Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Ft Hood F-bodies....

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ft Hood F-bodies....

WTF man?! Today it seemed like I couldn't drive 2 blocks without seeing an F body. Just at the Copeland center alone there was 6 Trans am's in the parking lot. 3 of them were WS-6's (2 + mine). It was almost like heaven.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

Oh yea, one silver ws6 looked like he had some C6 rims and a SLP ram air hood. I didn't get a good look at the hood though.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Fort Hood and Killeen are like sports car haven. Having a modified sports car is the norm; it's the one place I feel like I don't stand out while driving around.

By the way, 7PM at Fuddrucker's, park at the mall parking lot, Killeen GM Muscle Car Club meets up. Mostly f-bodies, a few 'vettes.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

I just found them last week, oddly enough. I should be there, for atleast a little bit. If not this week, then I will come by next week. I PCS toward the end of the month, so I won't be around much longer. But I hear ya. I almost had a run with a cobra today, but he got off on the clear creek exit. I think it was an 04, so he probably woulda taken me. But fun is fun, so I don't care about loosing.

I did see you the other day though. Sunday, I think. I was leaving fuddruckers in the wifes car. Two or three mustangs just left the mall area before you. Clean car man. Looks great.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 96WS6guy
I just found them last week, oddly enough. I should be there, for atleast a little bit. If not this week, then I will come by next week. I PCS toward the end of the month, so I won't be around much longer. But I hear ya. I almost had a run with a cobra today, but he got off on the clear creek exit. I think it was an 04, so he probably woulda taken me. But fun is fun, so I don't care about loosing.

I did see you the other day though. Sunday, I think. I was leaving fuddruckers in the wifes car. Two or three mustangs just left the mall area before you. Clean car man. Looks great.
Thanks man, that was probably Saturday, and the Mustangs were probably black and silver. They're both Cobras belongin to my friend. A bunch of cars meet up behind Chuck E Cheese's Saturdays at 5PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:36 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KMK454
Thanks man, that was probably Saturday, and the Mustangs were probably black and silver. They're both Cobras belongin to my friend. A bunch of cars meet up behind Chuck E Cheese's Saturdays at 5PM.
I'll have to by and see whats up.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:37 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good to know there isnt going to be a shortages of GTG and things to do when I get there...
Old 04-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Staging Lane

I'm gonna try to make it up there tonight. Not sure if I'll get too though. I just put my lid on last night, and I actually felt quite a bit of difference. Good stuff.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

My car is sitting in storage at my uncle's garage there in Killeen.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KMK454
Yup, that was it. It was funny though, as you guys were leaving I said to my wife "those mustangs are about to get their asses handed to them." And she laughed. She knows how I feel about mustangs and she feels the same.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Teching In

Yup, that was it. It was funny though, as you guys were leaving I said to my wife "those mustangs are about to get their asses handed to them." And she laughed. She knows how I feel about mustangs and she feels the same.
Well, the silver one is putting down 510 whp and 520 wtq, so... we haven't run yet.

Here's a rundown of all that happens around this place:

Thursday nights, 7PM at Fuddrucker's:

Killeen GM Muscle Car Club

First Wednesday of every month, Patriot Pontiac:

Mid-TX Corvette Club (old fogey waxer club but very nice people)

Saturday night, 5PM at Chuck E Cheese's:

CT Motorsports, mostly Mustang Cobras but a 'vette or two and some other non-Ford cars. Cool guys, all of them like cars.

Every night at Best Buy, late:

Ricers unite (I made that name up), but it's mostly import guys meeting up and talking. They like cars though so they'd be open to you showing up. A TT GTO goes there sometimes. The only uncool guys are the Neon owners. Yeah, they do make ridiculous power with their cars, but there's no need to be jerks about it.

And my FAVORITE event:

6PM in Round Rock, TX, at the intersection of I-35 and Ranch Road 620 (exit 252B off I-35S), behind the McDonalds...

If the weather is nice, there will be upwards of 50 cars, all quality, meeting at this spot. Classics, muscle cars, 'vettes, f-bodies, GTOs, 'stangs, exotics, hot rods, cruisers, etc. Even the imports that show up are awesome (Supras, NSXs). Great atmosphere; just show up, park, and BS with everyone about cars.

I'll be there this Saturday.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

Is that every Saturday night? That sounds bad ***! I drove by today in my wifes car. I'll be there next Thursday for sure. The headers and ORY are going on on Monday. Now I kinda wish I wasn't leaving Ft Hood.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Is that every Saturday night? That sounds bad ***! I drove by today in my wifes car. I'll be there next Thursday for sure. The headers and ORY are going on on Monday. Now I kinda wish I wasn't leaving Ft Hood.
I didn't make the f-body meet tonight but should be there next week.

Every Saturday night in Round Rockthere is the car meet. Weather and other local events tend to dictate the turnout. IE - overcast with a slight chance of rain plus the Cowboys are on TV = lower turnout. Clear skies and no other car shows or sporting events and there will be a high turnout.

I went 3 weekends ago in mid-March and there were: 11 'vettes, 14 GTOs, 8 Mustangs, 5 f-bodies, about 10 modified classic/hot rods, about 5 original classic cars, 3 De Tomaso Panteras, a Toyota Supra, two BMW M5s (one twin turbo'd), a rat rod, some bikes, a ton of STIs and EVOs, and some trucks. More came and went as the night went on, too. Unfortunately there is usually about 5 to 10 riced Cavaliers, but they don't get in anyone's way and are cool people, so it works out.

I should be there this Saturday. I take 195 to I-35, get off at 252B, and turn in after the McDonalds on the right. I like to get there around 6:30 and watch everyone show up. People just start showing up at 6.

A few pics:

This is my 78 Silverado that I sometimes take:

Old 04-21-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What is the name of the shop in Killeen that they work on f-bodies?
Old 04-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

Sunshine performance Talk to Mike. He owns the place. They do GREAT work there at a pretty good price. And they are VERY knowledgeable on LSX motors. Tell him Jon with the 2000 ws6 sent you.

Last edited by WILWAXU; 04-25-2008 at 03:33 PM. Reason: non sponsor phone number removed
Old 04-21-2008, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sweet man thanks......my brother in-law lives there and he doesnt know a whole lot about the LS1 so i just wanted to send him in the right direction.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:08 AM
Staging Lane

ahh... i cant wait to get back. This Iraq thing is getting old fast. Wont be back untill November. Atleast im making some money to try and keep up
Old 04-25-2008, 05:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sunshine performance Talk to Mike. He owns the place. They do GREAT work there at a pretty good price. And they are VERY knowledgeable on LSX motors. Tell him Jon with the 2000 ws6 sent you.
ive heard lots and lots of mixed things about sunshine

Last edited by WILWAXU; 04-25-2008 at 03:33 PM. Reason: non sponsor phone number removed
Old 04-25-2008, 03:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please do not post contact information for shops that are not sponsors here.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:06 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 96ta
ive heard lots and lots of mixed things about sunshine
They are good people. An old Plt Sgt in my company was good friends with the owner, and gave me their card when we were in Iraq. They've got good pricing and do damn good work from my experience with them. And if you are looking to do it yourself they'll walk you through it if you need help. I'm not saying they've never done something wrong. Everyone messes up along the line. I'm just saying I've never experienced them doing anything shady or sub par work.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood F-bodies....