forced one in it, and for the people who didn't take part, they usually cross trained into other areas like Comm, Finance and Intel. Not because they were outcasts, but were meant for other things. Maintainers are their own animals. While others might stick their nose up at them, others love them. Ask any aircrew member about their maintainers and see what they think..
x2. Just like we dont really understand FINANCE WILL BE CLOSED AT XX:XX FOR A GOING AWAY, or squadron picnics, base picnics, sports day, or anything else that people not in maint do....
Now I am jealous of those guys. When I came to the moc a few years ago I really wanted no part of it. Now that I have seen the other side job wise...I'm cross training into a critical position when I get back from this deployment.

I work with command post people over here, now I know they are short manned(since they are on the critical listing as well) but these guys cant say they are working hard. I just turned around and looked, yup watching movies.
Xtraining into CP is actually my 2nd choice, after doing moc the last couple of years I could do CP's job with my eyes closed.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:31 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Annihilus
I dont care what they say it is NOT ok to be gay !!
Is that why you got out? I kid, I kid
Old 10-03-2007, 08:32 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JCurtin
x2. Just like we dont really understand FINANCE WILL BE CLOSED AT XX:XX FOR A GOING AWAY, or squadron picnics, base picnics, sports day, or anything else that people not in maint do....
Now I am jealous of those guys. When I came to the moc a few years ago I really wanted no part of it. Now that I have seen the other side job wise...I'm cross training into a critical position when I get back from this deployment.

I work with command post people over here, now I know they are short manned(since they are on the critical listing as well) but these guys cant say they are working hard. I just turned around and looked, yup watching movies.
Xtraining into CP is actually my 2nd choice, after doing moc the last couple of years I could do CP's job with my eyes closed.
JC, the CP career field is definitely a nice career field. Especially coming from MOC, you already have a firm grasp on what they do. But I do have somewhat of a grasp on what maintainers do. I know the 10 Pro Sup is a tool and even the MOC guys hate him, ha ha!!! But regardless, life at KWRI blows monkey nuts for us all. But JC, what you need to understand is depending on what CP you go to it may not be such cake work. You come to KWRI and work during the day and you aint gonna be thinkin its so easy. Hence why I stay on night shift. I've done this **** for over 3 years now so i've had my fill. I know they job inside and out and thank god I'm getting to move over to the CRG so I can really do nothing now! Stay away from AMC dude, trust me. KWRI CP is ridiculous. So many things and now w/ 8044 it really blows.

M-skimming through the posts, I posted to quickly. As I went back and read everything I agree w/ JC. Just your first post you came off as somethin else....

The AF is definitely headed in the wrong direction IMO though.

So where'd this kid go to? He never came back to say whether or not it was his first offense.(which I guarantee you it wasn't.)
Old 10-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96
So where'd this kid go to? He never came back to say whether or not it was his first offense.(which I guarantee you it wasn't.)

Was wondering the samething. Maybe he got caught looking at unapproved sites at work and lost his internet priviledges.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

OMG command post and military bearing? my dealings with the CP guys is taking care of their normal job that they couldnt accomplish. they would call us in because they didnt know how to load crypto or even simple tasks. additionally they would open the doors with thier ******* boots off just chillen. that might not be all of them but that was my first impression that lasted for four years with no change. only ones i never had a problem with is some of special duty command post people i work with.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

LOL, another air force whiner thread.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:37 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by brad8266
It just makes my day when other branches talk about how easy we have it or we are whining, blahblahblah. Then I have to hear about how the army is downrange doing what they do.

Look, odds are you could have walked into the same office I did, and signed the same papers, you chose not to. Why dont people that "bitch about us bitching" realise that? I dont knock what other guys are doing daily, that was their choice so its hard for me to feel sorry for someone that is talking **** to me, when they made their choice like I made mine.
Remind me next time I go into the gym to yell at the person behind the counter for choosing their job over mine.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about that plus every bugle call on post you have to report to the Post flag and report.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:26 AM
Teching In

Here at Altus, we hire the Matinance jobs out to the "A-Team" as they call it. We've only got C-17's here, and it's only a training base, but the damn things break all the time XD. Just had one come back the other day from the drop zone because birds kept hitting the nose. Guess it tore the hell out of it. But that's besides the point.

The Air Force, to me, is still a job. I'm only 19 years old, E-2 Paygrade, and I got about 6 more months until my next promotion. Living in the dorms, single, and gone nuts a few times, but in the end, knowing that serving my country in the same job my grandfather did, AND my dad did as a transporter (Air Transportation) makes me feel good. Knowing that I'm living 4 years of my life making memories with my friends is great. I'm making memories all over the place. Video's and pictures. My dad didn't have the chance to make videos as an airman because they wern't around then. But I do, and I plan on making the best of it.

I see a real lack of morale here. Possibly because we're down to 45% tasking because of all the deployments. Am I complaining though? Hell no, it's my job and I signed the dotted line. All of the branches are a Volunteer Manning No one held a gun to your head and said "Sign this dotted line or I blow your brains out". You signed up for it, you have to deal with it.

And for all you people who, sadly, I once knew and got out by saying "I'm a flamer", you are pathetic. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I plan on sticking around for my FULL 4 years. That I signed up for. I made a promise to my country that I would serve and defend, and that's what I plan on doing even if I have to work for 48 hours straight. Will I bitch? No sir. Will I complain about driving a 60K up to a C-17 at 5am in the morning when I should be sleeping? Hell no!

I may be in a boring town, loading the same loads day in and day out, dealing with idiot NCO's in my shop, but I will not complain, I will not falter, I will never give up or bitch. I will do my job as I promised I would do. I am an Airman. I will do my duty.

RotaryFanatic
Old 10-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Launching!

Um, the original poster is in the Army, not the Air Force.

Look, odds are you could have walked into the same office I did, and signed the same papers, you chose not to.
I'm sure most of them did walk into the Air Force office first...

... but then their ASVAB scores probably weren't high enough to get into the USAF, so they chose Option B and walked into the office next door. The End.

Remind me next time I go into the gym to yell at the person behind the counter for choosing their job over mine.

Hehe... just make sure my wife isn't the NCOIC of that particular gym (or as she calls it, "Fitness Center") or she'll tear into ya, too.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Grave
Um, the original poster is in the Army, not the Air Force.

:
Yeah and it got hijacked by the AF whiners.

BTW my asvab was plenty high enough to do any job in the military, plus scored fairly high on the AFOQT as well. Well enough to be able to join the whiners in the AF but chose not to.

Last edited by brad8266; 10-09-2007 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Teching In

I've honnestly never met a group of people more opposed to Air Force people in my life. Look, we're both doing the same job, we're both in the military, and we both work for the US government. How about not bad mouthing us, just because a select few of us complain about conditions here and there, does not mean we all are.

On another note, if we're complaining, maybe something is wrong and maybe you should listen instead of saying "another ******* Air Force Whiner *IGNORE*"
Old 10-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Launching!

I don't take it to heart... I just consider it a little friendly sister-service rivalry.

The jarheads and grunts always call us whiners, yet they're always the ones that like to make comments just because of the QoL us USAF guys get! You know secretly they're jealous. What's up with that?

I'll admit, there are plenty of whiners in the USAF, I see alot of them almost daily. They often forget exactly how good we have it in the AF. They **** me off, too. I mean, I'll admit, I have it good, and I take advantage of it when I can, but I don't take it for granted. I understand that when I deploy, rarely (if ever) am I going to get shot at, and I give props to those guys who guard the fence line so I don't get fragged myself.

The fact of the matter is, the jarheads and grunts need the USAF. And they know it. We make life easier for them by blowing the enemy to **** so they can cover ground.

So don't hate the players... hate the game.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Teching In

It's been my experience that if someone is NOT complaining, there is something wrong. No doubting the QoL that USAF has. But it does give off the vibe that you guys think your better than anyone else.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah and it got hijacked by the AF whiners.

BTW my asvab was plenty high enough to do any job in the military, plus scored fairly high on the AFOQT as well. Well enough to be able to join the whiners in the AF but chose not to.
oh please. 99% of the grunts i know hate it mainly because their stupid and don't know what to do. really the reason why they're in the army. i work with army on a daily basis and a majority of them are only there to fill a uniform and almost answer a phone. i can only hope that the one guy who knows something is working. good ol signal core training right....
Old 10-09-2007, 03:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by rons 00z
oh please. 99% of the grunts i know hate it mainly because their stupid and don't know what to do. really the reason why they're in the army. i work with army on a daily basis and a majority of them are only there to fill a uniform and almost answer a phone. i can only hope that the one guy who knows something is working. good ol signal core training right....
Speaking of stupid, how about you use the word they're properly next time instead of their. lol

Yeah I'm stupid and couldn't get into the AF, 120 GT and a degree in IT, I guess I'm underqualified to wrench on a plane. I'm not trying to say I'm that bright but you guys make me laugh when you think the army is full of idiots. Most soldiers I know are educated or are working on higher education, of course we have our share of idiots as do you all.

Like I said I did well enough on the AFOQT to go into the AF and get in the planes. People like you are the reason I didnt go into the AF, I went back into the army. Lots of AF guys think so highly of themselves, pre madonnas of the military.

Last edited by brad8266; 10-09-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Teching In

This is all funny stuff. I am in the mx world, 130 crew chief, and this is just funny, you guys are pathetic. you get the old timers saying how is was and the new people saying how it should be...the problem is that the af is way understaffed and we are doing more work with 1/2 the people. in my squadron it is almost common for people to deploy 4 on 4 off 4 on 4 off and so on and so on, that leads to shitty moral. shitty moral leads to everyone pissy and hating the people the work for. when you have a lot of pissed off people guess what...nobody likes to come into work...I belive that everyone in the millitary is under paid for what we do im sure we can all agree on that, so you have underpaid pissed off people working too many hours...what do you expect to see...nobody whats to be there, and i love the saying if you dont like it, stay in so you can change it...lol that is garbage! because by the time you get into those higher ranks the af has changed from the previous generation and it still sucks... now dont take me for a whiner because I love my job, i am on my 3 deployment in the last 2 years, im about to come home in 2 weeks from my current depoyment, and i just volunteered for the next rotation in 4 months...i know this job is demanding but there is a sence of pride a lot of the office personel dont get, every day i get to launch a plane full of military personel going off to do what they volunteered for, protecting freedom, i get to launch acft for air evac missions saving lives, that is reward enough for most of us mx guys that we will put up with the bs because in the end, its a team effort and everyone counts to get boots in the air and protecting freedom. and my amu does have a bond, we cant stand the people we work for, but we know they know what needs to be done and we trust thier judgment. will i hang out with the guys that i work with, hell yeah! but will i hang out with the guys i work for? for the most part no! does that make me a whinny bitch? if you think so...good for you. but in the end of the day i do my duty and keep my mouth shut!
Old 10-09-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 10-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Launching!

There's an Air Force guy driving from Langley AFB to Ft. Benning, and an Army guy driving from Ft. Benning to Langley. In the middle of the night with no other cars on the road they hit each other head on and both cars go flying off in different directions.

The Air Force guy manages to climb out of his car and surveys the damage. He looks at his twisted car and says,....."Man, I am really lucky to be alive!"
Likewise the Army guy scrambles out of his car and looks at his wreckage. He too says to himself, "I can't believe I survived this wreck!"

The Army guy walks over to the Air Force guy and says, "Hey man, I think this is a sign from God that we should put away our petty differences and live as friends instead of archrivals"

The Air Force guy thinks for a moment and says, "You know, you're absolutely right! We should be friends. Now I'm gonna see what else survived this wreck"

So the Air Force guy pops open his trunk and finds a full, unopened bottle of Jack Daniels.

He says to the Army guy, "I think this is another sign from God that we should toast to our new found understanding and friendship"

The Army guy replies, "You're damn right!" and he grabs the bottle and starts sucking down Jack Daniels. After putting away nearly half the bottle the Army guy hands it back to the Air Force guy and says, "Your turn!"

The Air Force guy twists the cap back on the bottle and says, "Nahh, I think I'll wait for the cops to show up."
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever been punished this way?