Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

So Ive been talking to a few recruiters..

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blackhawk_02
I know a lot of other marines that feel the way I do, so, i'm not the only one.

I think I can agree with your statement. I did 13 years in the Air Force so I'm not gonna pretend I know what it's like in the Corps. But being that 90% of the guys I work with are former Marines (53 ******* mechanics/airframers), I have a pretty good idea. Most of them pretty much shared the same sentiments as you (too much bullshit, idiot supervisors, treated like kids, etc). With all the stories I've heard I can understand why they got out.

Just hang in there, lay low and you'll be out before you know it.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SAPPER
Blackhawk, Man, I can see from your attitude that that you would have a problem in the military. BUT I WILL NOT blame it all on you. I know there are some serious Dirtbags in the military that wear stripes and only give a damn about themselves. Unfortunately we can't just strip the stripes and kick their *** out.

All I can say is do your time and move on and learn from it, or drive on and use your outlook and abilities to lead the way you believe a young Marine should be led. When you strive to gain rank, become the equivalent rank or surpass the ones you despise, then you can tactfully explain to them they are a total shitbag and mentor them to be a leader, OR, process them out. But don't do it the way they do. If you do it more professionally, they will always be the dirtbag.
my attitude comes from the way ive been treated in the corps so far. outside of the corps, when im at home or whatever, honestly, i have a great attitude, i love life still, no matter the crap i have to put up with, i feel like i am a totally different person when im at home, and sometimes that bothers me, that the corps does that to people. and yes, when i finally pick up rank, i will lead younger marines how i know they should be lead and treat them how i wish i would have been treated. treat them like adults but at the same time make sure they make the right decisions. and ill go down for them if i know they are right, unlike some leaders who care only about themselves, or live by the motto "do as i say, but NOT as i do"

Originally Posted by bballr4567
I totally feel you Blackhawk..
finally someone else who understands, im sorry bro, 27 months, i cant even begin to imagine. from one servicemember to another, thanks for the service.

Originally Posted by Vee 6
I think I can agree with your statement. I did 13 years in the Air Force so I'm not gonna pretend I know what it's like in the Corps. But being that 90% of the guys I work with are former Marines (53 ******* mechanics/airframers), I have a pretty good idea. Most of them pretty much shared the same sentiments as you (too much bullshit, idiot supervisors, treated like kids, etc). With all the stories I've heard I can understand why they got out.

Just hang in there, lay low and you'll be out before you know it.
I knew I wasn't the only one that felt that way.. lol. I'm trying to hang in my best, and looking forward to the best part, which is getting out.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Launching!

Im in the corps, and i say its good but things can be better as with all things. You should choose either USMC or ARMY and from there volunteer to deploy as much as possible and use all that money on your car. Plus do the two years, if you like it extend and stay active duty. But there is a total of 8 years. And in those 6 years inactive i bet you will be recalled, which has its benefits as if you have a good job, you will make some awesome income.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Try this website usmilitary.about.com/ and military.com Both are very helpful. What I've learned from being in the military is you take out what you put in. It's all about YOUR attitude. I did 4yrs active duty in the AF. I didn't get my CJR, so if I wanted to stay in I had to do a manditory cross train. (the navy is doing something similar) So I enlisted in the Army Reserves. So far I love it. It has it's differences from the air force some better some worse. but all in all i like it a little bit better. I went reserve over guard because if I ever wanted to go Active Army it's easier to be released from the reserve than the guard. As far as deployments go YOU WILL DEPLOY that's just the nature of the job. Just do some research listen to some of the guys on here, most have been through a lot and won't steer you wrong. good luck in whatever you choose!

Quick Reply: So Ive been talking to a few recruiters..