Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Going to be stationed in Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to be stationed in Hawaii

Hey guys, I just reenlisted for 6 more years in the Army and will be stationed in Hawaii. Ive heard some good things and bad things about hawaii. Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it. I heard from some people that Alot of Hawaiians dont care for whites or blacks and they treat you like **** there. I also heard that the daycare sucks.
Im a 63B, hows the motorpools like or maintance like?
Also what kind of things is there to do around there?
And last but not least hows the houses/apartments?? I know I'll be getting 2400 for BAH, can you get a nice place for around that.
Thanks
Old 01-19-2008, 11:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by StangKillaLS1
Hey guys, I just reenlisted for 6 more years in the Army and will be stationed in Hawaii. Ive heard some good things and bad things about hawaii. Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it. I heard from some people that Alot of Hawaiians dont care for whites or blacks and they treat you like **** there. I also heard that the daycare sucks.
Im a 63B, hows the motorpools like or maintance like?
Also what kind of things is there to do around there?
And last but not least hows the houses/apartments?? I know I'll be getting 2400 for BAH, can you get a nice place for around that.
Thanks
I just left hawaii in November not a bad place cost of living was a lil high: to answer your questions here you go

1. ive never had any issue with locals out there like any other people as lonhg as you respect them they will respect you. The people i had the most problems with was other military

2. day care from what I heard on post is a lil shifty but there are plenty of individual wives on post that will provide daycare services and they are cool

3. motorpools it all depends what unit you are with im not sure what a 63B is MOS 63B, but my units took care of our motorpool and our vehicles

4. Plenty of things to do out there i believe there is and 1/8 mi track being built out there, plenty of off-road space,

5. 2400 for BAH good god live off post (check out the pearl city/mililani/ewa beach (costly) and kapolei

a few car clubs out there my old one was
www.HIFBA.com (f-body)
www.hawaiiperformancemustangs.com (mustangs)
www.paradisecruisers.com (old school muscle/offroad)

any more questions post em up or pm me

also check out the post site if you havent already
www.25idl.army.mil

hope this helped you out a bit trust beautiful place to live and enjoy it while you are there
Old 01-20-2008, 12:14 AM
Launching!

Hey thanks for the info. A 63B is a all wheel Mechanic.
I dont think I can live on base housing anyways cause I have 2 pitbulls and from what I heard they are not allowed on base.

What part of VA are you living in? I've been stationed at fort lee for 2 years now.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey thanks for the info. A 63B is a all wheel Mechanic.
I dont think I can live on base housing anyways cause I have 2 pitbulls and from what I heard they are not allowed on base.

What part of VA are you living in? I've been stationed at fort lee for 2 years now.
Yep pitbaulls not allowed unless they are already in Hawaii. Also take a look at the humane shelter website cause your pits WILL have to be quarantined for I believe 4 wks on island

www.hawaiianhumane.org

I'm stationed up at Belvoir just got here in nov 07.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

correction on the 1/8mi. track gryde.so far until now we dont have a track.dont know when it will happen.in the meantime our only chance of racing is taking the superferry to maui.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 35th SS
correction on the 1/8mi. track gryde.so far until now we dont have a track.dont know when it will happen.in the meantime our only chance of racing is taking the superferry to maui.
Damn what the hell happened now. This bickering back and forth has to stop. holy crap. i feel for you guys I really do I was hoping they would get something outthere for you guys>
Old 01-20-2008, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

ya its pretty sad that we still dont have a track here and maui,kaui and the big island have a track.supposivly they are trying to get a lobbylist the same person who lobby for the superferry and are trying to get donation $ to pay him.I think its a crock of $hit.

for stangkillaLS1 when you get here and all settled in check out hawaiiperformancemustangs site.Im sure youll fit in the club.about over a 100 members and pretty nice good people to hang out with.oh and I believe thier are 2 other club on the island but this guys and gals are cool.see you around when you get here.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Launching!

ya its pretty sad that we still dont have a track here and maui,kaui and the big island have a track.supposivly they are trying to get a lobbylist the same person who lobby for the superferry and are trying to get donation $ to pay him.I think its a crock of $hit.

for stangkillaLS1 when you get here and all settled in check out hawaiiperformancemustangs site.Im sure youll fit in the club.about over a 100 members and pretty nice good people to hang out with.oh and I believe thier are 2 other club on the island but this guys and gals are cool.see you around when you get here.
Thanks, I might be getting back into the f-bodies again or find a nice FRC Corvette while im there.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks, I might be getting back into the f-bodies again or find a nice FRC Corvette while im there.
Im sure you will we just they just had one pick up a C5 Z06 and one pick up a C5 they are out there happy hunting
Old 01-20-2008, 08:48 PM
TECH Addict

oh better then check us out then @hifba.com Im sure you will find one here real quick.will see you when you get here.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Launching!

oh better then check us out then @hifba.com Im sure you will find one here real quick.will see you when you get here.
cant wait, Ill be there at the end of March
Old 01-21-2008, 12:29 AM
TECH Addict

cool.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

wow congrats on Hawaii man, I would love to get stationed out there.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bhz28
wow congrats on Hawaii man, I would love to get stationed out there.
Thanks, I had to reenlist for 6 more years for it LOL. I just hope its worth it
Old 01-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Restricted User

I'm from Waimanalo, born and raised on the island. Locals usually won't mess with you unless you disrespect them first. Just use common sense and you'll be fine. Too bad Hawaii Raceway Park closed a while back. I loved that place!
Old 01-22-2008, 08:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey dude... im out here too. and like some of the other guys said, its all based on how your unit is. the unit im in sucks *****, so thats how it is for me military wise here.

but the weather is always nice, you only have to put up with some light rain about every day. and its always swimming and bikini watching season too... never a shortage in that
Old 01-23-2008, 12:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by socmguy
I'm from Waimanalo, born and raised on the island. Locals usually won't mess with you unless you disrespect them first. Just use common sense and you'll be fine. Too bad Hawaii Raceway Park closed a while back. I loved that place!
wow man your on the windward side.seems like its always raining there all the time.Im from the leeward side Nanakuli is the place.ya its sad almost over 2yrs since our racetrack closed.who knows it will open someday.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

I was there fron '93-'96. Single and I rented a beach house with a buddy next to Euhkai beach park facing Pipe Line on the north shore. I almost ets'd at the end of the tour to live there forever.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 325trooper
I was there fron '93-'96. Single and I rented a beach house with a buddy next to Euhkai beach park facing Pipe Line on the north shore. I almost ets'd at the end of the tour to live there forever.
Oh man many of fun nights out at Ehukai beach park love that beach

FrankSS what unit are you in over there???
Old 01-26-2008, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

This will give yousome ideas about what is for rent out here:

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/apa/?SAB=oah

If you have a dog, 4 months is the standard quarantine and $1080.....unless you prepare ahead, then you can cut the time or even get an airport release.

Locals are very nice as long as you are. Just remember to act with "Aloha" as you are a visitor here.....do not act like you own the place

If you are at Schofield, I would look into a place in Mililani, Waikele, Waipio, or "central Oahu" area.

I was here on active duty and returned to live here and I work on the Air Force base.

Quick Reply: Going to be stationed in Hawaii