Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Thinking about joining the NAVY! Input welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 09:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ thats how bootcamp used to be...a wholllllleee lot different now. I actually have a DVD about it that they gave us at recruiting school so we could show DEPpers what its going to be like. The new 'ships' that the recruits live in have everything there so they dont really have to march anywhere. crazy...
Old 08-28-2008, 02:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crazylane
If you wanna join the real navy... Then stay away from VP and VQ squadrons... They are a joke.. I gurantee I have seen more places then those guys have on one deployment. Then they have there whole careers.. Dumbass flyers. lol
Dude you're an MR in a ******* VP squadron...what did you really expect?
Old 08-28-2008, 01:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr.MartyStone
Dude you're an MR in a ******* VP squadron...what did you really expect?
Damn you work in this **** and you can't even get were and who I work for correct... Not VP, ITS VQ....Thats sad douche...
Old 08-28-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crazylane
Damn you work in this **** and you can't even get were and who I work for correct... Not VP, ITS VQ....Thats sad douche...
Go CNC your desk ***!
Old 08-28-2008, 04:24 PM
11 Second Club

^^^Ha ha.. Thats an awesome come back. I think I might have to buy you a beer the next time we go to the OHT.... Yeah probibly not!!!
Old 09-01-2008, 03:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah look at at the rates that you are qualified to do you may see something else that appeals to you. They will discuss everything that job offers from what they do, work environement, educational opportunities, etc. I am a Hull Technician in the Navy and i have been in for 5 years now. I was stationed down at Camp Pendleton, CA working on the Navy's LCAC's Landing Craft Air Cushioned. I loved every minute of it i TIG welded Aluminum almost every day. My job field has its ups and downs like all others. HT's deal with ****! i do plumbing and CHT(collection holding and transfer) systems so thats the sucky part but i love being a HT in the Navy!! I am sure everyone is proud of the service they serve under. I am now a Navy Recruiter now!!!
Old 09-01-2008, 06:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 94CamaroZ28SS
Yeah look at at the rates that you are qualified to do you may see something else that appeals to you. They will discuss everything that job offers from what they do, work environement, educational opportunities, etc. I am a Hull Technician in the Navy and i have been in for 5 years now. I was stationed down at Camp Pendleton, CA working on the Navy's LCAC's Landing Craft Air Cushioned. I loved every minute of it i TIG welded Aluminum almost every day. My job field has its ups and downs like all others. HT's deal with ****! i do plumbing and CHT(collection holding and transfer) systems so thats the sucky part but i love being a HT in the Navy!! I am sure everyone is proud of the service they serve under. I am now a Navy Recruiter now!!!
when did you go recruiting? I just went through ENRO
Old 09-01-2008, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
when did you go recruiting? I just went through ENRO
I was in ENRO in May-June 2007. I checked into NRD San Francisco Last July! I am currently the ARINC of my Station! Went 200% last two months and its only me a small station!
Old 09-01-2008, 12:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 94CamaroZ28SS
I was in ENRO in May-June 2007. I checked into NRD San Francisco Last July! I am currently the ARINC of my Station! Went 200% last two months and its only me a small station!
Sounds like somebody will be getting reeped..<<sp lol
Old 09-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Banned

I don't know if this has been said yet, but every branch offers loan repayment, every branch has free tuition while you are in, and every branch gives the same GI bill.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jperran
I don't know if this has been said yet, but every branch offers loan repayment, every branch has free tuition while you are in, and every branch gives the same GI bill.
that is true now it is up to the person to do the research of every branch and pick one that best suit's what they want!! We all serve under the same flag!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:09 AM
TECH Regular

I may catch a lot of crud for this but so be it.

I don't think money, even money for college is all that great of a reason to join the military. The people I came in with who state that as their primary motivation are the ones having the toughest time dealing with all that is military. If yer gonna be a *****, there are more lucratives venues for that.

If you are joining for college money or training for a new career...there are numerous ways to do that which are faster, cheaper, better training, and more educational. Remeber this is the military. Let's look at someone who wants to do an IT job. True, you have to have a certain GT score to qualify...but after that it's pretty sad. The military way of training you to be an IT admin is designed for someone who has never ever seen a computer before. Then they proceed to train you at the pace of the lowest common denominator.

15% on a student loan...wow...I thought 5% was bad. Have you looked into refinancing that at a rate more inline with current student loans? Maybe try to get on at a Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, etc, dealership?
Old 09-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Launching!

Old 09-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Alright well everyone I decided not to join! I have a few main reasons First I scored 4 points to low on my ASVAB test to quilify for the Loan Repayment Program that was one of my main motivators! Second I wanted nothing to do with mechanics since i enjoy it as a hobby more than a job and wanted to be an MA well I have a minor in possesion that wouldnt allow me to be an MA I understand I could do all the same things and then transfer over after a few years but that was the first and only job the career guy pulled out was an AM I told him first thing I dont want to do that as a job! Then they wanted me to join for 5 years and they would give me an extra 6 grand so basically my reasons for joining went down the pisser and my recruiter had to come pick me up talk about feeling worthless lol o well to each their own!!! Oh and trust me I could have had a job at a dealership I was already offered a job but my driving record was way bad I guess it still is I have 14 tickets and lost my drivers license twice and still on probation and high risk insurance!!! Just another great part of MY life!!

Ryan
Old 09-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wannaB
Alright well everyone I decided not to join! I have a few main reasons First I scored 4 points to low on my ASVAB test to quilify for the Loan Repayment Program that was one of my main motivators! Second I wanted nothing to do with mechanics since i enjoy it as a hobby more than a job and wanted to be an MA well I have a minor in possesion that wouldnt allow me to be an MA I understand I could do all the same things and then transfer over after a few years but that was the first and only job the career guy pulled out was an AM I told him first thing I dont want to do that as a job! Then they wanted me to join for 5 years and they would give me an extra 6 grand so basically my reasons for joining went down the pisser and my recruiter had to come pick me up talk about feeling worthless lol o well to each their own!!! Oh and trust me I could have had a job at a dealership I was already offered a job but my driving record was way bad I guess it still is I have 14 tickets and lost my drivers license twice and still on probation and high risk insurance!!! Just another great part of MY life!!

Ryan
You have 14 tickets and failed the ASVAB.

Today is a great day for the U.S. Military.

Quick Reply: Thinking about joining the NAVY! Input welcome!