Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

georgia state flag on base

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default georgia state flag on base

1955-2001 georgia state flag... this is what my supervisor got on to me about today. he said that he was going to tell the first shirt if i did not take it off because he was offended by the confederate flag! (yes he is african american) wtf? are we not allowed to have this on base? i know were not allowed to have the CONFEDERATE flag, but this is a state flag. so give me some of your feedback.

btw im jeff nelson "a1c nelson" usaf

btw air force guys, i thought we were suppose to solve the problem at the lowest level. not run off to the first shirt to backstab our brothers? i want to say thank you to my supervisor.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Teching In

What do you mean "if you dont take it off"? Are you wearing it? I just saw a flight crew member yesterday wearing a Georgia state flag on his flight suit. More info please about where the flag is.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:04 PM
TECH Resident

thats bullshit man. is he your ncoic or just your supervisor?
Old 01-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Launching!

sorry, its my liscence plate. you know the whole bandit theme! hes my supervisor (e-5) hes trying to pull the race card,which doesnt fly with me! said he was also going to go to meo because it offended him. my response to him was. go right ****** ahead...
Old 01-07-2008, 09:13 PM
TECH Resident

I would go talk to the shirt.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow. I don't like your AO for that race card BS but yeah talk to his boss and the shirt and see what they think about it.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Launching!

kinda what i was thinking
Old 01-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Launching!

Ao???
Old 01-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by hammerdown2000
Ao???
Approving Official a.k.a. your boss.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Teching In

actually, whether i think its right or not, if it offends him and he reports you, your gonna have to take it off, when i was stationed at travis we had a guy with a sticker on his truck that said "hawaiin pride" and somebody reported him and he had to take it off. Stupid rules but we have to follow them.

On another note, what the hell is the AF paying A1Cs now? I could barely afford a Chilis dinner when i was a A1C let alone a trans am.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by PotentialZ28
actually, whether i think its right or not, if it offends him and he reports you, your gonna have to take it off, when i was stationed at travis we had a guy with a sticker on his truck that said "hawaiin pride" and somebody reported him and he had to take it off. Stupid rules but we have to follow them.

On another note, what the hell is the AF paying A1Cs now? I could barely afford a Chilis dinner when i was a A1C let alone a trans am.
They (AF) give ungodly sign in bonuses to them. I know I did.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Launching!

o ok, i was like, what??? hey all of yall know what the georgia state flag looks like right? its the 1955-2001 flag. one half has a circle that says state of georgia/ the other half has the confederate flag.

i told him if he thinks it some type of race related flag, then he really needs to get educated. that flag was only used in one battle(at the end), we (the south) new that we had no chance anymore so that was our statement saying, "the south will rise again"! he obviously doesnt even know why the south rebelled from the north... i told him it was because the north wanted our land, the land we were using for our crops to build factories the norths slaves to work in. thats the truth, thats our heritage. im sorry that the U.S. owned slaves! period. end of subject.

i honestly am not a racist in any way shape or form so him saying some bs like this pissed me off. i am not at fault for what my ancestors did!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PotentialZ28

yup totally know, its not even worth my career. i know it will turn into something that i dont want, nor need!

btw, about the payment. i planned my life very very well. i am 19, i graduated hs in 2006.
got married in june of 06, joined the af, and have a kid on the way.

i saved since i was a weee little tot, and new what i what i wanted. a nice car and a great family. God has given me many blessings along the way. god bless all of yall as well!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Launching!

also have one hell of a savings acount. 0 help what so ever! and 0.00 sign on bonus!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

If he honestly bitched about the license plate frame the so what? I hate this politically correct world we live in.

One of my friends had the confederate flag in his room and was told to take it down. He did but then he found out a black guy had a blank panther flag in his room and he told the CO and they didnt do crap. Basically it went all the way up to the base general and they said that he could keep his confederate flag because they didnt want to tell the black guy that his flag was offensive also.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Teching In

My professional opinion is that his attempt to use his position as supervisor to force you to remove a lawful decoration of choice from your privately owned vehicle is a failure of his oath of office. Your choice to decorate your car in a lawful manner of your choosing (conceivably seen as an art form) is protected. If he does not support the protection of your expression, then he has failed the Constitution.

That aside, yeah you'll probably end up having to remove it if you don't want a big stink.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Launching!

ill prob. endup just taking it off anyways. being that he said its a racial related flag, he already told his supervisor which is african american. and the shirt is also black. im not racist by the way so he can get that out of his mind!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dont just fall because they want you to. Seriously. Today its your LP frame, tomorrow its your camo hat. Trust me Ive seen it happen.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Staging Lane

its not like you have KKK tattooed on your forehead, i woudl tell him it heritage and if he denies you that tell him to work on MLK Jr. day. thats his heritage and your is yours. remember be respectful and use tact or you will get nowhere. (btw this wouldnt happen in the marines)
Old 01-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Launching!

thought so krink85. i cant stand being in the AF at times! some people are a bunch of freaking fat asses that have nothing to do but bitch. im not disrespecting my branch and everyone in the AF, but weve all seen the few that like to bitch, allot! he just happens to be one of them.

Quick Reply: georgia state flag on base