Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Anyone ever been punished this way?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever been punished this way?

Well I was late to PT formation this morning due to traffic and my NCO came up with the worst punishment ever lol.
All day tomorrow I have to report to him (he is on CQ duty tomorrow) in a different uniform every hour on the hour from 0900 to 2200 for inspection.

Anyone?
Old 09-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Staging Lane

Not me personally. I have seen NCO's give this punishment to soldiers. Usually they were trouble soldiers. I don't know your situation, but it sounds extreme just for that. It usually has to be a habitual problem. I don't like giving that punishment, but that's just me.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:54 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
Well I was late to PT formation this morning due to traffic and my NCO came up with the worst punishment ever lol.
All day tomorrow I have to report to him (he is on CQ duty tomorrow) in a different uniform every hour on the hour from 0900 to 2200 for inspection.

Anyone?
That has to be THE dumbest **** I have ever heard. Why not "punish" you and get it over with? What rank are you? Have you been in trouble much? I wouldnt want to even be him to have you constantly coming in there every hour. I'm not the type that hands out punishment or paperwork, wont say I never will(havent had to in 9 years). Of course I have had people "go do this" or give people the shitty work for the day. But inspecting uniforms? Wtf does that have to do with anything? Did you have your shirt on backwards? Nametag normally upside down?
Old 09-29-2007, 03:20 AM
Teching In

I agree with JCurtin about the uniform inspection. For the showing up every hour on the hour, I would agree with your NCO. So you lose a day. It's better than NJP.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:29 AM
Dex
TECH Regular

Glad i joined the Air Force
Old 09-29-2007, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

no but i have had people dust light bulbs clean the wheels on rolling chairs and rotate ceiling tiles.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you do something in the past to **** your NCO off? I don't know why your NCO would make you do that if you only showed up late to PT once.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

As gay as this will sound, thats a form of hazing. Being ua for pt should be at the most a page 11 if its your first offence. I would just give my marines a written counseling. But if I were you I would report in with a buddy video taping it to watch later.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I haven't done it to any of my guys but have seen it done many times. Obviously there was many prior offenses.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rons 00z
no but i have had people dust light bulbs clean the wheels on rolling chairs and rotate ceiling tiles.
Been there, done that, and the ceiling tiles were 20ft off the floor!!

d'oh!

Gotta love the stupid bullshit, that's one of the reasons I got out.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rons 00z
These are the things I'd do to an airman when I want their attention. You need to get their attention and let them know the behavior was not acceptable.

Did you do something in the past to **** your NCO off? I don't know why your NCO would make you do that if you only showed up late to PT once
As an NCO I would almost bet this was not the first time. Also as an NCO I would not buy traffic as being an excuse. He was obviously close to being late before he got in traffic. It always pissed me off seeing the people showing up a minute or so before roll call.

Even though your punishment was a PITA and you don't like it. You got away without paperwork. You got off easy and I'd bet you won't be late to PT formation agian.

Re'
Old 10-01-2007, 05:18 AM
11 Second Club

Everyone runs into traffic at some point. You can leave your house 30 mins early everyday and get stuck in traffic because of a bad accident, anyday of the week.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with JCurtin on this one, sh*t happens and there's nothing you can do about it. If anything I would have called into someone at work to let them know that I would be running a little late because of traffic just to cya...
Old 10-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY

Anyone?

That's awesome! Think of it this way... your NCO has a sense of humore.

I think you got of lucky. You could of got NJP for that. Or your NCO could of had you cut grass with a pair of scissors, or seperate the brown rocks from the tan rocks. I've seen all that before, back in the day when people were late for duty.

At least the uniform inspection serves a dual purpose: An unconventional form of punishment, and a way to make sure you're uniforms are up to par.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:52 PM
TECH Junkie

pssh... i know if someone told me to do that, i wouldnt be doing it. If he wants to put it on paper and write me up, then do it. There is a limit to what punishment can be given out...and every hour from 09-22 is kinda excessive...
Old 10-01-2007, 06:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
pssh... i know if someone told me to do that, i wouldnt be doing it. If he wants to put it on paper and write me up, then do it. There is a limit to what punishment can be given out...and every hour from 09-22 is kinda excessive...
And you would be in more **** for disobeying a lawful order from an NCO. The punishment is legal and valid, it may suck but hey **** happens.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

haha....wow

Thats crazy.

What rank are you?
Old 10-01-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Regular

Lmao .. Ive had to seperate rocks before ... Deff sounds like a chewed up soldier punishment ... so .. How many Article 15's ya got .. or whatever is comprible in the Marines ? On a Lighter note we had a dirty kid in our platoon ... Youll love this punishment -- He had to wear soap on a rope around his neck and toothpaste in one hand tooth brush in the other .... Anytime anyone asked why ... He had to actually use em .. after dinner chow the kids mouth started bleeding from brushing so much ... damn that kid was cleaner though .. never happened again ... It's all to get your attn:
Old 10-02-2007, 05:22 AM
Staging Lane

haha thats funny, but sucks at the same time.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:46 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You deserve that ****. Just kidding.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever been punished this way?